Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelga0302
Stranger
Do cigarette filters filter out THC in a joint?
    #5755884 - 06/16/06 12:28 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Do they?
Do they?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (06/16/06 12:27 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Do cigarette filters filter out THC in a joint? [Re: lga0302]
    #5755891 - 06/16/06 12:32 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

In theory I'm sure they do a bit. It's not noticeable. I used to take wet resin and smear it all over cigarettes. Always caught a very nice buzz. :shrug: Whenever packing a cigarette tube with bud I always rip the filter off though. However if resin still catches a very nice buzz with the filter I'm 100% sure bud will too.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #5755913 - 06/16/06 12:42 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Fuck no! they dont filter tar out a cigarette either, it just keep you from getting tar fingers or less yellow on your teeth.
Bongs are a load of shit too, you still get all the same problems, but with cooled smoke and more at once! :lol:

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

#5755959 - 06/16/06 01:01 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

skunk works at mcdonalds, dont listen to anything he says.

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: Do cigarette filters filter out THC in a joint? [Re: Skunk420]
    #5755965 - 06/16/06 01:03 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i think they filter out a noticeable amount thc. I once packed two cigarettes full of bud, which is a fair amount of bud. (i did this for a concert as to be less conspicous) When i smoked them, i was surprisingly sober. If i had smoked the amount that was in just one of those doobies, be it a bowl or regular joint, i would have been much higher. Though it maybe just one incident, it has made me a firm beliver that cig filters do infact filter out thc.

--------------------
:goose:

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Do cigarette filters filter out THC in a joint? [Re: TheDude]
    #5755984 - 06/16/06 01:09 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TheDude said:
skunk works at mcdonalds, dont listen to anything he says.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Offlinearne
evidenced treasurer
Male

Re: Do cigarette filters filter out THC in a joint? [Re: Hanky]
    #5756006 - 06/16/06 01:24 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

^lol

I dunno if they filter out thc, but i prefer a roach cos you can take bigger sucks with less effort.

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
Re: Do cigarette filters filter out THC in a joint? [Re: Dimmy]
    #5756014 - 06/16/06 01:30 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

so? make some brownies instead.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Do cigarette filters filter out THC in a joint? [Re: Skunk420] * 1
    #5756870 - 06/16/06 10:52 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

They won't filter it all out by any means, but they do filter a significant amount. On the whole, I'd say it's not worth it.

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Do cigarette filters filter out THC in a joint? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #5756927 - 06/16/06 11:15 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

smoking thru a cigarette filter... the resin in weed is thicker/stickier than the tar in tobacco so perhaps the gentlman who didn't get high off two filtered joints that heppend because the airflow was blocked. i've smoked joints/blunts that were so thickly packed that they completely filled up with resin so i couldn't smoke them anymore. cigarete filters are very dense and if you've ever smoked weed out of a small, clear pipe and it is good weed, you've seen how quickly that resin forms. it sticks to ANYTHING and filters are no exception.if you want to make it look like a cigarette, you could rip the paper off the filter and fill that with weed too, and it would still look like a cigarette but instead of the yellow part being full of fiberglass, it is weed, you follow?

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Do cigarette filters filter out THC in a joint? [Re: sleepy]
    #5756932 - 06/16/06 11:17 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I smoke filtered joints, not all the time, but often enough.

I get high every time.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Re: Do cigarette filters filter out THC in a joint? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #5756939 - 06/16/06 11:20 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

for example, cheech's monster spliff would clog up pretty quickly. see how hard he is pulling? smoke is barely coming out

OfflineBowers
Bobba Ganoosh
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CA
Re: Do cigarette filters filter out THC in a joint? [Re: Dimmy]
    #5757110 - 06/16/06 12:13 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dimmy said:
i think they filter out a noticeable amount thc. I once packed two cigarettes full of bud, which is a fair amount of bud. (i did this for a concert as to be less conspicous) When i smoked them, i was surprisingly sober. If i had smoked the amount that was in just one of those doobies, be it a bowl or regular joint, i would have been much higher. Though it maybe just one incident, it has made me a firm beliver that cig filters do infact filter out thc.

when I blaze at a concert I don't even notice I am high until I leave. And I have smoked weed out of a cig, and got just as fucked up. Also, it is fact that if you smoke weed from a pipe or bong, you will get higher than if you roll up a joint and smoke it.

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #5757209 - 06/16/06 12:56 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

if you use a actual cigarette filter i do feel like im loosing something but maybe its because i cant get as large of hits through the filtr. also the filter gets real hot from puffing so hard.

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
Re: Do cigarette filters filter out THC in a joint? [Re: Bowers]
    #5757223 - 06/16/06 01:01 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i dont believe the theroy that you get higher from bongs either. i think you just think your getting higher because one hit burns a lot more herb so its more potent per hit but i still think your getting the same bang gram per gram. i think we should try this. have 1 person ration out 1 gram per session one session every other day(avoiding tolerence) and have 7 sessions with different metods and see how high you get. setting would also have to be the same plus state of mind which would be hard to duplicate. anyone up for it? i would but i cant go that long without some(every other day). also the herb would have to be from the same mother plant and same part of the canopy on the plant.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#5757228 - 06/16/06 01:02 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

No, not at all.

I smoked so many "cigaweeds" in college my freshman and sophomore year. We'd empty out the tobacco and put some bud in there, then go smoke it on the front porch of the dorms. If anyone asked we just said it was one of those herbal cigarettes that you smoke to help quit smoking normal cigarettes. We still got incredibly high.

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Re: Do cigarette filters filter out THC in a joint? [Re: Gumby]
    #5757250 - 06/16/06 01:07 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

ive smoked weed/tobacco mixtures with NO sucess. i end up getting dizzy from tobacco way before i can get high, and the tobacco makes me cough WICKD hard. i have a theory that cigarette smokers dont inhale AT ALL or else their thorats must be burned really bad. its possible that i havent gotten used to smoking cigarettes but i think smokers dont wanna admit that cigarettes are useless. the buzz most people get is from the fiberglass that cuts their mouth (where the smoke stays) and the nicotine slowly gets into the blood. ONE inhalation of tobacco smoke gets me really dizzy so those people that smoke cigareetes alot cant be inhaling, and are liars. every smoker i've confronted denys it

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

#5757257 - 06/16/06 01:08 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i mean, marijuana smoke makes me cough if i take a HUGE inhalation, but if i inhale tobacco even for 1 milisecond i instantly cough it up

OfflinemadMushroom
Stranger
    #5757334 - 06/16/06 01:27 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

sleepy said:
ive smoked weed/tobacco mixtures with NO sucess. i end up getting dizzy from tobacco way before i can get high, and the tobacco makes me cough WICKD hard.  i have a theory that cigarette smokers dont inhale AT ALL or else their thorats must be burned really bad. its possible that i havent gotten used to smoking cigarettes but i think smokers dont wanna admit that cigarettes are useless.  the buzz most people get is from the fiberglass that cuts their mouth (where the smoke stays) and the nicotine slowly gets into the blood.  ONE inhalation of tobacco smoke gets me really dizzy so those people that smoke cigareetes alot cant be inhaling, and are liars. every smoker i've confronted denys it

Hell yes, I inhale. Of course smokers you've confronted deny it; it's absurd. :tongue: And the fiberglass thing you're talking about are those "minty" menthol cigs... But those are gross, IMO.

Tobacco does make your throat hurt more, but good tobacco (like some bali shag or some such) is considerably more agreeable. On that note, try smoking unfiltereds...  :evil:

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Re: Do cigarette filters filter out THC in a joint? [Re: madMushroom]
    #5757365 - 06/16/06 01:33 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

do you smoke weed? do you know what inhale means? i picture it with water. its like sucking water thu a straw. if you suck it like you are supposed to, the water goes in your mouth but notyour lungs. if you smoke weed like this you wont get high because the smoke goes in your mouth/stomach and not lungs and thc is only absorbed in the lungs.  using correct techniques with water, you would choke... many of you experience this sometimes when you breath in and drink. this is how most people smoke cigarettes i think (into mouth/stomach). so you are saying you inhale it into your lungs every single drag? i doubt it.  i've smoked probably 3 ounces of weed. thats notmuch but enough to get pretty good at it. that works out to be like a couple hundred bowlpacks, and i know that for many of those, i wasnt inhaling.  i'd say that with cherry bowls and other wasted smoke, and not inhaling, only about 20 percent of my weed ever got into my lungs. and then only a little bit of that goes into the blood
eat weed  :thumbup:
kick cigs :mushroom2:
rock on

Edited by sleepy (06/16/06 01:35 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds