Home | Community | Message Board

Weed Seed Shop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDarkflame
I'm a cat.
Male

Panaeolus foenisecii
    #5679763 - 05/27/06 09:50 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Hi everyone,
I've been finding Panaeolus foenisecii in my garden for a few years now but I have only recently managed to get a positive ID. Now I have heard that different parts of America have Panaeolus foenisecii but in only some areas are they psychoactive. I live in the UK and was wondering whether anybody could tell me whether mine are likely to be worth eating. Also if anybody has dosage info that would be very helpful.
Peace,
Darkflame

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe_Appalachain
Major Tom
Male User Gallery

Loc: mid NC
Re: Panaeolus foenisecii [Re: Darkflame]
    #5679881 - 05/27/06 11:09 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Wheather or not Pan Foes are active is a subject that has been ripped to shreads! The basic conclusion is that there were several skewed test results (due to a mixed batch of species) which showed a false possitive on psilicybin content. There were however, a few tests which are assumed to be accurate which showed ETREMELY small amounts of active compounds but not enough for it to even be possible to trip off of. I have eaten 50 or so with no effects and I know of MANY people who have eaten multiple hundreds of them with the only effect being the shits. Sorry pal.

--------------------
I'm floating in a most peculiar way... and the stars look very different today --David Bowie

InvisibleshroominDole
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: O.C . S o. C a l .
Re: Panaeolus foenisecii [Re: The_Appalachain]
    #5680275 - 05/27/06 02:08 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The_Appalachain said:
Wheather or not Pan Foes are active is a subject that has been ripped to shreads! The basic conclusion is that there were several skewed test results (due to a mixed batch of species) which showed a false possitive on psilicybin content. . Sorry pal.

Do YOU have ANY references of scientific data and/or research thats been published to back up your 'skewed' claims that Panaeolina foenisecii is NOT 'Latently' Psilocybian ????????????????

EDIT: I dont know why my reply is in bolds as Ive tried to correct it.....missing something here ?

Edited by shroominDole (05/27/06 02:15 PM)

OfflineerisA
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #5680363 - 05/27/06 02:50 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Darkflame, this topic has been totally warn out and beat to the ground in here.

If you would like, you can search and find pages and pages of endless discussion on it.

Dole - I noticed there is an extra [b] in the quoted part, without a [/b] to follow it up. That is causing it.

--------------------
Immortal
My mushroom hunting gallery

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: Panaeolus foenisecii [Re: eris]
    #5680467 - 05/27/06 03:31 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

LBM"z is LBM'z is LBM'z is LBM'z

I can think of a hell of allot more mushrooms to spend my time on.
Here in Texas after each rain we have an over throw of Panns, Pans, Foes, Foez, Whatever!
If you were to depend on this type of mushroom to give you a trip you will be collecting allot of mushrooms and buying a case's of Mylanta!
When I first started posting here I was all pumped up about these little Brown Mushrooms that had a dark purple spoor to a black spoor.
I know many of them are active and I know many of them all look alike except for those little but rather significant differences.
Hell I find Gyms to be easier to ID and one hell of a better trip ..
Now don't get me wrong these LBM's can be quite potent!
But in the long run you will end up spending allot of time and probably be like 60% of the other mushroom hunters that have totally thrown there hands in the air out of frustration due to way way too many LBM'z and way to much controversy..

I say grow some good Ol Cubes!

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
Re: Panaeolus foenisecii [Re: YESSUP]
    #5680993 - 05/27/06 06:45 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah - if you're interested I posted some recent scientific studies (2006) that showed at least some of them to have miniscule amounts of psilocybin (do a search), but it is widely accepted there is no way you could get high off them, there's just not enough of the stuff there, if there is any of it at all. Forget about them mate.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #5681166 - 05/27/06 08:02 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

If you had looked in the sticky at the top of the page, theere is an article inthe faqz here on "Observations on the Suspected Psychoactive Properties of Panaeolina foenisecii by John W. Allen and Mark D. Merlin.

And it is Panaeolina, a separate Family form Panaeolus, a family with four recognized species in it.

Panaeolus species have black gills, grow in manure or manured soil and in composting hay with or without stable shavings.

Panaeoina is a lawn mushroom never growing in manure. ITs spores are chocolate brown. Not black.

mj

Invisiblebluemeanie
 User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Panaeolus foenisecii [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5681815 - 05/28/06 12:01 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

There is also a recent article by the Botanical gardens in Victoria Australia that found minute levels of alkaloids in this mushroom.

--------------------
Back from san diego

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification