Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineeverythingzen
Stranger
Just Came Back From 1st Hunt Ever!
    #5780933 - 06/22/06 03:58 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Friend and I just went shroom hunting for the first time ever last night from 10pm - 2am and this morning from 8am - 9:30am. We didn't go far, just hit up the forests around the neighborhood - no cow pastures. We hunted outside of Houston, Tx. The weather last night was very very humid (car windows fogging up) and coniditions were similar the following morning.

Overall most of the mushrooms were tiny, many having caps smaller than my pinky fingernail in diameter. Maybe because the soil isnt enriched by cow shit?

Since we don't really know our stuff too well and would appreciate a positive ID on these that we picked since we don't wanna get sick/die:

My descriptions are of the mushrooms when they were FRESHLY PICKED. If more in depth descriptions are needed, just ask.

Specimen 1:

This is an orange colored mushroom with similarly colored gills.

Specimen 2:

This one when picked was white. Unfortunatly I couldn't get my hands on a digicam sooner but as it has dried out it now looks very yellow. It is alot bigger than any other shrooms we picked. They seem poisonous to me but who knows.

Specimen 3:

These ones had somewhat flat tops when freshly picked. The bottom gills are not dark colored.

Specimen 4:

These are what I *think* I remember seeing when I bought them last, however alot smaller. They have very much bell-shaped caps with dark gills. We only found a few of these.

Specimen 5:

These are the smallest ones we found. Extremely tiny, cap smaller than your pinky fingernail. All white with white gills.

Specimen 6:

I believe this may be a Liberty Cap. We found a ton of these, good sizes too. Brown (but not dark brown) gills.

Specimen 7:

We found the most quantity of these. They were also probably one of the larger mushrooms. Similar in appearance to Specimen 7 but with DARK brown gills (though not as dark as Specimen 4's). I have noticed gills turning darker as they dry out though so perhaps 6 & 7 are the same.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by everythingzen (06/22/06 04:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHunt3r
Newb Hunt3r
Male

Re: Just Came Back From 1st Hunt Ever! [Re: everythingzen]
    #5780960 - 06/22/06 04:11 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Welcome :smile: Proper description please http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/23917

OfflineShrum821
Shrumed Out
 User Gallery

Loc: Fuckin Texas
Re: Just Came Back From 1st Hunt Ever! [Re: Hunt3r]
    #5781121 - 06/22/06 05:12 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

lol if you are looking for active (psychedelic) mushrooms, then im sorry that you wasted 5 1/2 hours of your life looking in the wrong place. You are smack dab in the middle of mushroom heaven, aka Houston, Texas. BUT, you will only find your special mushies growing directly from cow shit. So go read some more about psilocybe cubensis and copelandia cyanescens, and try to get an understanding of whats goin on and then go try again in a cow field. Good Luck. Yay for Texas!!!

OfflineShrum821
Shrumed Out
 User Gallery

Re: Just Came Back From 1st Hunt Ever! [Re: Shrum821]
    #5781127 - 06/22/06 05:13 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

oh and none of your mushrooms are psychedelic, probably not edible, (but im no expert on edibles) but may be poisonous. Throw em away man!

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
    #5781165 - 06/22/06 05:24 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

None are active... Please look at the Gulf Coast Finds thread for photos taken in the Harris Co. aria.

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Offlineeverythingzen
Stranger
Re: Just Came Back From 1st Hunt Ever! [Re: YESSUP]
    #5781186 - 06/22/06 05:31 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

^^^ I think I got it the first time , Thanks for your help guys.

Now on to find some people actually willing to go to some cow fields.

Offlineeverythingzen
Stranger
    #5781195 - 06/22/06 05:34 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Are you guys sure Specimen 4 and 6 are nonactive?

Really bummed out by this, looks like theres still rain in the forecast fortoday.. If theres anyone in the AREA please PM.

OfflineShrum821
Shrumed Out
 User Gallery

#5781344 - 06/22/06 06:22 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

lol dude you need to learn more, specimens 4 and 6 are nothing close to liberty caps. libs dont even grow anywhere near texas. Cubes and Copes man. And maybe the occasional rare laughing gym or pan subb. Stick to the cow fields in houston and if you dont find cubes or copes then you are blind, cause houston is prime. Good luck, be safe.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #5781554 - 06/22/06 07:14 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

You guys, come on. 
4 and 6 look like dried Panaeolus.  Panaeolus subbalteatus are active.  So lets not say none of them are active... On the flip side, Everythingzen, you cannot expect us to ID dried up mushrooms without any of the proper ID info (see list of bulletins at top of page).  Seriously now, The kinda look all the same.  If you are hoping for actives, you better get pics and info before they turn into brittle little twigs. 
One very important bit of info is the colour of a spore print- which all of your finds are waaaaaay to dry to hope to get any spores from.  When you come back from hunts, you have to take a spore print- then you can leave them to dry up for two days if you want (unless they're big, like cubes... those might mold). 
Furthermore, you may have found some actives (though we nor you will know- do not eat any), but the suggested hunting areas you will have far more success with!  You live in a promising area, and should take advantage of it rather than looking in grass and the like.
Good luck, the first hunt is always fun  :smile:

--------------------

Offlineeverythingzen
Stranger
Re: Just Came Back From 1st Hunt Ever! [Re: CureCat]
    #5782306 - 06/22/06 10:51 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Well I did not spore print BUT the cardboard box had black stains like ink stains , anyways thanks guys.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale