Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Shrooms = insanity? [Re: mikeownow]
    #5958638 - 08/13/06 11:14 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

The mushrooms cause a shift of the assemblage point. The point in which we gather energy of our surroundings for interpretation by the brain. They allow us new perspectives of the world, there is no right or wrong about this, we simply are not on the same frequency as most other people.

When the assemblage point moves inside the aura, we experience other views of ourselves, and this world, we may use parts of our mind that we wouldn't normally, and explore aspects of ourselves that we wouldn't normally.

When the assemblage point moves outside the aura, we are privileged to visit aspects of reality completely separate from the limitations of the self. Travel to otherworlds and out of body experience are the kind of things that happen at this point. Movement of the assemblage point outside the aura is often labeled by the uninitiated as a "level 5."

If you are interested in insanity, in my view, insanity would be uncontrolled sporadic shifting of the assemblage point in normal waking states of consciousness. In this instance, there is no solid view of reality to ever hold onto, it is in a constant state of change. Generally, this isn't a rational fear... In most cases, after the trip, the assemblage point will lock back into the ordinary position within a day or two. It with act as a pendulum swinging back and forth at smaller intervals, smaller margins of error each time until it stops. Occasionally this can take several days, and few claim to have permanent condition (HPPD).

To answer your question, "Do mushrooms make you insane?" I will answer; for the average user, NO. They do not make you insane, in-fact they take you beyond sanity, on the other side of insanity... unsanity.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Shrooms = insanity? [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5958650 - 08/13/06 11:29 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Personally I think shrooms has a built in mechanizm for fools who want to get all insane, its called ego loss, before the mind goes heywire it just basically shuts down,

I think insanity is more closely linked to drugs like acid, where the mind continues to expand and expand, until you have stimulation overload that results in us being really confused to the point that you may go insane,

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Shrooms = insanity? *DELETED* [Re: capliberty]
    #5958743 - 08/13/06 12:26 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 04:25 AM)

OfflineSyle
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW/USA
Re: Shrooms = insanity? [Re: capliberty]
    #5958754 - 08/13/06 12:32 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

capliberty said:
Personally I think shrooms has a built in mechanizm for fools who want to get all insane, its called ego loss, before the mind goes heywire it just basically shuts down,

I think insanity is more closely linked to drugs like acid, where the mind continues to expand and expand, until you have stimulation overload that results in us being really confused to the point that you may go insane,

i've never done acid, but what you just described there happens to me on mushies. it keeps escalating until the point where i have myself convinced i am really insane.

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
Re: Shrooms = insanity? [Re: Syle]
    #5958874 - 08/13/06 01:26 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Wow my old lame thread got resurrected and for the record I am sane as heck.. But seriously this was one of my first few posts......I just murdered 5 children.

BEHWOHAHAHAHAHHHOEHEWHAHHWHAHWHAAHWHA!

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineSilent_Vinny
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Shrooms = insanity? *DELETED* [Re: kaniz]
    #5961034 - 08/14/06 01:15 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Is it all about sex?

Honestly, (in my own opinion) we have totally lost the point.

Straight or Gay we're sexually immoral.

You people look at someone you don't know, and imagine screwing them?

I used to, to all women, sometimes still am...but I'm trying to think more about that person that I've never met before, then just the only thing I know for certain we have in common; sexual activity.

Sex is a special kind of love. Women walk it..Men desire it.

Perhaps tho, since everyone bounces around from new partner to new, we've lost that one love desire (the only way to make a child, the only cure to loneliness, the internal and external friend that is more then the best, that is your other half.)

I'm glad I'm young and haven't had the desire to experiment sex just because I like it. I always knew I liked it. But I don't want to lose it. And I don't want to hurt anybody. The only fear I have in this chaotic roller-coaster is not finding her to ride it with me.

I'll never understand Gay men. Well..I do, in away...perhaps I don't understand how they think it's right. That it's them.
Just not my field, I guess.

OfflineDr_Mcgillicuddy
Stranger

Re: Shrooms = insanity? *DELETED* [Re: Silent_Vinny]
    #5962029 - 08/14/06 10:28 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Well Many from my area don't eat mushrooms, I mention that I do and they think of needles and Crack because they are fucking stupid I tell them what its all really about, They say somthing stupid ' THEY EAT YOUR BRAIN!' Well I tell them, No they don't go ask the poor souls of down town why they are there, ask the people with shitty jobs why they have a shitty job, I can guarentee none will say because they ate mushrooms, most will say booze. My friends Drink too but they don't want to Try mushrooms not even 1gram and I don't like to pressure them either.

And who is Normal ? If normal is watching TV all day and buying the most expensive shit and having the new fucking 350$ shoes then Fuck the normal people, I know if thats normal then Im completly fucked

Grade 2 the teacher tells my mom there is a problem WHat is it?

"Well your son dosen't follow the general crowd"

I would like to know what makes Normal so fucking great to Anyone who thinks im an wierd I just laugh , you fucking stupid normal person

Offlinethatsoweird
Seeker
Male

Loc: Blue Jay Way
Re: Shrooms = insanity? *DELETED* [Re: Dr_Mcgillicuddy]
    #5962851 - 08/14/06 03:56 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

I'm gonna say that mushrooms can definitely make you temporarily insane. In that they can break down all your built up knowledge about how this world and society works. That will leave you pretty much insane. But only temporarily, not even for the whole trip, I bet that varies from person to person and trip to trip.

One that I have found a bit discomforting is that my thinking has definitely changed since I started taking mushrooms. For one thing I have been developing thoughts that state that I cannot judge any other human or their actions. Since I don't know all there is to know about the universe or the person in question I find it impossible for me to actually judge that person as a worse person than me. Now, in this society I can easily do it since that is what is expected. But this underlying thought pattern is altogether frightening to other people. I'm afraid this only makes sense to me because of a shift in thinking caused by mushrooms that isn't very helpful to me.

Dunno really... :P
Z

--------------------
"I'm not serious of course,
um, but I am peculiar."
-Terence McKenna

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience