Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefromthemoon
ESP Major

Short Cake Log - 5 TEKs (FINAL UPDATE) - Moss Tek Wins
    #6039068 - 09/07/06 05:03 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I am so sorry that I do not have pics to complete this log  :frown:

* 4 colonized BRF cakes (PES Hawaiian)

1) Sphagnum Moss Tek (Dunked)- 1 Hawaiian Cake
2) Classic Dunk  and Roll - 1 Hawaiian Cake
3) Dunk and Double-End Cased - 1 Hawaiian Cake
4) Cased in 1/2 pint jar w/ alien casing mix - 1/2 Hawaiian Cake

I'm curious to to see how all the different TEKs progress.

Fruiting Chamber Stats

* Cooler type FC with ultrasonic humidifier 24/7
* Lighting - Standard Fluorescent - On 6 hrs., Off 6 hrs., On 6 hrs., and Off 6 hrs.
* Relative Humidity - 99%
* Fresh Air Exchange - 5 times over (or greater) per hour
* Birthed - 9/3/06
* Dunked in tap water and refrigerated 24 hours.
* In Fruiting Chamber on - 9/4/06

Pictures of Fruiting Chamber

--------------------

Day 4 in the Fruiting Chamber

Wow wee!

I can’t believe what 4 days can do!

--------------------

Sphagnum Moss Tek

Birthday & Day 2

After birthing from the jars, I dunked the cake in tap water for exactly 24 hours.  I purchased hand cleaned Sphagnum Moss imported from New Zealand (high quality) and prepared it by stuffing it into pint jars (everything was completely dry) and PCed it for 2 hours. (I was very sterile throughout this process.)

The next day I took a lid and lined the bottom with the moss and allowed a bunch to hang over the edge.  I removed the cake from the dunk and placed in the center of the lid/moss.  Then I pulled the moss up around the side and used a rubber band to hold it in place.  I then trimmed to moss to be equal to the height of the cake and sprinkled some of the “moss crumbs” on top.

Once the cake was cased in moss, I completely sprayed and saturated it with 10/1 water/peroxide and placed it in the Fruiting Chamber.

Day 6

The cake looks great!  The myc is spreading into the moss and the high humidity of 99% is keeping it perfectly moist.  I believe this cake has the potential to grow very large fruit with the aid of the moss being able to provide so much water.  The Sphagnum Moss Tek clearly has the most potential as far as providing extra water during fruiting (vermiculite cannot hold as much water when compared side by side).

Knotting!!!

The knotting is very strong on the top of the cake; big and thick.  Out of all the cakes and casings, this cake ranks number 3 with the most knotting.  I believe surface area is one factor.  There should easily be pins by Monday, but more likely tomorrow (which I might miss :frown:).

Pictures - Day 4 in FC

FINAL UPDATE

:thumbup: This tek (for cakes) was the winner hands down.  I could not believe how many pins developed and how big they grew.  This cake produced twice as much as any other cake in this test.

This tek is worth a try, but I do recommen PCing the moss for 90 to 120 minutes

--------------------

Classic Dunk and Roll

Birthday and Day 2

After birthing from the jars, I dunked the cake in tap water for exactly 24 hours.  The next day I filled a jar lid with dry vermiculite and sprayed till saturated with 10/1 water/peroxide.  I removed the cake, rinsed in under the tap, rolled in dry vermiculite, and sprayed down with the 10/1 till saturated.  I made sure there was a thick coating all around. I added it to the Fruiting Chamber.

Day 6

This cake looks great as well, very pretty in fact.  The myc on the sides of the cake completely grew threw the thick vermiculite, evenly all around.  There is one cute tuft of myc coming out of the center of the cake too.

Knotting!!!

The knotting on this cake is unbelievable! It’s growing in perfect perpendicular lines evenly around the cake sides.  Thick knots are also all around, including the tuft on top.  This cake ranks number 1 with the most knotting.  Again, I bet it will pin tomorrow.

Pictures - Day 4 in FC

FINAL UPDATE
Good, but standard results.  I really could not tell any difference between dunk and roll and double-ended.  They both produced well though

For cakes, I'm opting to use moss - but rolling is easiest (but not much)

--------------------

Dunk and Double-End Cased

Birthday and Day 2

Same fridge dunk as the other cakes.  Instead of rolling, I also placed dry vermiculite in a lid and wetted down with 10/1.  I placed the cake on that and piled-up more dry vermiculite on top and wetted down.  I left the sides alone and placed in the Fruiting Chamber.

Day 6

This cake also looks pretty great.  The myc on the sides is growing with even more perfect perpendicular formations – reminds me of a snowflake or a fractal.  This cake also has a nice tuft growing out the top layer of vermiculite.

Knotting

The knotting on this cake is a close second with the rolled cake.  Nice thick knotting all around the sides, including the tuft on top.  This cake will also probably pin tomorrow.

Pictures - Day 4 in FC

FINAL UPDATE
Good, but standard results.  I really could not tell any difference between dunk and roll and double-ended.  They both produced well though

For cakes, I'm opting to use moss - but rolling is easiest (but not much)

--------------------

Cased ½ Pint Jar

Day 4 in the Fruiting Chamber

It’s water logged – this Fruiting Chamber is perfect for cakes, but not for casing due to the high humidity.  The jar collected water up to the top of the casing layer.  There is however, myc popping up evenly through the casing/water line.  It has water droplets which is probably hindering knotting.  I poured out the excess water and we’ll see what it looks like on Monday.

Pictures - Day 4 in FC

FINAL UPDATE

This one, dispite being water logged, produced the most pins by far and fruited 3 days earlier.  It did not produce as much as the moss tek though, but I believe that is due to casing mistakes on my part.

Edited by fromthemoon (09/29/06 10:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenewmodel
The Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the 10,000 lakes.
Re: Short Cake Log - 5 TEKs [Re: fromthemoon]
    #6039091 - 09/07/06 05:09 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Keep us posted I am curious to see what happens in your findings. I am waiting on my little experiment also.

Good luck,

I.T

--------------------
A man that comes to the door is never quite the same man who went out.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used

Offlinefromthemoon
ESP Major

Re: Short Cake Log - 5 TEKs [Re: newmodel]
    #6041713 - 09/08/06 03:45 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

UPDATE

Sorry the pic aren't available - they are very sexy!

I'll get them up ASAP though.

--------------------
Look at the atoms in the air and allow your mind to see the other planes that coexists in the same physical space where you sit. There are vibrational strings in each and every atom containing infinite realities, universes, and dimensions. Multidimensional beings and entities are RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!!! Only gravity and mental energy can pass through these different atomic branes and mushrooms can break the mental/spiritual membranes separating one reality from the other. TAKE A LOOK!

Offlinefromthemoon
ESP Major

#6044417 - 09/09/06 02:13 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

UPDATE - I got the pics loaded :smile:

I can't wait till Monday for the next peek (and pics).

--------------------
Look at the atoms in the air and allow your mind to see the other planes that coexists in the same physical space where you sit. There are vibrational strings in each and every atom containing infinite realities, universes, and dimensions. Multidimensional beings and entities are RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!!! Only gravity and mental energy can pass through these different atomic branes and mushrooms can break the mental/spiritual membranes separating one reality from the other. TAKE A LOOK!

Offlinefromthemoon
ESP Major

#6114861 - 09/29/06 10:13 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

FINAL UPDATE (see above)

The Moss Tek won  :rockon:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds