Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGlogli
Stranger
North Ga
    #5789325 - 06/25/06 12:35 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I've read these boards off and on now for a couple of years but never posted. I used to be an avid mush hunter in south alabama but recently moved to north ga. I have heard that the "cubensis line" stops at I-20 but who knows. I was wondering if anyone hunting north of ATL has any luck with cubes and how rare fields are. Im not asking for directions or anything i was just wondering if it would worth my time to look around. Im sure it wont be the garbage bag hauls of old but hey, the fun is in the looking anyways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerazorbladeshoes
Friend
Female
Loc: Californ-eye-aye
Re: North Ga [Re: Glogli]
    #5789452 - 06/25/06 01:54 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Probably not as many cubes, but N. Ga is known for Psilocybe weilii.

http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Hunting/PsilocybeWeilii

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #5789528 - 06/25/06 02:39 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

The line does tend to be south of I-20. Find them north of there is a rare thing, but it does happen. You'd be better off hunting for Ps. weilii. They're more potent and easier to hunt for.

Offlineihaveacow
ilovehumidity

Re: North Ga [Re: Gumby]
    #5789698 - 06/25/06 03:48 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i disagree.
I would say cartersville Georgia is about the line.
I have several fields from Powder Springs GA to Cartersville...

Allthough this season is for sure a dissapointment, im going hunting at about 530 - 6am and i may check i field right over here.

i was lucky and got one find a few weeks ago. cobb county ga.

--------------------
im me on aim... bennettbike

i dont smoke, drink, or abuse drugs, but because i trip spiritually twice a year i got a felony!

OfflineGlogli
Stranger
Re: North Ga [Re: ihaveacow] * 1
    #5790645 - 06/25/06 09:30 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Weilli grow in burmuda grass right? i remember seeing quite a few posts about them but never paid much mind since they werent abundant in my previous region. What types of places have burmuda grass? golf courses maybe? When you say they are easier to hunt for do you mean because they grow in public places such as golf courses? Itd be nice not to have to snoop around suspiciously in fields

InvisibleKerbouchardS
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5790697 - 06/25/06 09:50 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Cubes near Atlanta are rare.

Except the ones you grow with 'Shroom seeds' :smirk:

I have a field up here, but It's too risky.
To find good stuff, head up to SC or down to Florida!

--------------------
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Decides Who's Left."

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: North Ga [Re: Kerbouchard]
    #5791052 - 06/25/06 11:47 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I second ihavacow's opinion. I find several lbs. of cubes in Powder Springs, Cobb in the Summer & Fall.
The 'I-20' theory is a myth.

Offlinesojourner
stranger
Male
Loc: Georgia
Re: North Ga [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #5791500 - 06/26/06 02:40 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I live in the foot hills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and have discovered a large patch of mushrooms producing that mild sedative substance (psyolin or whatever) despite the elevation and latitude. I haven't been able to get a "positive" ID but they are definitely active. Any probability of these producing psilocybin when they are more fully mature?

Offlinesyzygy
transdimensionalmarmot
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ga
Re: North Ga [Re: sojourner]
    #5794924 - 06/27/06 04:46 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I went to 4 fields today around Floyd County NW Ga (~60 miles north of Atlanta) and found nada, despite over 2 inches of rain, mid 80s, and high humidity for the past 2-3 days. Alas, not only didn't I find actives, there just about weren't any fruits about. I don't know if any of the the fields I went to have produced in the past(everybody I toke with seems to know someone who knows a field locally, but nobody actually seems to know for themselves which ones to look in) but after many many totally unsuccessful hunts the last 1.5 months through as many as 6 fields, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that cube hunting this far north into Georgia, especially in a season this dry, is an altogether too time consuming and unrewarding endeavor to reasonably and optimistically pursue; that is unless you know somebody who knows of a rare producing field or unless something drastic happens, like an Opalesque 8 inch downpour or what have you. But what do I know, I haven't even found my first active yet. There's so much build up of expectation from repeated failure now that when I do eventually happen upon that first magic cap I'll prolly have a full body orgasm from delight. Anyway, for the time being I've given up on cubes around here, or at least finding free ones. So in conclusion, I have to agree with Gumby: if in N. Georgia, I would concentrate my efforts on the Weilii mushroom. Since I started reading here last year I've seen way way more N. Ga Weilii finds, some of them massive, than cube finds. I plan to hunt for some Weilii myself when I move back to Athens in the fall, which is when the best flushes are supposed to occur. Good luck to all you N. Georgia shroomers out there.

--------------------
--"Does the Pope shit in the woods?"

Offlinepjshroombear
freedom fighterlover
Female

Loc: North Carolina
Re: North Ga [Re: syzygy]
    #5796335 - 06/27/06 04:36 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I am trying to find out more on the weilii mushrooms. I have been doing some research and trying to look at some pics. Have not found many good ones however. I know lizard king usually has great photos available on different sites on here as well as others...and his photos are outstanding...however again having trouble figuring out what and where to find those paticular ones. I have only found cubes in cow dung around.
pj

Offlinephishhead
down to fragglerock...
 User Gallery

Loc: roswell, georgia
Re: North Ga [Re: pjshroombear]
    #5797623 - 06/27/06 10:43 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

P. Weilii

--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

OfflineLeft
Stranger
Re: North Ga [Re: phishhead]
    #5797774 - 06/27/06 11:26 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

im in the middle of south carolina and i find cubes in pritty good numbers at a few of the fields i frequent two days after the rain and they grow well and im north of there around I 20

InvisibleKerbouchardS
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5797788 - 06/27/06 11:29 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

The first have fruited in GA, yesterday even,
while the rest remain to burst,
It's still dry, it's been dry.( in terms)
However today and tommorw it may just blow open wide.
I've been hitting the hunt in the woods early sunlight,
three days not a sign to keep me moving. Move out is what I did.
With such a long dry spell, this rain may not be as exciting as expected.
It was however perfect, N-ga Cubes, I want some.
Tommorow? Friday? Let's stay updated.

--------------------
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Decides Who's Left."

Offlinepjshroombear
freedom fighterlover
Female

Loc: North Carolina
Re: North Ga [Re: Kerbouchard]
    #5798564 - 06/28/06 07:11 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

phishhead...........
thank you very much for posting those pics. I have seem some pics like them. I am guessing it is part of the process learning now which are the younger ones, older, opened, and which are the ones growing by the or in the bermuda grass obviously and which are growing by the tree they stated it grows under in the pine I read about. Thank you again though and I will keep learning about them.
much appreciated.
PJ

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds