Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Government, Society, Hallucinogens & Shamanism
    #5726038 - 06/08/06 10:48 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

No wonder psychedelics are are class A drug in most countries. Given the crazy and outlandish views of most who participate on this section of the forum, it doesn't surprise me at all that most governments see the whole counter-culture drug scene as a serious threat to people's mental health and want to make it as difficult as possible for people to get hold of these hallucinogenic substances.

However i do believe that under the right conditions, given the correct guidence and instruction and the right individuals who have clarity and stability of mind, hallucinogenics can provide a very useful tool for introducing people to the possibles of different perspectives on reality. An initiatory rite to open the conditioned mind to more possibilites as it were. But seeing the radical shifts in perspectives that alot of individuals exhibit after prolonged and regular use of such substances, it seems more likely for mental health issues to become more frequent as delusions and fantasies begin to run wild in the minds of regular users.

Shamans from many cultures have the knowledge and the wisdom to know how best to use the tools provided by nature for medicinal and spiritual purpose, whereas the masses at large are ignorant of such knowledge and this is when the tools can become very dangerous. Its kind of like handing out power tools to small children, there are bound to be many accidents.

Allowing a forum like this to fester in fantasy and delusion is beyond a joke. People need there delusions to be revealed and there fantasies to be questioned otherwise there is no possibility of wisdom and insight to dawn. The breaking off of S&P into two separate forums i feel was a very bad idea.

Move this topic somewhere else if you like mods, but you know that this is the place where it belongs.

Peace.

--------------------

Edited by Sinbad (06/08/06 10:57 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineleery11
Stranger
Re: Government, Society, Hallucinogens & Shamanism [Re: Sinbad]
    #5726064 - 06/08/06 11:10 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

they are highly stigmatized because they are associated with counter-culture peace and anti-government control movements.

not for mental health, but mental health is probably the reasons they will give you.

further, we have no proper context for spiritual use of entheogens BECAUSE of this society and its laws.....

they ought to be legal or at least legal for religious purposes and ceremonies if we want people to not go so nutty when they use them.

i agree things have gone pretty strange around here though.

--------------------
....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

Edited by leery11 (06/08/06 11:11 AM)

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Government, Society, Hallucinogens & Shamanism [Re: Sinbad]
    #5726162 - 06/08/06 12:01 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
You, as anyone else is entitled to have an opinion. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean you can come to this forum and pretend its participants have mental problems just because they are different or understand hallucinogens differently.

If you don't like what you read in this forum, then please don't troll it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism