Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: in the woods
Coleus Plant, A Psychedelic?
    #5745963 - 06/13/06 04:24 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

OK, after learning that the common Coleus was a Psychoactive plant and learing the backround and spiritual uses I set off around my yard looking for some of our plants to pick some leaves.  I picked about 10 fresh nice big ass leaves.  I tried to chew on them in a big wad swallowing the juices until there was none left and just swallow the leaves.  WRONG, tasted like SHITTY ASS.  So i then made a tea and put the leaves in, still tasted shitty but not as bad and i chugged the tea leaves and all. ok i didnt feel any affects for about mmm 10 mins or so and then felt a little different not a whole hell of alot.  I then began to get the same feeling of having a few beers on an empty stomach but nothing persisted from there.  the only other effect i noticed but it was really kewl was when i was in my room ( which was dark since it was night) i looked at the light my TV casts on the ceiling and i could see things in the light like little ppl walking around on my ceiling, that was damn trippy  :mushroom2:!

While the affects of the coleus on this dose are very mild i would suggest someone try this.

Anyone else have a coleus experience? bc there isnt many on erowid or any other sites with things like that.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSunshineDaydream
Extra-Dimensional Traveler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oklahoma Flag
Re: Coleus Plant, A Psychedelic? [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #5747458 - 06/13/06 11:32 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

i attempted smoking some just last night and got a psychedelic buzz but def. not a trip. i think smoking it is the wrong way to go. i will try a quid or tea next time!

Offlinetoastandjam
Tastes Grate, Lesh Philling
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Coleus Plant, A Psychedelic? [Re: SunshineDaydream]
    #5747859 - 06/14/06 01:16 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Fascinating. I am slowly developing a legal, entheogenic garden and these would make an excellent addition if in fact they do produce reliable effect. Here's the information I found on erowid, for those that do not want to have to search:

Erowid Coleus Vault

--------------------
Q: We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons... and for one brief moment, you did.
PICARD: When I realized the paradox...
Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. That's the exploration that awaits you...not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening. -Dogen Zenji

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Coleus Plant, A Psychedelic? [Re: toastandjam]
    #5747894 - 06/14/06 01:32 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Wam

Bam

Boom...

:mushroom2:

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

#5747962 - 06/14/06 02:01 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

That's interesting, there's a lot of Coleus in the nursery I work at.

OfflineGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: in the woods Flag
Re: Coleus Plant, A Psychedelic? [Re: Disco Cat]
    #5750435 - 06/14/06 08:10 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

well you guys give it a go, i smoked some that i dried in my mircowave a few days ago, felt a lil light afterwards but nothing much. the smoke was much harsher than weed too. and ik ive said it before but i will warn you again coleus taste like SHIT, its so bitter that u almost throw up

--------------------

nigguh!nigguh!nigguh!

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #5750761 - 06/14/06 09:24 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

u dried them in the microwave? probably a bad move there.

ive smoked it and it doesnt do anything, probably because THE HEAT DESTROYS THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT. its best consumed via tea, and with no additives (everything u will think of besides bug encrusted donkey vomit just makes it taste worse).

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: Coleus Plant, A Psychedelic? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #5754044 - 06/15/06 05:52 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

A vaporize session might work. I picked several leaves while at work today and am drying them on top of my computer monitor now.

I might eat them, but I guess there's no way to tell how much you need that way?

I have a few different colors of them, some that is pink and green, some pink on purple, and some light green on dark green. I don't know if the differing colors are differing species with differing affects, but these are very pretty plants.

Offlinetoastandjam
Tastes Grate, Lesh Philling
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Coleus Plant, A Psychedelic? [Re: Disco Cat]
    #5783738 - 06/23/06 03:00 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Disco Cat said:
A vaporize session might work. I picked several leaves while at work today and am drying them on top of my computer monitor now.

I might eat them, but I guess there's no way to tell how much you need that way?

I have a few different colors of them, some that is pink and green, some pink on purple, and some light green on dark green. I don't know if the differing colors are differing species with differing affects, but these are very pretty plants.

Keep us updated on your progress and analysis.  I'm growing mine to size before harvesting, so I'm anxious to hear about what others have found when I'm ready to.  :cool:

--------------------
Q: We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons... and for one brief moment, you did.
PICARD: When I realized the paradox...
Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. That's the exploration that awaits you...not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening. -Dogen Zenji

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience