Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: LSD-dangerous or not? -must read [Re: Asante]
    #5946554 - 08/09/06 04:33 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
LSD is contraindicated in people with certain cardiovascular disorder and in epileptics, because it can provoke heart attacks and cause severe epileptic episodes. (Stanislav Grof - LSD Psychotherapy)

if there are not any simmilar contra-indications for psilocybin or mescalein, I would say it only means that these other coumpounds, natural or not, have been less seriously considered by those groups of doctors.

I have 37 years of experience with them and I do love them all, but I have the most distinct impression that lsd carries the least non-psychedelic toxin with it (probably none), the body reels at what the mind feels afterwards with some weariness and sore muscles.

also the unusually high LD-50 says a lot about this compound which is active in such tiny quantities.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Re: LSD-dangerous or not? -must read [Re: DyeGreen]
    #5946558 - 08/09/06 04:39 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DyeGreen said:
Anyone have any more information on the increased risk of heart attack? I have a heart murmur, which as far as I know doesn't effect my day to day life too much except I have to take a pill before I go to the dentist, oddly enough. I know this is getting deep into medical talk here, but now i'm concerned that i'm a higher / unsafe risk for stuff like this... hmm

My Dad quit smoking pot when he experienced his heart racing. I've felt that at times too.

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: LSD-dangerous or not? -must read [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #5946573 - 08/09/06 04:51 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

what the fuck? Name one confirmed death from pancreatic cancer caused by LSD consumption! That is absolute bullshit.
LSD is metabolised by the human body easier than caffiene! Other than mild stimulation of the autonomic nervous system and serotonin receptor drenching it is quite harmless.
The only real dangers are psychological and I can tell you that if youve taken mushrooms and can handle them you will be fine on LSD, which is generally much more forgiving and easier to manage. And so much more insightful as well.

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD-dangerous or not? -must read [Re: Asante]
    #5946577 - 08/09/06 04:54 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Actually, since the threat for cardiovascular diseased individuals relates only to the stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system caused by excess release of norepinephrine and epinephrine, its no greater than from say four cups of coffee or a fright.

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD-dangerous or not? -must read [Re: Booby]
    #5946580 - 08/09/06 04:57 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

The heart racing is caused by a drop in blood pressure and is completely harmless.
THC can effect postural bloodpressure. A person who is suceptible will get a sudden drop in blood pressure which causes the sympathetic nervous system to become overactive to counter this - by increasing heart beat to increase blood pressure and flow to the brain - but the side effects of this autonomic function are anxiety, hand tremors and feeling dizzy.

--------------------

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: LSD-dangerous or not? -must read [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #5947523 - 08/09/06 02:06 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KingDavid said:
It's amazing what drug propaganda is doing to people!

LSD is physically completely safe . . the only risks are psychological.

I find it pretty silly to make little of psychological effects in such a way. If and when I ever do worry about my use of drugs, it is always the psychological side.

Yes, it can bring up things which are pre-existing. But no, you have no idea about the workings of your own subconscious. It's a small risk we're all aware of, and clearly we find it worth the risk.

"Observation 2:
The risk of developing HPPD definitly seems much higher with certain substances. It is obvious to me that the risk of developing HPPD with LSD is significantly higher compared to other substances (e.g. Psilocybin). This is a neurological effect (I guess it has to do with an increase in neuronal plasticity) and does not have much to do with 'bad trips' or traumatic experiences (again, many people are saying that, but this seems to be yet another strategy to downplay the risks of HPPD"

It would seem so, yes. This is one of the worst problems. There is no research to suggest that one or the other is actually more likely to cause HPPD. As I mentioned in an earlier post, *my* observation is that LSD is easier to abuse, and has a longer history of widescale "abuse". I also observe the apparent 2C-I HPPD association. No RC can be compared to LSD or Mushrooms for this likeliness, simply because they're used on a much smaller scale. But compared to all the other chems people buy nearly as much, 2C-I seems to have a *much* larger HPPD turnout.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD-dangerous or not? -must read [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5955755 - 08/12/06 05:19 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I dont think its silly, more I was approaching the issue from the physical wellbeing side, since the psychological are already commonly noted.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: LSD-dangerous or not? -must read [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #5955791 - 08/12/06 06:24 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

oddly, the whole attraction to bioactive chemistry agents in this sector is because they have sensory and psychological effects.

When we find a few chemicals with predictable psychological effects and no DIRECT body load, why does that make them suspicious?

for instance with salvia and lsd, one can dose to extreme mental/sensory discomfort with no direct celullar or tissue damage, not even nausea (except for the imagined sort from a kind of dizziness or an imagined invasion of the gut or vision of some hideous gut-wrenching sort)

Other compounds will introduce retching and nausea or outright physical pain, blood vessel constrictions, liver damage etc. long before the dose becomes so mentally challenging as is easily achieved with lsd or salvia.

this makes comparisons without a good scale to measure psychological/ sensory (psychedelic) effects inappropriate.

Relative effective psychedelic dosage is always a factor.

bear in mind I adore mushroom & cactus and appreciate them as much as lsd or salvia when available and the opportunity is suitable to have a nice session - this is not a favoritism based comment.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains