Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTman
Stranger
Question about jail time for selling weed...
    #5968952 - 08/16/06 09:30 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Im just curious about how its decided the length of jail time one is sentenced for selling weed. Is it based on how much you are selling or does it vary from state to state? My friend said we could make bank selling weed but Im afraid of what would happen if we were caught.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
Re: Question about jail time for selling weed... [Re: Tman]
    #5968988 - 08/16/06 09:55 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

it will depend enormously on who is prosecuting you. it varies from state to state and county to county.

i can tell you what they would offer you in return for a guilty plea for one delivery selling a few grams of pot in my county:

1. a conviction for possession with intent to deliver (felony)
2. a term of 3 to 23.5 months in the county jail. you'd do 2.5 to 3 months and walk the rest off if you could stay out of trouble and lie low (parole sucks, believe me).
3. fines and court costs totalling about $2500 (attorney fees on top of that if you hire one).
4. driver's license suspension of 6 months

they would get you to accept this plea offer by threatening to send you to state prison for 2-4 years, the mandatory minimum in this state for any deliveries made within a school zone (which due to the genius of our legislature, is pretty much everywhere). that's for a small delivery, like helping out a "friend" with an 8th or something. if you're actually running an enterprise where you're pulling in any considerable amount of cash, you're going up state for at least a couple years.

/climbs up on soapbox

the risk you take goes up with the amount of money you make, and the risk outpaces the reward from the second you start selling. getting busted for being a small time dealer is going to cost you tens of thousands of dollars in court costs, attorney's fees, lost freedoms and lost oppurtunities. a clean criminal record alone is priceless. you don't really stand to make that much money if you're successful anyway.

get a job. being involved in the illegal drug market is not a glamorous, badass way to profiteer from drug prohibition. it's a stupid, lazy, greedy, desperate way to wager your life and liberty for money. the criminal justice system has already seen to it that the risks aren't worth the reward.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Question about jail time for selling weed... [Re: wilshire]
    #5969010 - 08/16/06 10:04 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Exactly. :thumbup:

The whole risk stems from transportation and interacting with other criminals. Get an entry-level job, regardless of whether or not you like doing it, and simply grow your own marijuana, and get stoned each and every single night. Personally, the risk of that is still too much for me to personally implement it, as I do rent a home, and it simply doesn't mean that much to me, but the risk as compared to trying to make money off of others is considerably, considerably less.

Your friend sounds like a criminal with an ideal sense of what the outcome will be. We'll tell you what the realistic, practical sense of what the outcome will be. :wink:

If everyone simply, quietly grew their own marijuana, the government would have far less ammunition agansit marijuana.

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineTman
Stranger
Re: Question about jail time for selling weed... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5972029 - 08/17/06 03:00 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

How much trouble would you be in if you were caught growing your own weed but only using it for personal use?

Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

Loc: Canada (not really)
    #5989387 - 08/23/06 12:02 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Lots and Lots, Big Brother is without mercy. And the horrific threat that the MJ plant and its by-products pose to the health and happiness of this nation is more than Big Brother will tolerate.

Get caught doing anything wrong and he'll throw the book at you.

The key is: Do what ever in the hell that you want......as long as you don't get caught. There is no mercy for failure.

Phungi

--------------------
"Don't Steal. The government hates competition!!"

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5989560 - 08/23/06 01:50 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

www.norml.org

possibly none if you live in a decriminalized state. just getting fines etc.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
33,763 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.019 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.