Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepimmp1969
ShroomPimmp
Male
Loc: fl
Does anyone have GAD or social anxiety
    #5793243 - 06/26/06 05:23 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I think i may have it. in the last 6 months i think ive left my house like 5 times. avoid all my friends like lock the door an hide an wont answer the fone. Ive never ealy noticed it until recently when i was tryin to get a job. i kept making excuses to not leave the house an shit. What is the best thing to do go to a doctor

--------------------
Going to trial with a lawyer who considers your whole life-style a Crime in Progress is not a happy prospect.
Hunter S. Thompson

Reality is just a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs.
--Robin Williams

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: Does anyone have GAD or social anxiety [Re: pimmp1969]
    #5793283 - 06/26/06 05:38 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i'd say don't go to a doctor he will only pump you full with medications...

try to find some sort of alternative treatment... a therapyst would be my advice...

--------------------

Offlinetallgreen
chillin like avillain
 User Gallery
    #5793291 - 06/26/06 05:39 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I feel similarly. I don't leave the house. I get most of my social interaction from the internet, my wife, and my dog. My friends used to try to get me to go out when I lived near them, since I've moved I haven't been out to a party more than twice in the last year. I think western doctors are retarded. They are drug dealers. If you want a particular pharmaceutical because you feel it will help you that is one thing, but relying in a doctor IME, is a waste of time. Most of them don't care about their patients, it's just a job, and lot of them arrogant pricks also. And I think labels like social anxiety and GAD do not make sense, no one is the same so it does not make sense to classify mental "disorders" as disease. They are not pathogenic, it's not a viruss you can kill with medicine. It's who you are.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with being a recluse, it just might not fit in with social norms. Pretty soon I'm moving to the Himalayan mountains in India, and I plan on living a quiet life. I'm not interested in "fixing" myself, cause I know what the problem is, it's the retards that I meet when I go out. 90% of the people I ever interact with are arrogant, ignorant, narrow minded, and foolish. I would rather live with close family and friends in the mountains far far away, so I'm doing that.

Sorry for the rant. My 2 cents.

--------------------
Nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's easy.
All you need is love.
- The Beatles

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
    #5793390 - 06/26/06 06:07 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I have social anxiety. All those pills the docs use are bullshit imo and risky.

I smoke pot 2x a week, I stay in those days, the rest of the time I am fine now. :smile:

--------------------
:heart:

InvisibleRhysaboveit
Day Tripper
Female

Loc: Miami Fl
Re: Does anyone have GAD or social anxiety [Re: In(di)go]
    #5793391 - 06/26/06 06:07 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I definatly support this statement.

Since the age of 11 i was carted around to doctors and psychologist/psychiatrist (sp?) for several reasons ( manic depression, borderline personality, bipolar and etc)

I've learned alot from my experience. Some dr's are bastards, some really want to help you but cant, some can help you but its you that wont let them.

But psychiatrist....god i hate them. they just pump you full of a med cocktail and let u go.

There is nothing wrong with being a recluse, just as long as you are happy and healthy. but if your unhappy with the situation at hand , or if its preventing you from living ( i.e u wont get a job because u dont want to go outside...etc) then its time to get help. I recommend therapy IF you believe in it. it wont work if you dont trust your therapist , or if you dont want to get better.

But if not, search out some alt treatments. like something spiritual or idk.

well , good luck  :hug:

--------------------
No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough

"There's a uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, I dunno, electric snake, coming straight at us."
"Shoot it."
"Not yet, I want to study its habits. "

Jump to top Pages: 1