Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleabrad84
Stranger
Male

Man jumped from balcony after taking mushrooms, inquest told
    #5795798 - 06/27/06 12:54 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Some of you may remember this incident. It was the sole cause of mushrooms being made illegal in Ireland. Today the inquest returned a verdict of "Death by misadventure".

Quote:

Man jumped from balcony after taking mushrooms, inquest told
Irish Examiner
A man jumped to his death from a third-floor balcony after consuming magic mushrooms, an inquest heard today.

The distraught parents of Colm Hodkinson said they hoped their campaign against magic mushrooms would save the lives of others.

Close friends of the 33-year-old, who ran a successful dry-cleaning business with his father Eoin, said they grew frantic with worry as he became severely unwell within minutes of taking two to three of the hallucinogenic mushrooms for the first time.

Dublin County Coroner Dr Kieran Geraghty warned there were young people walking the streets possibly considering experimenting with drugs.

“I hope at least one person might hear what I have to say today and hesitate before going down that road,” he said.

The victim’s parents, Eoin and Mary Hodkinson, said immediately after taking the mushrooms their son suffered a drug-induced psychosis, leading to hallucinations and his leap from the building.

His friend Johnny Hayes told the inquest he saw Mr Hodkinson run from his apartment at the Anchorage, Clarence Street, in Dublin’s Dun Laoghaire on October 30, 2005 in an agitated state and leap to his death within a short time after consuming a number of the mushrooms.

“He placed his hands on the rail and vaulted over at full speed,” he said. “I heard him hit the ground below. It made a horrible noise.”

After the jury returned a verdict of death by misadventure, recommending studies be carried out into the potential effects of mind-altering substances, his parents said: “He was one of the most popular people I know, was in excellent physical health, and was a great all round sportsman, with his love of golf, squash, and snooker.

“We believe that without magic mushrooms Colm would be alive today. We hope our campaign will save others.”

The parents said their successful attempt to get Health Minister Mary Harney to change the legislation to ensure the sale of the magic mushrooms was banned had come too late for them.

After Mr Hodkinson became agitated around 15 minutes after taking them, his friends said they brought him up to the balcony for air and then brought him back down.

“Colm was becoming ever more unwell and distressed,” Richard Glavin said, adding they were in a panicked state over Colm’s condition. “Everyone was very concerned… we were contemplating ringing ambulances.”

Mr Glavin said: “The whole incident was like a living nightmare.”

Mr Hayes said: “I am 100 per cent certain it was a direct effect of the magic mushrooms having a detrimental effect on him.”

His friend said Mr Hodkinson had lost track of reality before receiving severe head injuries after leaping from the balcony.“The last three or four minutes were just lunacy,” Mr Hayes said. “It was like something was coming in on him. Whatever was over that balcony was the saviour from what ever was going on in his mind. He was outside of his own consciousness.”

Another friend, Shane O’Reilly said the 33-year-old had told him earlier that week that he was going to buy some magic mushrooms before having friends over on Sunday, October 30, to the apartment he had recently moved into with his girlfriend, Rachel Priest.

The inquest heard they had looked up information on the internet on magic mushrooms.

Mr O’Reilly said they had smoked a number of cannabis joints, and had a small number of beers as around eight friends gathered together watching golf on television, playing card games and Trivial Pursuit.

The inquest heard a small amount of cannabis and alcohol were detected in his system after death.

Another friend told the inquest Mr Hodkinson had bought around six punnets of the mushrooms for €90 from the Hemp Store on Dublin’s Capel Street.

Mr O’Reilly said four people, including Mr Hodkinson, were eating them with crisps to dilute the taste.

“They had less than two boxes between then,” he said, adding Mr Hodkinson had no more than three mushrooms.

Mr Glavin said the deceased had said the people working in the shop had told him the way to consume them.

“It was a very quiet get-together, we were talking and sipping drinks it wasn’t a wild party by any stretch,” Mr Glavin said.

He said he was unaware magic mushrooms were not supposed to be taken with alcohol or other narcotics.

Ms Priest, who was discussing calling an ambulance for her boyfriend, said she believed Mr Hodkinson would just get better after getting physically sick.

A barrister for the Hemp Company Dublin put it to Ms Priest that if they were purchased from the store they would have come with an advice leaflet.

But she said she had not seen any leaflet.

James McDonald, the owner of the Hemp Company Dublin, said staff in its three shops gave advice together with a leaflet to customers if they were taking them for the first time.

He told the inquest a cactus, San Pedro, was being sold in the shop, although it was not currently in stock, which could give similar hallucinogenic effects.

Frances Mahon from the State Laboratory gave details of other cases where people had suffered reactions.

She said studies have shown the adverse effects of consuming the naturally occurring hallucinogenic substance, psilocybin, in the mushrooms can include anxiety, paranoid illusion, disorientation and hallucinations.

Edited by abrad84 (06/27/06 01:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Man jumped from balcony after taking mushrooms, inquest told [Re: abrad84]
    #5795812 - 06/27/06 01:01 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

you forgot the link....

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Invisibleabrad84
Stranger
Male

Re: Man jumped from balcony after taking mushrooms, inquest told [Re: Jim]
    #5795829 - 06/27/06 01:07 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

fixed

InvisibleUnifloo
Ask the left one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Falling up the stairs
    #5795848 - 06/27/06 01:17 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

In a way i'm almost glad that they were banned here. The propaganda, misinformation and plain and utter bullshit that i've heard and read about mushrooms since october has been pathetic.

Today i was reading a well known newspaper (the metro) with the headline somthing along the lines of "Fears over magic-mushroom ban". The first paragraph told how the ban may prove to be useless as magic mushrooms occur naturally from september to december.

Whats next? A campaign to stop sheep and cows shitting in our fields?

By the way it also said that "shroom afficiandos" use internet sites
gather information on growing locations etc. Is that a nod
to the shroomery???

--------------------
--------------------------------------------

OfflineNashbar
just strange.... on drugs
Male User Gallery
Loc: strawberry field
Re: Man jumped from balcony after taking mushrooms, inquest told [Re: Unifloo]
    #5796603 - 06/27/06 05:59 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

what's next?

fucking helicopters and crop-dusters spraying fungicide EVERYWHERE

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Man jumped from balcony after taking mushrooms, inquest told [Re: Nashbar]
    #5796718 - 06/27/06 06:24 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Why would he jump from the balcony?

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Man jumped from balcony after taking mushrooms, inquest told [Re: downforpot]
    #5797354 - 06/27/06 09:26 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

downforpot said:
Why would he jump from the balcony?

It's all a matter of what demons he took into the trip with him. I firmly believe that bad trips come from personal issues, or, from disturbing circumstances at the time of the trip.

If things were as they say, all nice and cozy with just a few friends, then I'm left to believe that this guy had some thoughts lurking around in his mind that he wasn't ready to handle.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinemeatloaf
 User Gallery

Re: Man jumped from balcony after taking mushrooms, inquest told [Re: Ekstaza]
    #5797869 - 06/27/06 11:50 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I just think its funny that everyone blames the drugs/alcohol when it is neither its actually the person. I mean im really sorry this guy died but he should have did a little more research and seen how to handle it. I doubt he was looking on shroomery if he was he would have had a better trip. there are plenty of posts and guides on how to have a good trip. everyone knows you can have a good time drinking but when your depressed or anything it can be bad too, Same with mushrooms.

Invisibleabrad84
Stranger
Male

Re: Man jumped from balcony after taking mushrooms, inquest told [Re: meatloaf]
    #5798435 - 06/28/06 04:52 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

meatloaf said:
he should have did a little more research and seen how to handle it. I doubt he was looking on shroomery if he was he would have had a better trip.

That's a little naive imo. He supposedly did register on some forums to find information on mushrooms. Anyway bad trips happen regardless of the amount of research done,even the most knowledgable people here could have a bad trip.

OfflineBlalron
Stranger
    #5798437 - 06/28/06 04:55 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

It really bothers me that one man who has a bad experience can ruin things for thousands of other people who have had positive experiences with psychedelics. The lawmakers don't seem to take that into account AT ALL.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Man jumped from balcony after taking mushrooms, inquest told [Re: Blalron] * 1
    #5798444 - 06/28/06 05:01 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Lawmakers are entirely unconcerned with the fact that there are some responsible people who may fall victim to their legislation. The world has decided to be safe rather than to be free.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleUnifloo
Ask the left one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Falling up the stairs
Re: Man jumped from balcony after taking mushrooms, inquest told [Re: Ekstaza]
    #5799518 - 06/28/06 02:06 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

That change in law forced me to take a long depressing look at democracy. For the first time in my life i was denied something which i had enjoyed and had treated with respect. The government might as well have grabbed the last caps out of my hand.

The Irish minister for health was praised after introducing the ban.
I'm not entirely sure how long shrooms were legal in Ireland but
it boggles the mind that the minister should get any kind of postive
feeback for introducing the ban after a man had died.

Thats just politics i supose. Personally i think that the
population should have the choice of what they put in their bodies.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------

OfflineMushroomStone
Stranger
Loc: CA
Re: Man jumped from balcony after taking mushrooms, inquest told [Re: Unifloo] * 1
    #5804369 - 06/29/06 07:18 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry this is so long but I think some things despertley need to be said. IF YOU AREN’T SO ABSOLUTELY READY TO EAT MUSHROOMS THAT YOU ARE BEAMING WITH EXCITEMENT AND ANTICIPATION THEN DON’T DO IT! Inexperienced overenthusiastic trippers, an uneducated society, and a lack of easy to locate information about the real effects of psychedelics are what caused this death, not mushrooms.  He made the decision to take them, and it was him that freaked out. People are going to take mushrooms anyway, that’s a fact. If we want to put an end to panic reactions it doesn’t make sense to force mushrooms further underground where they can become dangerous, but to show people how to safely use mushrooms to improve their lives. Someone’s experience is hardly a result of mushrooms, it’s a result of their mental set, maturity, spirituality, physical setting, and mental stability.  If you properly prepare and give the mushrooms the respect they deserve you will never feel out of control. If you’re someone who can't handle an overwhelming ego dissolving experience without freaking out then just stay away from psychedelics. I’m guessing this guy probably had no idea what he was in for.

“He was one of the most popular people I know, was in excellent physical health, and was a great all round sportsman, with his love of golf, squash, and snooker.

If you go with the feeling, the better it gets, ALWAYS, but if you fight it, the worse it gets ALWAYS. It's all in the mind. If losing control over your body and being taken over by a mystical force scares you, it will be a scary experience, but if you decide not to judge the feeling as dangerous and just feel the incredible high of being at one with a higher force it will be an awesome experience. This should be common knowledge;  it would end bad trips altogether. You will always be pleased with psychedelics if you prepare properly, become an expert on your hallucinogen of choice, and give the mushrooms the respect they deserve.  In fact, I'm very pleased to tell you that the very most knowledgeable space cowboys not only never have bad trips, they’re always at a state of inner bliss. Satori enlightenment is very real. I ate one hundred and eight grams of psilocybe cyanescens once and had the time of my life, without any negative consequence. I know that it improved and expanded my mental capabilities beyond explanation. I now see the world in a more beautiful way than I could’ve ever imagined it before. Everything is beautiful, everything is infinite, and no one can only fully understand that, at least the way I do, until they are completely slain with psychedelics.  I've been past the outskirts of infinity, and take it from me, the high only gets better. I’ve inhaled more than my share of high powered LSD, mescaline, psilocybin, and THC; and before those experiences in excess I had no idea that just existing could become that surrealistically beautiful. Jim Morrison, Carlos Santana, Owsley Stanley, Jerry Garcia, Allen Ginsberg, Dr. Timothy Leary, Dr. Albert Hoffman, Dr. R. Gordon Wasson, Richard Alpert, Nicholas Bercel, Dr. Stanislav Grof, Dr Oscar Janigar, Al Hubbard, Abbie Hoffman, Aldous Huxley, M.C. Escher, Paul Mcartney, John Lennon, Frank Zappa, Jimmy Page, Charlie Mingus, Ram Das, Ralph Metzner, Jimi Hendrix, countless underground artists, musicians, hippies, beatniks, and hundreds of thousands of Native American and Mesoamerican shaman all consumed a lot more psilocybin, mescaline, or LSD than most of us will ever even have the opportunity to. The psychedelic movement of the sixties woke up some of the most brilliant minds this world has ever seen. It began our now established concern with personal growth and equality; it made the sheer power of love beautifully evident. So many think they have psychedelics completely figured out after experiencing or hearing about a single unfortunate, but preventable, event. People who spread their own false naive conclusions and manufactured mis-information about psychedelics are the only reason they are still misunderstood, potentially dangerous, and illegal. This will only result in panic reactions, and unsafe situations. You can get it all wrong and still think that your right. Why completely discredit any positive life changing potential that these entheogens posses because of some peoples inability to go with the flow? If do go with the flow these entheogens carry the most beautiful, spiritual, and important message that can be grasped by the astounding human imagination, that you, all the universe, and all life is divine. We are all divine, we are our own great creators. Of course, sadly, the demons in our world abuse their divinity by creating a sort of "hell on earth" for themselves and others to live in. By logging, polluting, creating war, beginning separatist and competitive ideals, and absolutely raping our environment for nothing more than short term economical interests we are building an unnecessary hell for ourselves. I have a fearful suspicion that the reason for this prohibition is much more sinister than a simple misunderstanding. Sure the masses misunderstand psychedelics, but does the government? Maybe they know psychedelics will dismantle this competitive, fear based, rat race so many get lost in. Maybe they know it will destroy their money machine. Maybe they know it will dismantle our feeling of corporate ownership over our injured planet. Maybe they know it will wake people up and give them a new perspective on this over controlling, intrusive, competitive, greedy, arrogant, production based conservative society. Heaven is right here too, why cant the others see the Garden of Eden that some of us can? Why was it only perfect for that fantastic one week in the summer of 1967? Where is that universal sense of evolutionary energy that some of us could taste? We were winning, our love and beaming creative energy were simply overcoming the forces old and evil. So why are these drugs still illegal and misunderstood? Maybe psychedelia gave our society all it could handle before rolling back into the cosmos to await return at the opportune moment? What happened to the wave of higher consciousness we were riding? Heroin, speed, cocaine, alcohol, and meth happened. The definition of drug is so wide that two completely opposite substances, such as magic mushrooms and meth, or LSD and heroin are viewed as the same thing, just a drug, which is absolutely ridiculous. A speedy drug compared to a psychedelic is like a catapult compared to a luxury jet. The catapult will give you a wild ride but it's nothing but an unintelligent dangerous thrill with obvious consequences, while the luxury jet will safely take you somewhere educational and new. The only similarity between the catapult and the jet lies in both the devises ability to move people or through open space.    I've taken acid, mushrooms and mescaline hundreds of times and it is true that I do feel very different now, I enjoy life more than I ever thought possible.  I am an accomplished poet, musician, and artist. Entheogens act as my sacred inspiration. All we can offer this world is the wisdom we take back with us from our journeys to the end of the universe. If you fully let go of any conceivable limits and release control you can become one with all the energy of life, the other side, the force, the cosmic dimension. You will see that your brain is god, the great creator of everything. You are everywhere and nowhere, beautiful and ugly, nothing and everything. It's all in the mind. Cops are criminals, sinners are saints, heads is tails, everything is the same. It is all energy. Your brain is a machine that can interpret the cosmic energy world an infinity of different ways, creating your reality. You are much more than a physical body with a brain, however. You are the energy that occupies a physical body, but you are not the body. You are the life inside your body. You are a spark of energy exploring a human mind. You will exist long after this physical body is gone. You are the energy inside it. Energy never dies, it just returns home. When the body dies it's energy goes back where it came from, to the other side, where everything exists as one. The children will all live forever in a paradise of unreal pleasure. The dream is never done, all energy exists as one.
It hardly matters weather we are understood or not because we know that were right, our energy is more real than anything else on the earth.  One who spreads the message of enlightenment should not be persecuted. There’s no logical reason for mushrooms to be illegal whatsoever.

“We believe that without magic mushrooms Colm would be alive today. We hope our campaign will save others.”

That is funny because none of us would even be alive today without “magic mushrooms.” Many highly esteemed anthropologist now entirely credit the evolution of our intelligence on the use of psychedelic plants among our ancestors. :mushroom2: :bigblunt: :grin:

Offlinerubixcubensis
Stranger
    #15967174 - 03/19/12 12:29 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

he was clearly just sketching out, his friends should have calmed him down, not taken him up to a fucking balcony. i understand his parents are upset and looking to place the blame anywhere but the stupid actions of their son, but the typical knee-jerk reaction will help no-one.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Man jumped from balcony after taking mushrooms, inquest told [Re: rubixcubensis]
    #15967488 - 03/19/12 01:58 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

You bumped a 6 year old thread for that?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Man jumped from balcony after taking mushrooms, inquest told [Re: MushroomStone]
    #15968937 - 03/19/12 07:38 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

MushroomStone said:
Sorry this is so long but I think some things despertley need to be said. IF YOU AREN’T SO ABSOLUTELY READY TO EAT MUSHROOMS THAT YOU ARE BEAMING WITH EXCITEMENT AND ANTICIPATION THEN DON’T DO IT! Inexperienced overenthusiastic trippers, an uneducated society, and a lack of easy to locate information about the real effects of psychedelics are what caused this death, not mushrooms.  He made the decision to take them, and it was him that freaked out. People are going to take mushrooms anyway, that’s a fact. If we want to put an end to panic reactions it doesn’t make sense to force mushrooms further underground where they can become dangerous, but to show people how to safely use mushrooms to improve their lives. Someone’s experience is hardly a result of mushrooms, it’s a result of their mental set, maturity, spirituality, physical setting, and mental stability.  If you properly prepare and give the mushrooms the respect they deserve you will never feel out of control. If you’re someone who can't handle an overwhelming ego dissolving experience without freaking out then just stay away from psychedelics. I’m guessing this guy probably had no idea what he was in for.

“He was one of the most popular people I know, was in excellent physical health, and was a great all round sportsman, with his love of golf, squash, and snooker.

If you go with the feeling, the better it gets, ALWAYS, but if you fight it, the worse it gets ALWAYS. It's all in the mind. If losing control over your body and being taken over by a mystical force scares you, it will be a scary experience, but if you decide not to judge the feeling as dangerous and just feel the incredible high of being at one with a higher force it will be an awesome experience. This should be common knowledge;  it would end bad trips altogether. You will always be pleased with psychedelics if you prepare properly, become an expert on your hallucinogen of choice, and give the mushrooms the respect they deserve.  In fact, I'm very pleased to tell you that the very most knowledgeable space cowboys not only never have bad trips, they’re always at a state of inner bliss. Satori enlightenment is very real. I ate one hundred and eight grams of psilocybe cyanescens once and had the time of my life, without any negative consequence. I know that it improved and expanded my mental capabilities beyond explanation. I now see the world in a more beautiful way than I could’ve ever imagined it before. Everything is beautiful, everything is infinite, and no one can only fully understand that, at least the way I do, until they are completely slain with psychedelics.  I've been past the outskirts of infinity, and take it from me, the high only gets better. I’ve inhaled more than my share of high powered LSD, mescaline, psilocybin, and THC; and before those experiences in excess I had no idea that just existing could become that surrealistically beautiful. Jim Morrison, Carlos Santana, Owsley Stanley, Jerry Garcia, Allen Ginsberg, Dr. Timothy Leary, Dr. Albert Hoffman, Dr. R. Gordon Wasson, Richard Alpert, Nicholas Bercel, Dr. Stanislav Grof, Dr Oscar Janigar, Al Hubbard, Abbie Hoffman, Aldous Huxley, M.C. Escher, Paul Mcartney, John Lennon, Frank Zappa, Jimmy Page, Charlie Mingus, Ram Das, Ralph Metzner, Jimi Hendrix, countless underground artists, musicians, hippies, beatniks, and hundreds of thousands of Native American and Mesoamerican shaman all consumed a lot more psilocybin, mescaline, or LSD than most of us will ever even have the opportunity to. The psychedelic movement of the sixties woke up some of the most brilliant minds this world has ever seen. It began our now established concern with personal growth and equality; it made the sheer power of love beautifully evident. So many think they have psychedelics completely figured out after experiencing or hearing about a single unfortunate, but preventable, event. People who spread their own false naive conclusions and manufactured mis-information about psychedelics are the only reason they are still misunderstood, potentially dangerous, and illegal. This will only result in panic reactions, and unsafe situations. You can get it all wrong and still think that your right. Why completely discredit any positive life changing potential that these entheogens posses because of some peoples inability to go with the flow? If do go with the flow these entheogens carry the most beautiful, spiritual, and important message that can be grasped by the astounding human imagination, that you, all the universe, and all life is divine. We are all divine, we are our own great creators. Of course, sadly, the demons in our world abuse their divinity by creating a sort of "hell on earth" for themselves and others to live in. By logging, polluting, creating war, beginning separatist and competitive ideals, and absolutely raping our environment for nothing more than short term economical interests we are building an unnecessary hell for ourselves. I have a fearful suspicion that the reason for this prohibition is much more sinister than a simple misunderstanding. Sure the masses misunderstand psychedelics, but does the government? Maybe they know psychedelics will dismantle this competitive, fear based, rat race so many get lost in. Maybe they know it will destroy their money machine. Maybe they know it will dismantle our feeling of corporate ownership over our injured planet. Maybe they know it will wake people up and give them a new perspective on this over controlling, intrusive, competitive, greedy, arrogant, production based conservative society. Heaven is right here too, why cant the others see the Garden of Eden that some of us can? Why was it only perfect for that fantastic one week in the summer of 1967? Where is that universal sense of evolutionary energy that some of us could taste? We were winning, our love and beaming creative energy were simply overcoming the forces old and evil. So why are these drugs still illegal and misunderstood? Maybe psychedelia gave our society all it could handle before rolling back into the cosmos to await return at the opportune moment? What happened to the wave of higher consciousness we were riding? Heroin, speed, cocaine, alcohol, and meth happened. The definition of drug is so wide that two completely opposite substances, such as magic mushrooms and meth, or LSD and heroin are viewed as the same thing, just a drug, which is absolutely ridiculous. A speedy drug compared to a psychedelic is like a catapult compared to a luxury jet. The catapult will give you a wild ride but it's nothing but an unintelligent dangerous thrill with obvious consequences, while the luxury jet will safely take you somewhere educational and new. The only similarity between the catapult and the jet lies in both the devises ability to move people or through open space.    I've taken acid, mushrooms and mescaline hundreds of times and it is true that I do feel very different now, I enjoy life more than I ever thought possible.  I am an accomplished poet, musician, and artist. Entheogens act as my sacred inspiration. All we can offer this world is the wisdom we take back with us from our journeys to the end of the universe. If you fully let go of any conceivable limits and release control you can become one with all the energy of life, the other side, the force, the cosmic dimension. You will see that your brain is god, the great creator of everything. You are everywhere and nowhere, beautiful and ugly, nothing and everything. It's all in the mind. Cops are criminals, sinners are saints, heads is tails, everything is the same. It is all energy. Your brain is a machine that can interpret the cosmic energy world an infinity of different ways, creating your reality. You are much more than a physical body with a brain, however. You are the energy that occupies a physical body, but you are not the body. You are the life inside your body. You are a spark of energy exploring a human mind. You will exist long after this physical body is gone. You are the energy inside it. Energy never dies, it just returns home. When the body dies it's energy goes back where it came from, to the other side, where everything exists as one. The children will all live forever in a paradise of unreal pleasure. The dream is never done, all energy exists as one.
It hardly matters weather we are understood or not because we know that were right, our energy is more real than anything else on the earth.  One who spreads the message of enlightenment should not be persecuted. There’s no logical reason for mushrooms to be illegal whatsoever.

That is funny because none of us would even be alive today without “magic mushrooms.” Many highly esteemed anthropologist now entirely credit the evolution of our intelligence on the use of psychedelic plants among our ancestors. :mushroom2: :bigblunt: :grin:

:nocomment:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Man jumped from balcony after taking mushrooms, inquest told [Re: Adamist]
    #15971440 - 03/20/12 11:33 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Legal or not, next time, let's not test our tolerance from the balcony. :sad:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals