Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
List the jobs you've had
    #5909253 - 07/28/06 03:19 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

...in order. Maybe a blurb about them too.

Mine:

Reptile handler -- Horrible experience, quit very quickly

Grocery clerk -- Monotonous, pleasureless; nothing is ever accomplished. Destroys a person's soul.

Web developer -- Not for me

Housekeeper -- Thankless, low-paying hard work

Surveyor/Engineering tech -- Current job. I like it a lot.

I'd be interested to see what you all have done in your years.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshithead
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #5909305 - 07/28/06 03:31 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Before I start I have to ask what this was?
>Reptile handler -- Horrible experience, quit very quickly<

Helping dad on farm, sucked but I couldnt very well quit it I wanted to eat.

cashier in movie theater, was cool, until theater closed.

a Wheatie, during some summers, thats people who travel cutting wheat
was ok, but hard, and dirty

School now, its the perfect job. :cool:

--------------------
I just have names.
shit has been way busy, names have been flying out the door. No time for special name shit.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #5909312 - 07/28/06 03:32 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

burger king
then arbys
then back to burger king for a little bit
then eegees

then i said fuck that fast food shit and did construction

then that fell through and i went back to fast food, burger king
then taco bell
then i got a job i really liked for a while, working for a guy who puts together and maintains the weight rooms for the high schools and apartment complexes and shit around here. he hired his son in law and had to "let me go" to make some room for him.  :smirk: what ever....

then i went back to burger king (i never learn from my mistakes.) honestly though, i never like going without a job, and all i have to do in a bind is walk into any burger king and lay down my experience....hired on the spot. it sucks balls but its some cash in my pocket and  im only there till i find something better/different.

currently doing landscaping. love it. although the sun can kiss my ass everyday around 2 pm this time of year, i enjoy being outside and not having to deal with people.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: wrestler_az]
    #5909349 - 07/28/06 03:40 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

burgerville
tons of temp jobs thru labor ready
taco bell
jack in the box
round table pizza :laugh: thats where i work right now

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #5909367 - 07/28/06 03:45 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

paperboy - hard work for shitty pay

mcdonalds - smelled like shit after every shift, the managers were dicks, shitty pay.

labourer at a place that recycled plastic - ok pay, couldnt see myself doing that for a long period of time, quit.

*current- front line tech support for best buy (GeekSquad) - ok pay, managers are pretty good same with my co-workers, it's an alright job, will help me save up to leave this shit rat town

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #5909376 - 07/28/06 03:48 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Masonry laborer - Very hard but good paying and rewarding work.

Masonry bricklayer - Same except it's a skill I can take anywhere in the world if I need to fall back on anything.

Pizza Pro - Kinda sucked, but damn I can make some badass pizza and now I know a little something about the food industry.

Edited by Cowgold (06/03/07 11:52 PM)

OfflineInjectTruth
Wasting my Time,Waiting for theEnd
Male

Loc: New Jerusalem
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: barfightlard]
    #5909427 - 07/28/06 04:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Bagel place - one day, scrubbing bagel sheets and baking bagels, cleaning the grill, mopping the floor. Bullshit

Skate shop - pretty fucking awesome, ok pay, good discounts, about a year

Car wash - fucking monkey work, get real baked and hit the tires before the car goes in, just up and left in the middle of a shift one day.

Cell phone store - paid to sit online all day, fucking whack, about a month

snowboard/skate shop - ok pay, cool coworkers, gay ass owner, super gay, about 2 months

skatepark supervisor at the Y - best job EVER. PAID TO SKATE. Only 9 hours a week, but damn, what a job. Paid to get nasty.

Office Manager for an ebay company - 1 year, great pay, but increasing responsibility without compensation, learned a ton

Warehouse grunt - just a few extra bucks, did pull-ups on the shelves and shit

--------------------
On a personal level, Freaking Out is a process whereby an
individual casts off outmoded and restricting standars of
thinking, dress, and social etiquette in order to express
CREATIVELY his relationship to his immediate environment and
the social structure as a whole.

http://www.OrganicPharming.com - Ethno Shopping Portal

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: shithead]
    #5909429 - 07/28/06 04:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

shithead said:
Before I start I have to ask what this was?
>Reptile handler -- Horrible experience, quit very quickly

Saw it on a job bank:

Experience: None required
Rate of pay: $30 per 3-hour show.

I did the math and figured it was $10 an hour. Not bad when minimum wage was $5.40. It turns out a three-hour show takes about 5 hours of work. And shitty work at that.

I only did one show. My boss and I took a vanful of snakes and bearded dragons to an elementary school classroom. My job on the way there was to crouch in the back of the van (which was kept at ninety-five degrees to keep the snakes comfortable), surrounded by coolers each containing a python or a boa constrictor (ranging from three to ten feet in length.) My boss didn't lock the coolers because the snakes would stress themselves out by banging their heads on the lid.

So here I am, crouched in this scorching hot van, pouring sweat, with fucking pythons popping their heads up all around me (I had only held one or two snakes at that point in my life) and I'm trying to guide them back into their boxes.

When we arrive, we brought the animals to a tiny classroom with fifty screaming kids in it, also heated to ninety-something. My boss drops a python on my shoulders and tells me to show the kids. I wander into the kids and half them are screaming, half crying, half over-excited. Meanwhile the snake is crawling down my back and wrapping the tip of its tail around my upper thigh, elliciting more screams from the kids.

Three hours of this and then another damn van ride home. I told him I quit the next time he called.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5909450 - 07/28/06 04:14 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Inventory Clerk -- I had to work graveyard shift and listen to soft rock while I counted inventory for various different stores, but all-in-all, it wasn't so bad. I managed to pull off the hours by taking a couple capsules of dexedrine before work.

Intern -- I worked for the state water board doing data entry and various other tasks around the office. It was a pretty chill job with pretty good pay, but I didn't really relate to my co-workers very well. My boss fired me for some bullshit reason. It was later discovered that she was a sexist bitch who fired every male that worked for her.

Ride Operator -- I worked at a family amusement park operating rides and making minimum wage. I worked there during the summer while going to college. I got along great with some of my co-workers for a while, but each year I came back, there would be different people working there. By the time I finished college, I figured I was too old to back again.

Janitor -- My current job. I really need to find something else. It fucking sucks.

There are a couple other things that weren't really jobs that I put on my resume anyway to look more important.

--------------------

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #5909460 - 07/28/06 04:16 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I work at a nursery.. and have for more than 6 years.. really the only job I've ever had. Well it's flexible enough where I can come and go throughout the year, and I like driving a golf cart around.

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5909462 - 07/28/06 04:17 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

fluffer

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: goobler]
    #5909464 - 07/28/06 04:18 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

nice

OfflineSamuel
u-knit-e
Female User Gallery

Loc: In the hearts of the A-Te...
    #5909472 - 07/28/06 04:21 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Page at local library - put books away, not bad, gave me headaches
Burger King - Loved it, but quit because I needed more money
CVS - Photo Tech, then Photo Supervisor, then District Photo supervisor... Yeah, corporate America absolutely sucks and I'll never do it again.

I'm now the graphic designer at Classic Elite Yarns. I'm also designing knit and crochet garments freelance which I submit to books and magazines. (see website below) shameless plug...  :tongue2:

--------------------
:heart: :heart:

InvisibleMckennaManiac420
HEIL HOUSELER!
 User Gallery
Loc: Drunk Male Prostitute
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: Silversoul]
    #5909473 - 07/28/06 04:21 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Laborer at a Lumbermill

Market Value Analyst Internship

Real Estate Research Analyst

Commercial Banker

--------------------
:septemberlol:

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: MckennaManiac420]
    #5909661 - 07/28/06 05:52 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Being my Grandmother's helper:  My Grandmother was married to this CEO guy.  They were loaded and she had several horses.  For about two months (during one my summer breaks) I was her "helper" with the horses.  I cleaned their stalls, fed them, etc..  I had to wake up at 7:00 each morning and I fucking hate horses (and they don't seem to like me either).  It was tolerable...but I was kind of glad she didn't ask me back the next summer.

Machine fixer at a bowling alley  SUCKED.  SUCKED.  OH my God it SUCKED.  The pins were held up by little strings that were hooked to a machine.  Sometimes these suspended pins would get tangled and I would have to untangle them.  99% of the time was spent sitting there doing nothing.  That back area was like a time warp...when I was there time went 100 times slower than usual.  The bowlers would get all licquored up and scream at the ball.  The old lady league couldn't even knock the pins down they were so physically weak (I would have to run over and remove the ball because it was stuck in the middle of the pins....because the ball didn't have enough momentum to knock them down).  I didn't go in one day and I didn't notify anybody.  Nobody liked me after that.  I just kind of stopped going.

Grocery store bag-boy:  Fucking sucked the big one.  I hated it and I constantly tried to get away from the front area to go hide in the back.  I would get stoned every day before I went in.  I have newfound respect for bag people when I go through the checkout.  The job is utterly boring, utterly low-paying, and infuriating at times.  What a shit job.

Warehouse worker:  When there was work to be done it sucked.  It was dirty and hot.  But, our supervisor let us slack and play on the internet all day.  We were supposed to be there for eight hours, yet I would come in two hours late and leave two hours early.  The pay was shit but could I complain?  I was getting paid for forty hours a week...and I did practically nothing.  I milked it for as long as possible.

Supervisor at a skateboard factory:  Decent pay.  My first "real" job.  Completely monotonous.  Full of stress.  I quit after several years.

Running my own computer business:  Great pay.  I usually worked from home and it was easy.  I loathe computers though.  I ran my business for two years and then shut it down because I could stand it anymore.

Right now I don't work.  :smile:

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #5909677 - 07/28/06 05:59 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Cutting lawns in my neighborhood

Caddying at a golf course

Working for a concession company at the '96 Olympics in Atlanta

Several retail jobs

Worked at a cafeteria early in my college career

Worked for the county driving a boat around a lake that cut the weeds that grew under the water and brought the weeds up via a ramp to be disposed later.

Office/clerical shit work

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #5909682 - 07/28/06 06:01 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Rather than list them all.. I'll just provide fields.

Accounting (I was an assistant, I have never gone to school for it).

Computer repair/networking.

Programming.

Retail.

Freeloading (can't forget about that one :tongue:)

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: eris]
    #5909692 - 07/28/06 06:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

uhh.. well the only job I've ever really had is ... sorta a locator of exotic ...items

Decent pay.
Decent Hours.
Chilled out and generally a dos :smile:

living life the way it should be :laugh:

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineNashbar
just strange.... on drugs
Male User Gallery
Loc: strawberry field
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: eris]
    #5909693 - 07/28/06 06:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

1. youth soccer coach
2. lifeguard
3. flagman at a construction site
4. moving company
5. engineering lab shit

I've been working at 3M and the University for 5 years or so.

Offlinedrtyfrnk
PresidentialCandidate 2008
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #5909714 - 07/28/06 06:13 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

1. Soccer Coach (Volunteer)
2. A&W - Cook, Cashier, Funny guy - Great experience, funniest times I've ever had at work
3. Tech Support with HP and Compaq Desktop for U.S Support - I fucking hate americans who call up to tech support and don't know where the start button is.  Seriously, if your that stupid, please, feel free to fuck off and read a book about computers.  I met some great friends here, Trendal, I'm looking at you :P
4. Back to A&W after I got laid off from tech support for 3 weeks
5. Start an inbound call center work for capital one this monday (yay :laugh:)

--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
    #5909981 - 07/28/06 08:28 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

All the jobs I've had were in the food service industry. I didn't really plan that out, I wasn't 5 years old and playing with the easy bake oven... :smile: My first job just happened to be in a kitchen. But somehow I grew to love being in a hot-ass restaraunt kitchen all day, feeding folks who don't know how to cook, but sure know how to eat. I have managed to stay out of fast food, and have enough know-how and experience, that I recently got offered a salaried manager position, which is like gold to my high-school-degree ass. Woohoo! A living wage, how great is America that I may finally be able to afford food, shelter, and health insurance all at once!
p.s. this is a good thread, I often wonder what y'all do for a living.

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

InvisibleJiggleThaHandle
LITTLE DOO-DADS FROM THA WOODS

Loc: Carlyle Hotel---ROOM #9
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: ToolTroll]
    #5910062 - 07/28/06 09:00 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Lifeguard

Machine cleaner (I went to school half a day and worked half a day in 11th and 12th grades)

Welder. Got a welding job 2 days after graduating Ohio State with an agricultural, environmental & development economics degree. I've been welding ever since and own a small 67+ acre farm.

Offlinesplifner180
Student
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, East Coast
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: ToolTroll]
    #5910073 - 07/28/06 09:03 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Zoo help, porn store clerk (with booths, natch), network engineer, website design, technology company training dept., more retail than anyone should have to endure, retail store management, theatre counter help, pizza thrower, telemarketer, programmer, auditor, prep cook, grill cook, game machine repair and I volunteered at a homeless shelter for two years.

I'm pretty sure there is a ton of stuff I've forgotten. I'm forever having conversations with people and saying "oh yeah, I've done that [for a living]."

splif

--------------------
First Grow: Ecuador -> LC -> HPoo/Straw -> Monotub
Build a Do-It-Yourself Magnetic Stirrer in thirty minutes with no money.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: JiggleThaHandle]
    #5911377 - 07/29/06 08:10 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JiggleThaHandle said:
Welder. Got a welding job 2 days after graduating Ohio State with an agricultural, environmental & development economics degree. I've been welding ever since and own a small 67+ acre farm.

Welding is where it's at. Every welder I know makes very good money.

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

#5911380 - 07/29/06 08:19 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

My first job was at a bowling alley and it sucked. After that I have done web design, data entry, clerical work, courier, then back to website design and data entry. I can type pretty well so it's relatively easy to find a job for 10-15 bucks an hour.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: Trav]
    #5911382 - 07/29/06 08:23 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yet another bowling alley denizen. I have yet to meet one of our brethren who liked his job.

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5911383 - 07/29/06 08:25 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Shortly after I quit that shitty job, three employees were shot and killed by some crazy intruder. One of the people killed had taken over my position. Lucky me.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #5911384 - 07/29/06 08:27 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Do you ever feel bad for people killed at shitty jobs? Like when some robber comes in and kills several fast food employees or something. All I can think is, "Those kids died for minimum wage."

Offlinehobbitxkillyou
Shark wrestlingchampion

Loc: Pennsylvania
    #5911386 - 07/29/06 08:29 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Dishwasher at a ritzy restraunt - fucking sucked. Rediculous platters that stuck to the plate and a pedophile cook. I was 16 when I had this and quit after 2 weeks.

dogbone maker - not a bad job. Cow bones and whatnot got delivered from butchers and we would smoke. Really dirty, but excellent under the table pay

TARGET employee - 2nd best job ever. I got hired when the store first opened and worked there for three years. Basically I just wandered around the store, trying not to get nabbed by a team lead and given something to do.

gas station/unimart clerk - best job ever. Five minutes away from my house, a bar next door, my good friend works with me, the boss and manager are never around and don't care about anything anyways, and I get to smoke up on the job, often by some of the regulars from the bar. Best part of the job though - I get to see all the vile, disgusting creatures that walk the earth around here, and it encourages me to stay in college, get a good job, and not be a scumbag.

--------------------
When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.

-H. S. Thompson

InvisibleJiggleThaHandle

#5911388 - 07/29/06 08:31 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Quote:

JiggleThaHandle said:

Welding is where it's at. Every welder I know makes very good money.

Ya, I make damn-good cash! ($23.65 an hour, PLUS I get a $450.00 a week "puttin' up with nigger shit" bonus) I COULD-BE making more, but I can't pass a piss test... (Been partyin' since 1978)

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

#5911389 - 07/29/06 08:32 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I don't exactly feel bad for them, just happy it wasn't me. :smile:  I'd hate to be the one who died for chump change.  What was your position at the bowling alley?  I was the idiot cooking all of the bad fried food.  The best thing about it was being able to make a huge meal for myself when no one was around, which was nice even though the food sucked.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: hobbitxkillyou]
    #5911391 - 07/29/06 08:33 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I'm jealous. I've never had a job that I liked.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #5911393 - 07/29/06 08:35 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Trav said:
What was your position at the bowling alley?

I was the machine fixer. I have a description of the job in this thread (back a couple of pages I think).

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

#5911403 - 07/29/06 08:40 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

That sounds bad. Remembering that shitty job makes me thankful I do half the work now, and make way more money.

OfflineCapless
Student
 User Gallery

#5911406 - 07/29/06 08:42 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

First - Grocery Bagger at a place called "Bruno's Supermarket"

Second - Usher/Cashier/Bitch at Regal Cenimas

Third - Stocker & Meat Department Bitch at Target

All equally fun jobs. I met a lot of friends at each of them. However I'm jobless now and I'll stay that way through a good bit of my early college life. Its boring without a job, and look where you end up. Growing psychodellic mushrooms. Sheesh! The way the world turns, eh?

--------------------
http://www.toolband.com/
"... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember, We are eternal.
all this pain is an illusion...."

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: Capless]
    #5911409 - 07/29/06 08:43 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Not such a bad place to end up.  :cool:

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: Capless]
    #5911416 - 07/29/06 08:48 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

1. Paperboy and other odd jobs when I was a kid.
2. Ball shagger (county paying job my grandfather got me when i was in my early teens, just getting softballs that went over the fence, good money for the little amount of work involved)
3. Cart pusher at Wal-Mart
4. Self employed salesman

Currently unemployed... not the best resume. :lol:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #5911680 - 07/29/06 10:53 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

lets see:

video store clerk
grocery checker
bookstore clerk
smoothie maker
drug dealer
car stereo installer
computer fix-it guy
headshop guy
research assistant
mushroom cultivator
rave promoter/organizer
construction/waste management (fuhgetaboutit)
Home theater installer
spiritual guru

InvisibleDrunkenCowgirl
Don't Fear theReaper

Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: DoctorJ]
    #5911785 - 07/29/06 11:33 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

-Mikasa
Cashier and stock help
-Shoprite
Cashier
-Drug Fair
Cashier
-Cumberland Farms
convience store clerk
-Little Cherubs
Teacher(2 year olds)
-Dog Ease
Dog Daycare
-United Credit
Head of the Contract Verification Dept./Admin Asst.

Currently Unemployed

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: DoctorJ]
    #5911786 - 07/29/06 11:33 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Druggie
Clam Digger
Druggie
Oyster Bagger
Druggie

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: ClammyJoe]
    #5911915 - 07/29/06 12:29 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

paperboy, what ten year old needs a job?
grocery store bag boy, entertaining for a high school kid.
order selector at a grocery warehouse, sucked, lasted 3 months.
serviceman, didn't mind this for a short time, lasted 3 months.
meat packer, fuck that.
carpender, don't touch concrete, rewarding, self employment oppurtunities everywhere, not bad
steel erection specialist, tanking and roofing 60-`05 steel tanks, 84 hours a week, giant checks, back breaking labor at times, comepletely miserable work, but hey I get away with working 6 months a year so why not? This job funded a 1400 mile hike and is funding my escape to Vercruz, Mexico

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: Adom]
    #5911930 - 07/29/06 12:37 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

That sounds cool. I like the idea of working a bunch and getting it over with and then having a ton of free time off.

InvisibleJiggleThaHandle

Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: Adom]
    #5911976 - 07/29/06 12:56 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Adom said:
but hey I get away with working 6 months a year so why not? This job funded a 1400 mile hike and is funding my escape to Vercruz, Mexico

That's a great deal!! I get 3 month's off myself, and have been going down to Tapachula Mexico every year since 1984. (I only missed one year!)

Offlinetrunksan
PsyChicken
Male

Loc: UK, Hellas
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: JiggleThaHandle]
    #5912122 - 07/29/06 01:46 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

15-17 years old:
Parking lot of a racing circuit - was good because I could watch the races for free but I was under the sun for many hours. Only weekends

Summer before college:
Mcdonald's, hated it.

Second year/second semester at college:
International Call centre operator - Best job I ever had, since I speak Italian, Spanish and Greek fluently as well as some French they couldn't fire me (difficult to find a single person speak so many languages) so I could work at my own pace and not give a fuck.

Internship:
Field Force support for Renault/Nissan parts marketing dept - A lot of database and excel work but by the end of the year I had everything automated so I spent most of the day online. Pay was ok but I had a lot of expenses since I lived alone, so didn't really get to enjoy the money I earnt.

After college:
Black Berret/Tank driver (Compulsory military service.... I'm not American as you can see). A whole year wasted, only slept, kept guard and carried out maintainance to the vehicles, no money, lost my GF, lost contact with a lot of my friends. While I was there I didn't really notice my changing but when I finished I was full of phobias and deperession. I had almost lost my ability to live outside a military base. Now tryiing to get past all this shit that I picked up in there

Imports manager for a furniture manufacturer - HUUUUUGE responsibility for little pay. Quit after 3 months.

Freelance Web/Graphics designer - Still on going

Currently: Receptionist for a hotel at Paros Island/Greece. Working Holidays in the Greek islands so I could sort my head out.

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: trunksan]
    #5912141 - 07/29/06 01:55 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I was an assembly line worker at a plant that puts together miscellaneous shit. This place hired ANYONE, so my fellow co workers were either retarded, drunk, or needing a fix of meth. It the most boring job in existance.

Computer assistant, fuckin' a, free progs and occasionally a LAN party.

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: Wasteland]
    #6008260 - 08/29/06 01:16 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Busboy at fancy restaurant - free food, cool people, bitch boss

Walmartian - mixed chemicals in back supplies room, avoided management, free merchandise

Airport - airfield maintenance supervisor - security,landscaping, driving big tractors all day long while high, brought pillow and slept on the early morning shift, never any managers around as i was after hours staff, i love this job

Post production house, film/tv - internship - cool place, cool people

Ad agency, video producer - worlds biggest asshole boss, cut my teeth on all things video, good experience, not great pay

Large TV Station - Great pay, good people, good environment

Freelance video editor/videographer/business owner - set my own hours, own rate of pay, vacations when i want. beautiful.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #6009015 - 08/29/06 04:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

-flower shop boy- shitty pay, child labor
-exploritorium explainer- best job ever but very few work days nd low pay. but i got to learn alot and got to ply with kids and what not. also the explloritorium is a great place that i have loved since childhood.
-nursery work- lots of work, lots of dirt, lots of lifting. super shity pay but i got to water plants all day and listen to music. very meditative.
-sewer plant- my current gig. great pay, smells, also all i do is paint usualy. and sometimes the fumes make it not worth it.
but im gonna keep this job till i can save u to move to oregon and explore a bit.

all i really wanna do is --> :jamming:

--------------------

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: notapillow]
    #6009028 - 08/29/06 04:55 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Subway
McDonalds
Blockbuster
Produce Dept. in Grocery Store

Offlinederyl
Stranger
Male

Loc: Uncle Tom's
    #6009156 - 08/29/06 05:35 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

15 - tour guide at ruby falls lookout mountain, tn. could have made great money in tips if i actually gave a shit about my job. boss dicked me over on hours and i was too inexperienced to notice. usually made around $100 a week for very minimal work which I immediately spent on weed. worked for a summer then went to the beach with my friend for a week and never went back.

16-Blimpie subs, minimum wage, great co-workers, in the heart of the ghetto so I met some interesting characters. worked for a summer then left.

17-kitchen worker. made salads, cleaned floors, got stuff for the cooks, excellent job. five hours a day from 4:30 pm to 9:30 for minimum wage but I didn't care. i could come in hung over as balls and none of the cooks gave a shit as long as I could somewhat accomplish tasks. I was the only white guy in a kitchen full of very large black men, all of which had served lengthy jail sentences for one thing or another, got to listen to rick james all day.

18-waiter in the same restaurant, incredible job, extremely easy. hung out with the cooks and crazy old women all day. same hours as before, good pay, soul slowly started to decay had to quit after six months.

after that was construction, best job to date. very hard but great pay under the table ($10 an hour) very laid back crew was working for a friends dad doing unskilled labor basically digging ditches and knocking down walls with sledge hammers. the only job I had every worked where I actually saved money, enough infarct to sustain my lifestyle for my first semester of college.

now I'm in school, being a broke ass college kid.

Offlinethe_who
(not the band)

Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: Newbie]
    #6009172 - 08/29/06 05:40 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I don't wanna work, so I just bang on the drum all day.  Works out fine until you get hungry :shrug:

Invisiblegema
Freedom from the Known

Loc: t(here)
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: the_who]
    #6009263 - 08/29/06 06:10 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

mowed lawns pre-teens
busboy
kitchen aide at convolenscent center
copycenter monkey @ school
shipping & receiving robot @ spiritual bookstore
roofer
menards - building materials dept.
pre-press production assistant
fed ex slave
factory worker
------
graphic designer @ ad agency -- now
plus freelance on the side

OfflineBowers
Bobba Ganoosh
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CA
    #6009287 - 08/29/06 06:16 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Newspaper delivery (was ok, used to blaze on the way then sit in the near by ditch and rebeliously smoke haha)

Hotel Gift Shop attendant - very few hours, but I used to score free ciggarettes, and other cheap junk)

Baby Sitting - not for me! The two boys would just fight over the computer and want to watch Pokimon all the time

Black's Photography - got the job through co-op in HS, loved the job, HATED the cunt of a boss (and 2 weeks after I quit, so did she, BITCH. haha)

Y.A. Canada - a mail in rebate centre (first full time job) easy but horribly boring

Walmart (Photo Lab Technician) - currently working there, I love the concept of the job, but people that go to walmart expect to get free shit all the time, its bull shit.

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: Bowers]
    #6010967 - 08/30/06 07:59 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Overnight stocking/Target - Quit after one day

Overnight cashiering/stocking - Quit after a few months

For overnight jobs, both paid no more than $8.

Cashiering - 7 months. Pay was terrible.

Bus boy at a diner, not a large food chain - Terrible job, but alright boss and co-workers.

Now I work as a server. I don't know why I take jobs like this when I hate people. I'm going to apply at a hotel soon to avoid people.

Offlinecappincrunk
Male
Loc: A Geographical oddity
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: bukkake]
    #6011078 - 08/30/06 09:07 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

usher for movie theater- 9 month
chef at beef o bradys- 3 months
administrative work at roofing company- 6 months
currently working for DOT setting up lane closures... very easy job with great pay.

--------------------
To derive one's happiness from only specific moments in time is to miss out on the cosmic accident that is all of life's moments

OfflineDarkflame
I'm a cat.
Male

Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: cappincrunk]
    #6011113 - 08/30/06 09:31 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Is it a co-incidence that nearly everyone here does either manual work, something that they consider easy money or nothing at all?

I don't see many high-flying business people here. Maybe they are all on the DMT sites.

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: Darkflame]
    #6011152 - 08/30/06 09:56 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

1) Arbies- shitty boss
2)Dairy Queen-awesome, all the free food I wanted
3)toppers pizza-awesome, all the free pizza I wanted, plus no boss
4)Mc D's-not to bad

The funny thing is, I had all these jobs through high school, and they were all on the same street, all a 2 minute walk with in each other. Which was pretty close to my house.

Now I am a computer guy, learning how to code in Java and getting paid decent for it! It's my dad's buddies company. www.forexmaster.com is our website.

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #6011162 - 08/30/06 10:01 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Target (This was when I wrecked my dad's jeep and I was forced to get a job.
Scolaris where I got pissed off and walked out.
Starbucks
Hydroturf
Red Lobster
Gordon's photo service
luxury landscaping
superspace self storage
fired and unemployed (current)

Invisibleroad406
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: Maverick]
    #6011170 - 08/30/06 10:03 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

camera shop...
macaroni grill pantry chef....
gnc sales associate...
used book sales...
brookstone...
potbellys...
costco handing out food samples...oh yea good stuff free food all day

currently a personal trainer and part time vitamin shoppe employee

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #6011206 - 08/30/06 10:22 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Hmmm... I have had a lot of jobs...  :smile:

Worked as a librarian (my high school job while others were flippin' burgers)
Worked as a lifeguard and swim instructor  (another high school job)
Worked as a machinist in a machine shop  (one semester, freshman year)
Worked as a computer room baby-sitter  (one semester, freshman year)
Worked as a research assistant (project for McDonald Douglas)
Worked as a research assistant (projects for DoD, explosives research)
Worked as a research assistant (project for NASA, hypersonic CFD)
Worked as a research assistant designing ASICs and PCB layout
Worked as a research assistant (project for BP, renewable energy)
Worked briefly as a lab tech (biological sciences, horrid job)
Worked for a gov agency (involved with GeoTIFF, SDTS, DEMs, and DRG validation)
Worked for myself writing educational software
Worked as a consultant for Compaq, HP, Apple, IBM, and Fujitsu (over the years)
A few others as well...  :wink:

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #6011270 - 08/30/06 10:41 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

paperboy - from the time I was 10 til I was 14.

Gas Station - full service (old school type)... from the time I was 14 til I was 16.

Autobody Repair apprentice - from the time I was 16 til I was 20.

Boeing - Payroll computer operator. 1 year. Quit because my female boss was sexually harassing me...no shit!~

U. S. Navy - Seal...6 years active duty and 10 years in the Reserve.

Was offered jobs by the Secret Service, CIA, US Marshall, DEA, FBI... after getting out of the Military.
I had no desire to work for any of those fuckers!~
:smirk:

Worked as a body guard for 1 year...it was ok.

Went to a tech school and learned home heating, boiler repair and water heater repair.

Was a home heating repair man for 2 years...it was soso.

Was offered a job with a new Seattle Boiler Company that was just getting started...
accepted the job...was the 3rd person hired.
The Company grew over the years and I was promoted several times.
I worked there for 11 years...love it!~
Company wents belly up...the owner was screwing the US Navy on change orders on ship repairs.
Fucker screwed himself and about 60 employees...right out of business.
:frown:

Was offered a job with the CIA again...
turned them down.

I was a Garbage man for 14 months...good pay, hard work.
Broke my hand on the job...stoping a large tote can from hitting a car.
Wasn't allowed to return to work after my hand healed...
I sued the company!~
Recieved a large settlement.
:smile:

About 6 months after my injury...My mother became terminal with Cancer.
So I took care of her...and allowed her to die at home rather than in a Nursing Home.
Her last words were..."Your a good son...I was lucky to have you".
I was depressed for 3 years after her death...and didn't do anything.
I was left a large Trust Fund and the family house...so I didn't have to work.
I sold my own home that I had lived in before taking care of my mother...
and lived off that for many years so that I wouldn't deplete my Trust Fund.

I had a heart attack 3 years ago...
and I have been working on getting in better health ever since.
The past 3 months have been wonderful...I really feel much better now.
I have lost about 30 pounds in the last few months.
I have about 15 to 20 more pounds to go.

I plan on going back to work at the end of this month...
I was offered a management position at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard.
So I will be able to use all my Military time towards Retirement and Vacation time.

and the pay is pretty damn good!~
:grin:

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisiblegema
Freedom from the Known

Loc: t(here)
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: Roadkill]
    #6011302 - 08/30/06 10:54 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

What kind of work were you going to do for the CIA?

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: List the jobs you've had [Re: gema]
    #6011335 - 08/30/06 11:14 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gema said:

What kind of work were you going to do for the CIA?

down and dirty type...
considering what I did when I was in the Military.

One of my friends became a CIA operative...
he was always going into 3rd world countries as an American Businessman.
His cover was to start up small malls in these countries as a cover.
His last assignment was in Tonga...he disapeared.
That was several years ago.
He either was killed...or he left the company and went to Australia to be with his girlfriend.

He had told me that the King of Tonga had killed several people...
for his own birthday the year before he disappeared.

I had no desire to live my life doing things that I didn't believe in.

Main reasons why I didn't join the Secret Service...

There is no way that I would have joined the Secret Service and give my life up for a fucking President or Government Offical that I probably wouldn't believe in.

I didn't want to move to the East Coast.

My Father was dissapointed in me for turning it down...
but I was always a dissapointment to my Father!~

Main reasons that I didn't accept the other Government jobs...

I didn't want to bust anyone for drugs...plain and simple.
I don't believe that drugs should be a crime.
If someone has a drug problem...don't send them to jail!~
Send them to Treatment!~

I really didn't want to be in any kind of cop line of work either.

I've never liked cops per say!~

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order