Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinejonnyjonjonjon
CrackBadger
 User Gallery

Loc: The Pharm
Marijuana voices
    #5982227 - 08/20/06 07:37 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I'm no schizo but I hear voices from time to time after smoking weed. I would have never thought it was paranormal up until a couple of weeks ago. I was stoned and I asked my self a question. I dont remember the question but I was wondering why I was the way I was. All of a sudden a mans voice says "It's because your a hyphochondriac".

The weird thing was I didnt know what the word meant so I looked it up in the dictionary and it related to what I was thinking about. Im not hypochondriac but it was a reasonable answer to the question.

I hear these voices alot when I smoke weed. Theyre always mens voices but they change alot. Its never the same person talking. Half the time they dont have anything to do with what im thinking about. Sometimes they do though. Unfortunately 90% of the time theyre negative in what they say and how they say it. That hypochondriac statement was one of the positive ones.

What the hells going on here? Is the weed bringing out my psychic abilities or am I just a nutjob?

--------------------
Mother goose said to the swan "Is that PCP your cooking?" and the swan replied "Yes, yes it is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Marijuana voices [Re: jonnyjonjonjon]
    #5982288 - 08/20/06 08:06 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

That would all depend on opinion. Some people would say your psychic....others would say you're nuts. I've experienced enough crazy shit to believe in paranormal stuff; there is so much going on that we don't know about & don't understand. So....my personal take on it is that you're not crazy. I can't say what it is that you're hearing though.

--------------------

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
Re: Marijuana voices [Re: Dark_Star]
    #5983333 - 08/21/06 08:45 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I would call those voices my "higher self". Ive asked myself (inside my own head) whist high, "what does the center of the Earth look like?" ... I immediatley got the reply, "Not much."

There isn't any light down there, you litterally couldn't SEE anything. LOL. I had to laugh out loud at that one.

OfflineDuppyConqueror
headingsomewhere
Male

Loc: My own inner Teahupoo
Re: Marijuana voices [Re: MystikMushroom]
    #5983697 - 08/21/06 11:56 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

You're not crazy, but you may need to learn to harness your psychic energy or it may get the best of you.

OfflineJon
Re: Marijuana voices [Re: DuppyConqueror]
    #5983921 - 08/21/06 01:56 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

This might sounds like some strange advice, but listen to classical music with alot of violin, no matter how much you hate it. At a point the violin will be your marijuana voice, which is quite pleasant.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #5988797 - 08/23/06 06:17 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

> I'm no schizo but I hear voices from time to time after smoking weed.

You may or may not be schizo, I'm not qualified to make that determination.  However, many people hear voices when they first start smoking weed.  It is a common side effect.  To me, it always sounded like somebody standing over my shoulder talking, but I could never make out what they were saying.  Cannabis is a hallucinogen, and you are simply hearing audio hallucinations.  If the voices start to tell you what to do, then you should probably start to worry and seek professional help.  :wink:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisiblegeorgeM
Human
 User Gallery

Loc: Osage Cuestas
    #5989316 - 08/23/06 11:30 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Bats in the belfry are one thing but when they start talking that is something entirely different. I would have to say you are a raving lunatic jonnyjonjonjon, but lunacy seems to be humanity’s most well trodden path, and a rather pleasant path in my opinion. Only the dead are perfectly healthy.
The hypochondriac thing is interesting, I occasionally experience something very similar after ingesting marijuana. My typical delusion involves pulmonary ailments in conjunction with delusions of insanity. As someone who works with mentally ill people who have substance abuse histories I think my particular experiences are the result of environmental factors. These can be dealt with by basic “set and setting”  precautions. Marijuana is often looked at very casually however for strong doses, some cautionary or preliminary attention to set and setting can maximize enjoyment and reduce anxiety loads.
You are likely fine, besides, neurotic hypochondriacs rock!!!  :crazy2:
georgem

Offlineas above so below
dmt psychonaut
Male

Loc: Texas
    #10882056 - 08/18/09 11:25 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Bro I stopped smoking weed because it made me hear voices. At first it seemed like i had some sort of telepathic ability , but in all reality i was just tripping and it freaked me out. I only experience the voices on weed , not shrooms dmt , or even mescaline. strange. i guess its just the weed from my experience. peace out mate

--------------------
I believe in a long, prolonged, derangement of the senses in order to obtain the unknown.

Email : peruvian_torch@hushmail.com
www.myspace.com/dmttryps

OfflineSpectralShaman
Stranger
Female

Re: Marijuana voices [Re: as above so below]
    #10885617 - 08/18/09 08:22 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yeah i used to get the same thing when i first started smoking. it went away with time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals