Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Psychotria Viridis, Syrian Rue, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibledazed1980
Psychonaut
Male
Ayahuasca with Lamictal
    #5729963 - 06/09/06 10:13 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Does anybody know if Lamictal will reduce the effects of Ayahuasca? It doesn't seem to interfere with mushrooms or LSD, as has been discussed here previously, but I don't know if it reduces the effects of DMT. (I already doubt that Lamictal has any effect upon Syrian Rue.) The ayahuasca was made using 25 grams of Psychotria Viridis and 3.25 grams of Syrian Rue. Its effects were felt--objects began to look extremely odd--but the full on visionary response was not obtained. According to trip reports, other people have experienced profound results with similar doses. Twelves ounzes of lemon juice were used with a hell of a lot of water. It is difficult to determine whether Lamictal was the reason for the failure or whether it simply wasn't made well enough. It is suspected that it was not made well enough since Lamictal does not seem to interfere with other psychedelics or many other chemicals to a great degree but it never hurts to make sure.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDr_Thunda
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ayahuasca with Lamictal [Re: dazed1980]
    #5730575 - 06/09/06 02:30 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

You could try posting at forums.ayahuasca.com- there are a lot of people knowledgeable on the subject there.

In case you dream of creating similar concoctions, I'd recommend a phosphoric tec, rather than lemon juice.

OfflineAsanteA
ex- Wiccan_Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: VirgoSupercluster(or brb)
    #5731314 - 06/09/06 06:16 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

It is simply unknown what will happen. The DMT will not be a problem, but the rue might be another story. Beta-carbolines are known to potentiate many drugs with bare amino groups, and Lamotrigine has those. Syrian rue contains a mixture of alkaloids, which adds to the unpredictable nature of it.

Since you will try several drugs on your Lamictal anyway take this advice: Be VERY careful with Lamictal. Do not take higher doses and do not hop off the drug to later hop on again.

If you develop a rash, particularly in your face, drop what you're doing and go to the hospital. You must be on guard for rashes, as these might be Stevens-Johnson syndrome, one of the most serious skin diseases, which Lamictal is notorious for. You can google it, but expect photos of people looking like war gas victims. Rapid action often prevents the worst, and perhaps only 1/1000 people on lamictal gets it, but most of them do not experiment with recreational drugs of obscure pharmacology.

My guess (but thats a guess not a fact) is that ayahuasca and lamictal will not interact adversely in most people, but almost any affliction you take the lamictal for (epilepsy, depressive disorders) may react adversely to ayahuasca, it being a major psychedelic.

--------------------
CLICK ME --> :trippinbawelz: <-- GO PLACES
AMANI  SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS
Formerly Wiccan_Seeker - times change, either we embrace change or it will be upon us.

OfflineAsanteA
ex- Wiccan_Seeker
Male User Gallery

Re: Ayahuasca with Lamictal [Re: Asante]
    #5731349 - 06/09/06 06:29 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Warning - shocking picture

Lamictal is usually a benign drug, except for people who develop Stevens-Johnson syndrome because of it. In SJS your body basically rejects your own skin, which once started can sometimes go on after the drug is discontinued.

In an extreme (but by no means worst-case) scenario this following picture is what could happen in a week after developing the rash:

If you have used Lamictal for three years, it is unlikely that you will ever develop it, and mind that this graphic picture is a severe case of something which happens to only a few Lamictal users. My point is that Lamictal, though usually very benign, can have nasty interactions with obscure drug cocktails, either by being potentiation or by hypersensitivity arising.

--------------------
Formerly Wiccan_Seeker - times change, either we embrace change or it will be upon us.

Edited by Asante (06/09/06 06:35 PM)

Invisibledazed1980
Psychonaut
Male
Re: Ayahuasca with Lamictal [Re: Asante]
    #5731609 - 06/09/06 08:15 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you very much for the responses. They were very helpful and a lot was learned from them. I think Syrian Rue is safe though. I tried it twice by itself (3 grams and then 7 grams) before I combined it with DMT because one researcher (I forgot his name) theorized that the Soma in the Rig Veda was Syrian Rue. (I do not actually believe in religion but I'm interested in altered states of consciousness and what the Hindus experienced. I now doubt that it was Syrian Rue. Having read about Gordon Wasson's theories, I've also been working with Amanita Muscaria cautiously increasing my dose each time I use it but I haven't worked up to a very high dose yet. I doubt Terrence McKenna's theory that it was a form of psilocybin mushroom, just as I strongly doubt all of the theories I have heard from him. I suspect nobody will ever know for sure what Soma was.) There were no complications with Syrian Rue previously. I didn't eat anything the day before and the day after to make extra sure I didn't eat anything that would negatively interact with it. (I wanted to be on the safe side.) It just made me a little depressed (which of course is very odd since it is an antidepressant), see bright colors, see trails, and get spaced out--but I still did not consider it to be psychedelic because it didn't really lead to any insight, though other people seem to have had very different reactions.) I am aware of SJS but I have been been on Lamictal for a couple of years so I should be safe. I very briefly considered temporarily quitting Lamictal to be on the safe side but I almost immediately decided that that was a terrible idea because I would then have to start with a low dose and very gradually increase my dose again to make sure my skin doesn't fall off and I don't want to go without my current dose for very long. I'll send a message to Ayahuasca.com soon too. I'm already a member there. I don't have time right now. Thanks again.

OfflineAsanteA
ex- Wiccan_Seeker
Male User Gallery

#5733350 - 06/10/06 08:49 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I am aware of SJS but I have been been on Lamictal for a couple of years so I should be safe.

Indeed, you should be in the clear by now.

Quote:

I very briefly considered temporarily quitting Lamictal to be on the safe side but I almost immediately decided that that was a terrible idea because I would then have to start with a low dose and very gradually increase my dose again to make sure my skin doesn't fall off and I don't want to go without my current dose for very long.

Good to see wisdom being applied!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Psychotria Viridis, Syrian Rue, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience