Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineExplorerdude
Stranger
Loc: Baltimore, MD
Mazatepec - How long does it take before pinning?
    #597041 - 04/02/02 08:40 PM (22 years, 19 days ago)

Hey all,
I just recently have finished up colonizing 3 jars of Mazatepecs and am having quite a hard time getting them to pin. All it seems that they want to do is produce more mycelim! Here is what I did... I incubated my PF Jars at 83-90 degrees F for 13+ days. I birthed one of my cakes prior to seeing pins. (I was anxious.) After I birthed my cake I put it into a dual chambered tererium at approximately 70 degrees under natural indirect sunlight. It has been in there for 3 days recieving approximately 11 hours of light per day. Last night I put it into the refridge over night to see if that won't help encourage it to start pinning. My other two jars appear to be mostly colonized and have no signs of pinning mushrooms yet.

I have a few questions that hopefully someone in this thread can answer. First off how long does it normally take the Mazatepec strain to pin?

What is the best way to encourage this behaviour?

Is it better to wait until pinning appears inside of the jar before birthing or to birth just prior to seeing pinning?

Is it better to case this strain or not to case it?
If so what is the best mix to use? Where can it be purchased?

Thanks for your help! Peace!

Happy Shroomin
Joe ;-)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mazatepec - How long does it take before pinning? [Re: Explorerdude]
    #597134 - 04/02/02 10:27 PM (22 years, 19 days ago)

Okay, make sure your humidity is good.

Thats the only real problem. The cold shock may help a little but I usually dont bother.

Just wait! Patience is key!

You should see mycellium growing slightly and then you will notice hyphal knots. Be careful, some of these hyphal knots are for secondary and maybe even a 3-5th flush. Also, if the cake seems low on moisture you might want to dunk it.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Loc: Florida
Re: Mazatepec - How long does it take before pinning? [Re: Explorerdude]
    #597382 - 04/03/02 06:48 AM (22 years, 19 days ago)

I don't know about Maz cakes, but I do have a casing of Maz that just started pinning. It's been exposed to fruiting conditions for over 2 weeks, and I just got pins within the last 2-3 days. On the bright side, it is BY FAR the best pinset I've ever had. I don't know what I did right, but I have several hundred pins - it looks like something from an Anno thread. I cased top & bottom with sterilized Jiffy Mix, and the substrate was Ryche's Hawk formula from the grow/find section. Come to think of it, this is the first casing to fruit from that batch of substrate. So if your cakes don't make you happy, do a print and try casing some seed.
And be patient.

--------------------
I don't really know anyone who grows mushrooms. I just come here for fun.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds