Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekook
Stranger
more mushrooms I found
    #5955227 - 08/11/06 10:49 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

All of these species found in sydney, NSW wales australia, found in the woods.

first species:

Unfortunatley a picture of the gills was bigger then my upload limit.

They are similar in colour to the caps, but much paler, very light orange. And they are I'd say mediumly spaced.

Edited by kook (08/11/06 11:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekook
Stranger
Re: more mushrooms I found [Re: kook]
    #5955246 - 08/11/06 11:00 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

picture of the gills:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9833/mushies007gy5.jpg

This is a picture of one mushroom found a short distance away from the others, and I'm not sure if its a seperate specis or not. The gills of this mushroom look different to the other, however the other looks like the gills may be a little dry/rotten.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5733/mushies008ww8.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2712/mushies009pl9.jpg
the gills

Edited by kook (08/11/06 11:16 PM)

Invisiblebaycafe
Urawa RedDiamonds
 User Gallery

Loc: 埼玉県&...
    #5955301 - 08/11/06 11:28 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

That looks like a deadly Galerina species. Possibly autumnalis. The description fits fairly well if the gills are adnexed.

Common Name: Deadly Galerina

Pileus

Cap 2-6 cm broad, convex to plano-convex; surface smooth, viscid, yellowish-brown to orange-brown; margin translucent striate; flesh very thin.
Lamellae

Gills adnexed to short-decurrent, close to sub-distant, with two tiers of lamellulae; pale yellowish when young, becoming yellowish-orange to concolorous with the pileus to pale brown in age.
Stipe

Stipe 2-10 cm long, 2-6 mm thick, smooth and white to buff above the annulus, dull gray-brown and fibrillose below, mostly equal, with a prominent annulus forming a white to rusty spore coated apical ring that is sometimes missing in age.
Spores

Spores 8-11 X 5-6.5 µm, elliptical, light brown in water, non-amyloid, ornamented with low warts. Spore print rusty brown.
Habitat

Scattered to cespitose on well decayed wood.
Edibility

Deadly!!! Deadly poisonous. Contains alpha-amanitins in sufficient quantities to cause death.
Comments

Galerina autumnalis and its close relatives Galerina marginata and Galerina venenata have been mistaken in the past with representatives of the genus Psilocybe by those interested in collecting hallucinogenic mushrooms. This has resulted in several poisonings and at least one death.

Above taken from http://www.mykoweb.com

--------------------
I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

俺のシロシャイビケッルリプスがここです。

東京スカパラダイスオクストラ

Offlinekook
Stranger
    #5955552 - 08/12/06 02:30 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by kook (08/12/06 02:34 AM)

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
    #5955570 - 08/12/06 02:53 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

apears to me but I am no expert to be the deadly galerina.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #5955571 - 08/12/06 02:54 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I have no freaking clue what the 2nd species is. Photos are way to blurry.

The 3rd species resides within the genus Coprinus, also known as Inky Caps, due to the black ink like residue that the caps degrade into as they age.

--------------------

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Re: more mushrooms I found [Re: CureCat]
    #5955574 - 08/12/06 02:56 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I did not see any inky caps.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Invisiblekoraks
Re: more mushrooms I found [Re: mikeownow]
    #5955585 - 08/12/06 03:08 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mikeownow said:

Kook's 'third species' in his third post in this thread does look like a coprinus species. Liquifying caps, fragile, hollow stems...

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Re: more mushrooms I found [Re: koraks]
    #5955588 - 08/12/06 03:11 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I dunno much about inky caps but I have found em befor and they look like this.

http://botit.botany.wisc.edu/toms_fungi/images/copr1.jpg

--------------------

Offlinekook
Stranger
Re: more mushrooms I found [Re: koraks]
    #5955724 - 08/12/06 04:32 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
Quote:

mikeownow said:

Kook's 'third species' in his third post in this thread does look like a coprinus species. Liquifying caps, fragile, hollow stems...

Those mushrooms were found in the exact same spot as the ones in my other thread (ID: poisonous?) and they were identified as coprinus. When I came back the next day, those mushrooms were their instead. Can they change their appearance that quickly?

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #5955776 - 08/12/06 05:57 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mikeownow said:
I dunno much about inky caps but I have found em befor and they look like this.

http://botit.botany.wisc.edu/toms_fungi/images/copr1.jpg

Quote:

kook said:
Quote:

koraks said:
Quote:

mikeownow said:

Those mushrooms were found in the exact same spot as the ones in my other thread (ID: poisonous?) and they were identified as coprinus. When I came back the next day, those mushrooms were their instead. Can they change their appearance that quickly?

I am addressing both Mikeownow, and kook, at the same time.

Coprinus aka Inky Caps, refers to a genus of mushrooms. Within Each Genus, there are species of mushroom that are genetically related.

For instance, Psilocybe cubensis- Psilocybe is the genus, cubensis is the species. Psilocybe weilii is a relative to Psilocybe cubensis. Again, Psilocybe is the genus (same as P. cubensis), and weilii is the species.

Mike, the mushroom you linked to is Coprinus comatus, within the genus also known as Inky Caps. This mushroom species comatus, also has it's own nic name- Shaggy Mane (Lawyers Wig in the UK I think).

Kook, the mushrooms in your first thread were ID'ed as Coprinus micaceus. The 3rd species identified in this thread as Coprinus, is perhaps Coprinus Truncorum. The mushrooms in that same spot previously have not changed, it is likely that two(or more) species have colonized that area- in this case, Coprinus micaceus and Coprinus truncorum- and they will often have different conditions under which they fruit.

--------------------

Invisiblekoraks
Re: more mushrooms I found [Re: CureCat]
    #5955789 - 08/12/06 06:22 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Good post, CureCat, took the words right out of my eh..keyboard :wink: As to the exact species of coprinus in this thread: I'm not sure, I don't have a guide handy that lists something that looks quite like these here. There are some identification keys for this genus available online, there's one here  and another one here.

Edited by koraks (08/12/06 06:25 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale