Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
How can smoking vaporized weed taste so bad?
    #5707631 - 06/03/06 02:34 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

First off, I don't smoke vaporized weed, and I know that smoking vaporized weed doesn't get you very stoned (when I got my vaporizer, I wanted to find out what the effects of the high b.p. cannabinoids that get left behind are... turns out to be the groggy and headachy ones)  That's not the point of my question.

What I want to know about is that awful foul taste.  If you've never experienced it, all I can describe it as is inky oily pure evil that coats the inside of your mouth.  I just don't understand it;  vaping weed gets rid of most of the good tasting chemicals, but that can't be the answer, because smoking buds tastes delicious, and no amount of THC could really mask that awful flavor.  Ive thoght about moisture, but that can't explain it, because weed that's dry as dust still tastes fine.  For every mildly reasonable explanation I can come up with, I can come up with a much more reasonable rebuttal.

So any thoughts or explanations, anyone?  How can smoking vaporized weed taste worse than sucking through that last bit of ass from a bowl of normal weed?  :confused: :confused: :confused: (in case it's a regional term, "ass" refers to that stage in smoking a bowl when most smokers will pass it up, because there's no THC left, and it tates like, well, ass)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleC-Dizzle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How can smoking vaporized weed taste so bad? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #5707656 - 06/03/06 02:47 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

smoking vaporized weed gets you jsut as high jsut without all the carbon shit in the smoke, it will emute a blue smoke, it heats up the glands and turns it to smoke without burning it, same jsut safer

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: How can smoking vaporized weed taste so bad? [Re: C-Dizzle]
    #5707679 - 06/03/06 02:56 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

No, I'm not talking about vaporizing weed. That's great. As soon as I pick up a bag, I'm gonna be having a fat vapo-bonghit session (hooking the vaporizer up to a biz-zong).

My question is about smoking the remaining sickass weed after you've vaped it.

Offlinedemon2091tb
Stranger

#5707790 - 06/03/06 03:36 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Why would you want to smoke the left overs after using a vapo, after you've already got the good stuff out of the plant.......your just going to be consuming all of the carcinogins that the vapo left.

No point in using a vapo if you smoke whats left after you smoke it out of a vapo......what a dicotamy. Dosent sound too smart though, if you think about how things actually work.

OfflinePithlit
Stranger in astrange Land
Male

Loc: Germany
Re: How can smoking vaporized weed taste so bad? [Re: demon2091tb]
    #5707888 - 06/03/06 04:05 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Its like eating you own shit.
What do you expect it to taste like? Candy?

InvisibleGratos
Just thinkin anddrinkin
 User Gallery
Re: How can smoking vaporized weed taste so bad? [Re: Pithlit]
    #5707899 - 06/03/06 04:11 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

LOL, good analogy

OfflineThreePieceSuit
disastrophe
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast of Canada
Re: How can smoking vaporized weed taste so bad? [Re: Gratos]
    #5707928 - 06/03/06 04:24 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Or eating the leftovers from mushroom tea. No offense intended, I just don't see a reason why you would.

As for a reason why it tastes so bad, maybe the excessive heat saps everything tasty. All that's left would be chlorophil and carbon, I believe.

There are a lot of people on this forum who could give a better explanation, but the point is, smoking 'vaped weed is pretty useless in all respects apart from damaging your lungs.

:confused:

--------------------
:mafioso:
I'm so lucrative, even my birthday suit is in three pieces.

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: How can smoking vaporized weed taste so bad? [Re: ThreePieceSuit]
    #5708137 - 06/03/06 05:29 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Pretty much all thats leftover is carcinogens and co-carcinogens, and some plant material.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: How can smoking vaporized weed taste so bad? [Re: ClammyJoe]
    #5710362 - 06/04/06 06:55 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Jesus Christ, did not a single person who responded actually read my post? I DO NOT SMOKE THE SHIT (I just smoked it once after getting my vaporizer, in the name of science). A buddy took a hit of it while drunk the other night, and then cried out in drunken confusion, "How the FUCK can it taste that much worse than an ass hit?" That's what inspired this thread.

I don't expect it to taste good, but I'm unable to find any reasonable explanation for why it tastes as bad as it does. It's just completely and utterly beyond comprehension. I was just curious if anyone had an explanation. If you don't think this is a legitmate question, you probably don't understand just how bad it tastes compared to cannabis.

I don't expect it to taste like candy. I don't expect it to taste like THC. I don't expect it to taste good at all. But I DO expect it's flavor to resemble burnt plant matter, which it does not. It tastes like pure undiluted evil.

Y'all don't need to waste time telling me not to smoke it; I thought I made clear that I don't. I'm vaporizing good herb as I write this, and it tastes great.

OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

#5710545 - 06/04/06 09:22 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

If you have a vaporizer. Save the left over buds and sell them! It's a good way to make you're money. I once got a baggy of vaporized shit myself. Would'nt have happend if I had'nt done the trade in public without being able to look at the shit...at least I got my revenge on thAT mofo.

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: How can smoking vaporized weed taste so bad? [Re: Mr_Psilocin]
    #5710575 - 06/04/06 09:40 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

There aren't buds left over when you vaporize. You grind it up, and what your left with after you vape looks like light bone-dry pipe tobacco. It's not even remotely smokeable. Note the above quote, "How can it taste THAT MUCH worse than an ass hit?!"

Incidentally, does anyone happen to know if you can vape opium in an herb vaporizer? I figure it ought to work if I stick it in the middle of some ground up chronic.

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

#5710738 - 06/04/06 11:09 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Actually I once smoked a volcano and the buds looked the same as befor.

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
    #5710751 - 06/04/06 11:20 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

whenever I've vapourized bud (admitedly with my homemade lightbulb vape) its always gone a dry brown colour =/

And I've notice vapourisers always seem to taste like brocolli

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

Re: How can smoking vaporized weed taste so bad? [Re: Cepheus]
    #5710758 - 06/04/06 11:22 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Homemade light bulb vap? How did you make that? Plz tell us man I've been wanting to make one for a while now. Explain to me how to make one..plz

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #5710995 - 06/04/06 12:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mr_Psilocin said:
Actually I once smoked a volcano and the buds looked the same as befor.

Then your friend wasn't loading the volcano properly. Putting in whole buds doesn't give very good surface area, you get a lot more THC out if you grind it up first.

Wish I had money for my own volcano, but Vapor Bros. is not bad.

OfflineMeat_hod
sick shit
Male

#5796942 - 06/27/06 07:23 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i have used the same weed three times, and got high each time..

what i mean is...i first vaporized about half way (in a lightbulb of course), then on another night, i forced more vapor out of it, this is when it was tasting pretty bad, at first, vapour should taste like how your weed smells, but near the end, it starts tasting like burnt cookies (escpecially if you get greedy and start burning it). then on another night, i loaded it all into a pipe, and took some of the harshest hits i've ever taken, sooo horrible. although, it worked. Smoking vaporized weed tends to produce a dirtier high, thats very dissorienting. If your trying to make your weed go further, this is how.

--------------------

OfflineMysteryman23145
Shroom n00b
Loc: North Western Ohio
    #6698296 - 03/22/07 04:54 AM (17 years, 11 days ago)

I'm not sure why it tastes like shit, but it sure as hell does. Does anyone else get really, really harsh hits out of their vape, like it's burning your lungs? I didn't before but the last time I used my vape (last night) the smoke fucking hurt when I inhaled it into my lungs, and it hurt for about 3 minutes afterwards. It's not like it was just hot, it hurt for some other reason. I have a carb and everything. Am I smoking it wrong?

Offlinefungusfun1
DayTripper

Loc: Out There
Re: How can smoking vaporized weed taste so bad? [Re: Mysteryman23145]
    #6698312 - 03/22/07 05:21 AM (17 years, 11 days ago)

pot gets its taste and smell from terpenes, and in the process of vaping the terpenes go as well...so vaped weed tastes like crud, since these terpenes (and every other desirable cannabinoid) are all gone...

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: How can smoking vaporized weed taste so bad? [Re: fungusfun1]
    #6698351 - 03/22/07 05:59 AM (17 years, 10 days ago)

I own a Volcano... :tongue:

We grind up about .5g of good bud, fill the chamber, set it on 6.5 and get 3 or 4 tasty bags of THC vapor. They all taste great, and it's rarely harsh... The harshness comes from the element being too hot, and the vapor gets too thick and may include some smoke. If the first bag is harsh, we just turn it down to 5 or 6.

Once no more vapor comes out (the 4th bag is usually kinda light), we dump the remains into a container we have... It should be brown at this point. That stuff can be "re-vaped" in the future, in case of THC emergency, but it's not very good.

We've never smoked the remaining stuff, just put it through the Volcano again.

Edited by RoosterCogburn (03/22/07 06:04 AM)

Offlinefungusfun1
DayTripper

Loc: Out There
Re: How can smoking vaporized weed taste so bad? [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #6698417 - 03/22/07 06:52 AM (17 years, 10 days ago)

dude the topic is about how the vapo poop tastes when u smoke it...so u need to smoke some of the vaped stuff and let us know what u think, lol...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract