Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

How To Find A Meth Dealer.
    #5925940 - 08/02/06 04:16 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.slate.com/id/2146879/

How To Find a Meth Dealer
The states establish search engines for your shopping convenience.
By Jack Shafer
Posted Monday, July 31, 2006, at 6:56 PM ET

Meth Offender Registry Database.Charged with a drug felony, you get a trial. If convicted, prison or a suspended sentence probably await. In any event, once you've completed your sentence and parole, you go back to being a regular member of society, right?

Wrong, if you live in Tennessee, Illinois, or Minnesota and were recently convicted of making methamphetamine. Tennessee adopted a "methamphetamine offender registry" in 2005, patterning its law after the sex-offender registries now kept by all 50 states. The names of all new meth felons who made or sold the drug are stored in a public Web database, where they stay for seven years. Next came Illinois, whose law logs only meth manufacturers. Last week, Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty mandated a Tennessee-style registry and he promises his state's Web site containing the names, birth dates, and conviction information of meth offenders will be up by year's end. Oklahoma, Georgia, and other states are also considering meth registries.

Of all the crimes on the books—of all the drug crimes on the books—why are states singling out methamphetamine offenders for such exacting scrutiny and ostracism? It's not the potential dangers posed by the drug, or the states would have listed convicted heroin merchants years ago. Nor is it an issue of fire and health hazards posed by clandestine meth labs, or else the states would insist on building out their Web sites to include clandestine PCP manufacturers, too.

Nor can anyone argue that meth makers and dealers are like sex offenders, hopeless recidivists who can't stop themselves from committing the crime again and again and must be publicly monitored in the interest of public safety.

As I've argued in these pages before, the war on meth has become a moral panic, driving everybody a little crazy. No anti-meth measure is considered too strong by Congress or the legislatures; no utterance about the drug regarded as too ridiculous to appear in a governor's speech or on the front page of a daily newspaper. The meth registries are the modern version of medieval stocks, and the people we list in them our era's witches and sorcerers.

What exactly will this punitive harassment accomplish? It certainly won't encourage meth offenders to assume a lawful place in society. Minnesota State Attorney General Mike Hatch, the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party candidate for governor and no softie on the drug issue, considers the meth registry a referral service for users. "What better place to find a meth dealer than on an Internet Web site," Hatch said last week.

Or maybe not. The Tennessee meth registry doesn't promise accuracy, covering its ass with a disclaimer on the home page stating that the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, which is in charge of the database, doesn't verify any of the information sent to it by counties. If it's not accurate, why bother?

Even if desirable, are the registries practical? Law enforcement doesn't have the resources to keep tabs on sex offenders who refuse to register. How are they going to track the thousands of meth offenders streaming out of prisons? Would any police chief, sheriff, or state attorney general advocate such a deployment of resources?

The most hysterical of the anti-drug warriors won't be satisfied until they've established meth registries in 50 states, but even then they won't be happy, any more than the advocates of the sex-offender registries were happy after every state set up sex-offender registries. The advocates demanded a nationally searchable database so offenders just across state borders could be spotted, and now they've got one.

Maybe I'm wrong and a registry of meth offenders is a terrific crime-stopper of an idea. But if it is such a great idea, why isn't anybody calling for registries of reckless drivers, white-collar bandits, bunco artists, and petty thieves?

Because I'm not wrong.

I know this is supposed to be a press column, not a drug column. Consider it my summer vacation. Register (har-har) your views via e-mail: slate.pressbox@gmail.com. (E-mail may be quoted by name unless the writer stipulates otherwise.)

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: How To Find A Meth Dealer. [Re: Schwip]
    #5926198 - 08/02/06 05:42 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Wow! This totally solves the problem of how to find a local meth dealer. I bet that site will get a ton of hits.

How stupid can they get? Having your name in the database is going to make it impossible to integrate into the straight world so of course they're going to keep making meth. This site is probably as good as being listed in the yellow pages. The only thing dumber would be if they listed the purity of their product or the prices they charge!

And what about all the people that have the same names? That's going to fuck a lot of people over.

-FF

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

Re: How To Find A Meth Dealer. [Re: fastfred]
    #5926213 - 08/02/06 05:46 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Click the pic for the database :laugh:

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

InvisibleAfroshroomerican
Oprah's Minion
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
    #5926217 - 08/02/06 05:48 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Is meth really worth the health risk/addiction?

From what I hear it's like a mild XTC.

--------------------
"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

~Martin Luther King Jr.~

<passitbobbie> if I just showed you a closeup of my ass
<passitbobbie> youd think it was female

"You owe errrbody up in here an apology fow youwe shit, HO!" - classic

OfflineCoolMojo
Imagination iswhat you make ofit
Folding@home Statistics
Re: How To Find A Meth Dealer. [Re: Afroshroomerican]
    #5926253 - 08/02/06 05:58 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I wonder how long it is until a dealer that gets busted tries for entrapment. By having this site with my name and adress I was hounded day and night by desperate tweakers. Eventually I had to start dealing again just so people would get off my back.

It would also make a decent corprate head hunting source. "hmm, all these guys are self motivating business men who aren't afraid of bending the rules to make a buck. The fact their willing to work LONG hours is a plus also" ROFL

OfflineLily_Morgan
I'm #1 !!
Female User Gallery
Loc: Eastern Shore
Re: How To Find A Meth Dealer. [Re: Afroshroomerican]
    #5926293 - 08/02/06 06:11 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Afroshroomerican said:

I don't know who you're talking to, but meth is like poor man's cocaine.

Offlinesvasanvedana
johnson
Male User Gallery
Re: How To Find A Meth Dealer. [Re: Lily_Morgan]
    #5926399 - 08/02/06 06:46 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lily_Morgan said:
Quote:

Afroshroomerican said:

Meth is pretty different from Ecstasy, and feels nothin like coke--adderall/dexadrin would be the closest. I really enjoy it, but I can't say its not an evil addictive monster of a drug.  While it lasts muuuuch longer than cocaine (with a rush at first followed by extreme alertness and speedyness), you still have the tendency to keep doing it.  and doing it.  Longest I ever stayed up for was 8 days; I've heard of people pushing 2 weeks with a few short naps inbetween.  When your up that long ya really start to lose your mind.  Binges and worse yet habitual use will fuck up basically every part of your body, not to mention your nerves.  People can get nasty psychological disorders as well, or makes preexisting conditions much worse. Luckily for me its uncommon enough around here i may never encounter it again--its fun as hell, but realllll trouble.  :eek:

Offlinemeheh
horse poop and straw

Re: How To Find A Meth Dealer. [Re: svasanvedana]
    #5927401 - 08/02/06 11:38 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

cant really say im surprized

--------------------
fo sho

Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

Loc: Canada (not really)
Re: How To Find A Meth Dealer. [Re: meheh]
    #5927771 - 08/03/06 03:57 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Listen up everyone!!!!

Meth is not illegal!!! And kids don't have to go to the corner street dealer to get it. Just go see your doctor. Methamphetamine is Sched. 2 and has accepted medical uses.

Perhaps the various pharmacutical companys should be on this registery, considering all the poisons that they are passing around, especially to our children ages 6 and up. ADHD my ass.
Read the links I sent and tell me that theres any justice in America.
Drug Laws are ALL BULLSHIT!!!!! The so called "drug warriors" are nothing more that modern day inquisitionists.

Pretty soon they will by giving us "trial by water" and using torture. While at the same time giving our CHILDREN mass doses. Fuck them all!!!!

http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/des1613.htm#TOP

http://psyweb.com/Drughtm/jsp/desoxyn.jsp

--------------------
"Don't Steal. The government hates competition!!"

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #5927802 - 08/03/06 04:22 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I can't wait until we get back to branding criminals!  The whole "raise your right hand" in court comes from the days when we branded the right palm of criminals with a symbol indicating their crime.  Oh, and burning witches too!  Boy, I can't wait until we can start tossing women on the fire when their witchcraft causes it to get too hot outside.  :rolleyes:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: How To Find A Meth Dealer. [Re: Seuss]
    #5928170 - 08/03/06 10:08 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I think if the government starting elevating the anti-drug war to the extent of violence against non-violent offenders, there would be a severe civil war.

Although... I don't know how else to classify the drug war anyway... it's absolutely obvious that a large number of users are productive members of society, who simply want to practice different beliefs than the socially elite.

I guess inquisition would be a better classification than civil war.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: How To Find A Meth Dealer. [Re: Lily_Morgan]
    #5928172 - 08/03/06 10:10 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lily_Morgan said:
Quote:

Afroshroomerican said:

It's SPEEEED!
You know... confidence boost, energy, relief?
None of the same euphoria as MDMA, although it does border on euphoric at times.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Offline76degrees
Apprentice

Loc: Middle Earth
Re: How To Find A Meth Dealer. [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #5930875 - 08/04/06 09:28 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

And they wonder why the war on drugs is failling. Dumb-da-da-dumb-DUHuuhuhuhumb!

I should note I don't give a damn about meth. And I would prefer it didn't exist. But still, what a wothless idea, Lol.

--------------------
The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

Edited by 76degrees (08/04/06 09:30 AM)

InvisibleFunkyLoFi
Existing

Re: How To Find A Meth Dealer. [Re: Seuss]
    #5934516 - 08/05/06 12:52 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
I can't wait until we get back to branding criminals!  The whole "raise your right hand" in court comes from the days when we branded the right palm of criminals with a symbol indicating their crime.  Oh, and burning witches too!  Boy, I can't wait until we can start tossing women on the fire when their witchcraft causes it to get too hot outside.  :rolleyes:

Ahhh, the old days of dealing with witches....

Throw the girl in the river....if she floats, she's a witch....if she sinks, she's human  :shocked:

--------------------
All the people you knew were the actors

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom