Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSmokenBabyJesus
Smoker of Religious Figures

Loc: Maryland
Smoking Angel's Trumpet
    #5880909 - 07/20/06 10:27 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I was looking for any information on smoking Angel's Trumpet.. the other day I ate a 65 gram extract of Peruvian Torch, While I was sitting outside looking at plants I became fixed on the Angel's Trumpet I'm growing and I started to get a very happy and good feeling about the plant and I realized I just love having it around because it makes me question reality... anyways.. I just fell in love with it during my trip and I was just looking for info on smoking it.

--------------------
"Where?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoking Angel's Trumpet [Re: SmokenBabyJesus]
    #5881016 - 07/20/06 11:03 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

During ancient times, Jimsonweed had many uses in folk medicines. In Europe it was used to treat mania, epilepsy, and certain psychoses. In more recent times it has been used to relieve asthma. Due to the number of people using these powders for thrill seeking purposes, the FDA banished over the counter sales of this product resulting in an
increase in use of the actual plant for recreational purposes. Ingestion of only a few leaves or seeds of Jimsonweed may result in toxicity. The alkaloid toxins in this particular plant may cause anticholinergic poisoning in those who ingest it. In the young plant, scopolamine is the primary toxic substance, and as the plant matures the predominant toxin is hyoscyamine. It is primarily the scopolamine which can cause hallucinations, therefore often making the young plants more toxic.
A person exposed to Jimsonweed may experience headache, thirst, nausea, tachycardia, hypertension, cardiac arhythmias, urinary
retention, fever, hallucinations, and coma. Symptoms usually begin within 15 minutes to several hours after ingestion. Ingestion of this
weed in tea form or by smoking the leaves or seeds may result in a
more rapid onset of symtoms. Within 1 - 2 days, symptoms usually resolve but have been known to last up to 2 weeks with severe
overdoses. At times a person exposed to Jimsonweed may alternate between hallucinating and a somnolent state.

Plants that contain the tropane alkaloids atropine, scopolamine, and hyoscyamine include the following:

Datura species (jimson weed, angel's trumpet, thorn apple)

Edited by BiG_StroOnZ (07/20/06 11:05 AM)

Offlinesunchaser
look at thebirds!
Male
Loc: tallahassee
Re: Smoking Angel's Trumpet [Re: BiG_StroOnZ]
    #5881153 - 07/20/06 11:49 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

bad idea, but if you use exactly enough yoll be fine , a little too much, well yor screwed

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Smoking Angel's Trumpet [Re: sunchaser]
    #5881273 - 07/20/06 12:30 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

You guys are exaggerating.
It is fine to smoke Datura/Brugmansia species as long as you follow this simple rule of thumb:
"NEVER smoke more than 2 leaves within a 24 hour period!" (you could actually smoke more without any toxic/delusional effects, but just to be safe...)

If you are looking to trip, then DO NOT use Datura to attempt that goal. Datura is to be smoked for meditation, or in combination with other drugs for increased/more pleasant effects (alcohol, Cannabis, tobacco, and other smokables are good for mixing).

OfflineMorphMan
δSλ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Smoking Angel's Trumpet [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #5881408 - 07/20/06 01:23 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

So Datura is a poison or toxin? Can it kill you if you smoke too many leaves within a 24 hr period?

--------------------

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: Smoking Angel's Trumpet [Re: MorphMan]
    #5881546 - 07/20/06 02:11 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

yes.

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Smoking Angel's Trumpet [Re: SmokenBabyJesus]
    #5881547 - 07/20/06 02:12 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Make no mistake, She is deadly. Treat her right.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Smoking Angel's Trumpet [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5881568 - 07/20/06 02:21 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

the 2 leaf rule is not accurate. every plant varies in potency. there are plants that half a leaf could kill you, and plants that you could smoke 20 or so and be fine.

i have smoked a good amount of datura. although interesting, over a long enough time line it'll fuck you good.
although i don't know if this is scientifically accurate, it seems like its reverse tolerant. the more often you smoke it the higher you'll get off of less.
this seems like a good thing until one day while you're smoking you wake up and half an hour has gone by and you can't remeber what happened.

around the time i stopped, i stopped because every time i would smoke it i would get the feeling that my brain was on fire. it hurt very very badly mixed with an intense weed-like high.

in the begining it was just a slightly strange feeling though.

i'm really not sure what to say. if you're not going to be un-persuaded from taking it, have a plan going in. know exactly what you want from it and focus on that. if you're doing it just for exploration purposes you may find yourself somewhere you don't want to be.

again, none of this will be instantaneous. it takes a while to get heavy effects.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Smoking Angel's Trumpet [Re: truekimbo2]
    #5882004 - 07/20/06 05:02 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
the 2 leaf rule is not accurate. every plant varies in potency. there are plants that half a leaf could kill you, and plants that you could smoke 20 or so and be fine.

i have smoked a good amount of datura. although interesting, over a long enough time line it'll fuck you good.
although i don't know if this is scientifically accurate, it seems like its reverse tolerant. the more often you smoke it the higher you'll get off of less.
this seems like a good thing until one day while you're smoking you wake up and half an hour has gone by and you can't remeber what happened.

around the time i stopped, i stopped because every time i would smoke it i would get the feeling that my brain was on fire. it hurt very very badly mixed with an intense weed-like high.

in the begining it was just a slightly strange feeling though.

i'm really not sure what to say. if you're not going to be un-persuaded from taking it, have a plan going in. know exactly what you want from it and focus on that. if you're doing it just for exploration purposes you may find yourself somewhere you don't want to be.

again, none of this will be instantaneous. it takes a while to get heavy effects.

of course the 2 leaf rule isn't accurate, but I seriously doubt that Datura leaf, of any potency, could actually kill or cause delusions with 2 leaves (much less half a leaf). But, like they say, the best way to avoid getting STD's (Scary Trips from Datura) is simply to abstain from 'it' all together.
I share your feelings for the tolerance, though, but I wouldn't necessarily call it outright reverse tolerance. Datura is definitely one of those drugs that is hard to recognize at first, but, after using it many times, you can begin to recognize it's effects easily. I also believe that Datura has a build-up effect (you don't have to dose all at once), hence the '24 hours' rule.
I haven't experienced the 'brain fire' yet, care to elaborate?

OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet Earth
Re: Smoking Angel's Trumpet [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #5882032 - 07/20/06 05:11 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

maybe instead of ingesting it, you should enjoy it for being around.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Smoking Angel's Trumpet [Re: Phishe]
    #5882418 - 07/20/06 07:33 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

the brain fire was pretty much exactly like it sounds. i would feel all this energy go up my back and "Set my brain on fire"

terribly painful. music sounded unusually good though, compareable to tripping on a good dose of mush or something. all in all wasn't worth it. i think it was more of a personal effect and not something i would expect other poeple to get.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder