Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread
    #5636607 - 05/16/06 07:54 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

The definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread

This question comes up often enough I think that there should be a sticky for it. In the end, Mushrooms and LSD are very different substances, which offer very different experiences and are more different then they are alike. Just because they are psychedelics and make you trip, does not mean they are the same. If that was the case, then why not compare Mescaline to Smoked DMT?

But, that being said - I posted the below message on another forum that asked to compare the two, and I've also quoted another post from that thread which I found to be an interesting read.

------------------------
People seem to think just because mushrooms and LSD are both drugs that make you trip out, that they must be very similar and easy to compare.

To me, it'd be like dunno, trying to compare Meth to Coke, and hell : it's still 100x easier to compare Meth to Coke than it is to compare LSD to Mushrooms.

While Mush and LSD both share some similarities, they have far more differences which set them apart from each other.

They have different body sensations, different durations, different thought-alterations, different visuals.

To sum it up shortly though.

Mushrooms: Passenger in a car that is racing out of control.
LSD: Your the driver, lucid and relaxed.

I find LSD to be a far more lucid, clear and less confusing experience than mushrooms (generally speaking). LSD for me also tends to be far more visual, and the visuals are nothing like visuals on Mushrooms.

Sure, you get some of the same perspective warping/etc. But, you also get heavy patterning, and visuals which don't really seem to hold much biases in reality. Like cartoon houses swinging from trees, islands floating in the sky, etc. where Mushroom visuals /generally/ are more warping/distortions of objects + patterns on top.

Now, on HIGH doses of mushrooms, the visual nature can be very extreme, I've had it look like every surface around me was a portal into a new dimension - that being said, its still very different visuals than what I get on LSD.

Low dose of mushrooms = funny, sociable, I want to go out explore/dance
Low dose of LSD = annoying, high enough to notice it, but not enough to be absorbed into the experience, but still high enough that you cant really do much

High dose of mushrooms = I want to curl up in a dark space and ride it out (*note: I very much enjoy this, not saying it as a bad thing)
High dose of LSD = I want to throw on my backpack and go exploring

Mushrooms : Racing thought loops that I feel like I cant control
LSD: I can control my thoughts much more. I can range from interesting thoughts, but ones I can very much control. I can go as deep or as shallow as I want. Also, its VERY easy (for me at least) to quiet my mind while on LSD. If I choose to, I can pretty much turn off my brain while tripping on LSD and empty it of all thoughts - its a very nice/relaxing experience.

On mushrooms, its like my thoughts are always two steps ahead of me and I'm scrambling to catch up, but never able to stop them.

Generally speaking, I think I prefer LSD over Mushrooms, but if I had to rate them on a scale of 1 to 10, LSD would be 10, and Mushrooms would be like, 9.98 -- not too far behind.

Both offer very different experiences, both very worth exploring.

If I had a pile of mush, and a pile of LSD in front of me, and had to chose one, and couldn't do both at once. Chances are the largest deciding factor would be : how much time to I have to dedicate to the trip?

With LSD, its pretty much 12 hours + a day to recover before I feel 100% back to normal. Like, if I drop at 9pm, I'll still be tripping well into the morning, probably wont even get a full 'sleep', then a day sort of basking in the afterglow. I *LOVE* the day after, but I don't always have the time for it.

With mushrooms for example, last week : I dosed mushrooms at 10:30am, by early afternoon I was pretty much back to base-line, and by 2pm, I was programming and working on a website and getting stuff done with my day, I could NEVER do that with LSD.

--------------------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: kaniz]
    #5636609 - 05/16/06 07:55 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

And, the below post was by Audiocide on the bluelight.ru forums, but think it has a lot of good info, so copying that over here also.

---------------------------------
Let's get this very clear: If I was presented with a choice of LSD or psilocybin mushrooms, I would choose both, because it's an impossible decision leaving you with regrets either way. Plus, the one time I have combined the two, it was excellent.

So keep that in mind: if you are experienced with the nature of the distortion/disassembly of reality (or the Trip), you should try both together at carefully timed and measured doses.

Now to seperate the two. But first we have to do some basic defining of what a trip can be.

The Mindfuck:
What some people desire more than anything out of a trip, this is usually the kind of trip that scares people more often. You feel an overwhelming sense of self and your thoughts become distorted. I believe visuals come from this but are completely seperate. You may feel very inferior or insignificant, or you may go deep into a 'hole' in which you do nothign but silently think with glass eyes.

My rating on my own personal trip scale? 10/10. This is top-notch. Any good mindfuck trip is a good trip regardless, because it has a very real power.

The Hallucinatory Trip:
Of course, any hallucinogen causes slight distortions in everything, but this is the kind of trip that forces you to focus on insane visuals. You may see 2-D worlds, walls melt away, your friend's face morph into a monster, a lightbulb catch fire and burn. And that's mild hallucinations.

Once heavy ones set in, this can become, more than anything, confusing. You will be mildly amused most times, but it can be scary. This does not, however, cause "bad trips" as often as a mindfuck will. It just makes things stupidly insane.

Also, this can apply to any other sense. You may feel your fingernails fall off, or you may hear people talking in booming, unintelligible thunder.

Rating? 8/10. Can get ridiculous at times, but who doesn't think that true hallucinations aren't cool?

Disassociation:
Here's where the big players and big doses come in. This is the kind of trip in which reality no longer exists, and the division between what you believe and what you imagine is shattered. Your friend could catch fire and then you turn into a figment of his imagination, something so unreal that it scares you to death.

This can get very scary and isn't usually very enjoyable unless you are used to it. However, it does happen.

5/10. I was never partial to this kind of thing ,but it's my personal opinion. If you wanna become detached, go for it.

Now those are only three... The most basic three, and you get many variations and this in no way covers all trips, but it gives you a good idea of what else can happen.

So for LSD:
Most people I know report that they don't get visuals like they would expect. This is generally because of that last word: expect. You can completely waste an LSD trip by sitting and waiting for something to happen. For conversational purposes, you must "flirt" with the trip. It will nto come to you wioth constant pressure but will, over time, completely rule your body and mind.

LSD is a huge mindfuck sometimes. And sometimes it's not. It all depends on person. But the average seems to be that LSD is a very curious drug. In that you will be interested in lots of things while you trip. A good hike or boating trip (with SOBER FRIENDS, water looks very groovy) is always nice with LSD.

LSD visuals seem to be more 'real' in the sense that everything seems to have a meaning, even if a tree turns blue and chokes to death on its own falling leaves. It is less insane (nothing too wild, but it does get crazy sometimes) but it is more intense in a way because everything seems so important.

Also, at higher doses when focusing, everything else seems to focus on what you are. For instance, you line up many toothpicks in a grid and focus on a corner. All the toothpicks could seem to lean towards that point. Your thoughts, focus, and ideas seem to become very important and everything beings showing relationships.

So let's analyze.
Low (threshold) dose: Mild restlessness or a feeling of the need for activity. Gentle feeling of "surging" or rushing through your mind. Thoughts become less brief and you begin to take interest in things you do not normally notice. Rated 4/10.
Low (starter) dose: Restlessness prominent. Thoughts very drawn-out and mild visual effects (burred peripherals, prominent focus) occur. Time seems to dilate. Any activity feels very good and cleansing. Very focused, but a tendency to ignore things not focused on does show up. When you set your mind to it, that's it for a while. 6/10 for beginners.
Medium (decent) dose: Restlessness overcome by the generally great feeling of energy, but activity helps. Visuals may occur here. Sound is more impactful. Dilation of time more intense. Patterns interesting. 8/10.
Medium-high dose: Visuals usually become prominent here. Nothing spectacular, but it does tend to happen. A great curiosity and smaller but more pure attention span curse you for the entire trip. Euphoria may follow. Thoughts are very concentrated and can become redundant or looping because of their content. 8/10
High dose: Unignorable visuals, intense removal of previous constraints of the mind. The user feels very aware of themselves and enjoys conversation. Deep, focused talks. Ability to manipulate some physical feeling from time to time. 10/10
Crazy dose: Visuals become insane. Things take on irregular forms, mindfuck completely established. Diminishing of onesself as a simple and insignificant being can and will (eventually) happen on one of these trips. 9/10 for the less experienced users.

And then there were Mushrooms:
Mushrooms are, like previously stated, a "passenger" type drug. You will usually feelveyr little if any control over your trip. Which brings to mind the phrase "ride it out."

Mushrooms are enjoyable, but there is a drawback... You force yourself to take them for what they are, a drug, or you can let them scare you and end up being unhappy. They are top priority upon consumption. There isn't much else to say, and I have to leave somewhere now.

Just remember that mushrooms tend to be more intense. Low-dose trips are less visual but all trips are very mindfucked. High doses retain a lot of ridiculous visual hallucinations and auditory response.

Just ride it out.

And I don't feel like filling this out, but if someone would oblige, I would appreciate it.
Low (threshold) dose:
Low (starter) dose:
Medium (decent) dose:
Medium-high dose:
High dose:
Crazy dose:

And honestly I prefer mushrooms but I can't say that knowing I absolutely love LSD. It's an even deal with me, either way I can get to where I wanna be.

Until whenever,

--mic

Offlineoblivia
Stranger
    #5638149 - 05/16/06 03:59 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Great idea to sticky this topic because I think some members will get tired of answering the question LSD vs. shrooms one day.

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/faqs/psychedelic_experience_faq.shtml

In section 4d they compare some of the effects that LSD and psylocin have to offer.

OfflineSapphireCat
Seeker
Male

Loc: Ireland
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: oblivia]
    #5638451 - 05/16/06 05:08 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

As always after reading one of your topics kaniz i feel i've learned something once again. Was a nice little insight into the LSD experience which i still have to get around to, great post  :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on Simplicity ~Plato

Offlinetripstr
somewhere sometime
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: SapphireCat]
    #5638623 - 05/16/06 05:57 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the info, that makes me feel better about trying lsd as shrooms always give me a huge mindfuck

Offlineimpgl
CrimethINCspecial agent
 User Gallery
Loc: california!
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: tripstr]
    #5638657 - 05/16/06 06:07 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

i havent eaten mushrooms in a good year to year and a half, but i eat acid on a pretty regular basis. reason: i tend to get a bit confused on mushrooms. but this has also happend on high doses of lsd. i think mushrooms are too much of a mind fuck. i lose sense of reality more often, which isnt really a bad thing, only at the wrong time. i could take acid and walk around a random city, go hiking, or party, but on mushrooms, its a must that i be in the outdoors.

--------------------
omg really?

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: impgl]
    #5904437 - 07/27/06 05:39 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

bump

OfflineMustardMan
Peace Frog
Male User Gallery

#5904684 - 07/27/06 09:13 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Your mushroom experiences are almost identical to mine, this makes me want to try acid VERY badly.

Good thread- only I think the effects of psychedelic drugs are so different from person to person, that you can't simply describe the effects of them, or compare LSD to Mushrooms, its just one of those things you have to experience first hand (for mushrooms at least)  :rasta:

--------------------
Wild Psilocybe Ovoideocystidiata

Cultivated Cubensis

Edited by MustardMan (07/27/06 09:18 AM)

OfflineHarvestTheBrain
CultDeVader

Loc: Usa
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: impgl]
    #5904693 - 07/27/06 09:17 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

thats funny cuz i think its the complete opposite, lsd is a mind fuck for me, on shrooms i can still be social and such, and i can pass out if i want to....lsd=no sleep for me

OfflineMustardMan
Peace Frog
Male User Gallery

Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: HarvestTheBrain]
    #5904698 - 07/27/06 09:19 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HarvestTheBrain said:
thats funny cuz i think its the complete opposite, lsd is a mind fuck for me, on shrooms i can still be social and such, and i can pass out if i want to....lsd=no sleep for me

Theres no way in hell I'll get any sleep if I take more than 2 grams of shrooms.

--------------------
Wild Psilocybe Ovoideocystidiata

Cultivated Cubensis

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: MustardMan]
    #5904893 - 07/27/06 10:36 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I struggled with this for years

I came to the conclusion that mushroom delivers a tiny bit of toxin at the same time that it delivers the serotonergic psychedelic extensions, while lsd does not have the toxin.

Both are very simmilar save for the minor toxic smear that the mushroom can induce. this tends to ground the mushroom trip or make it a bit darker or heavier, I agree the urge to wander is stronger on acid, but I think it is the lighter load, what mushroom would be without the smear.

the main thing in both is the psychedelic extension, and both can with dosage produce the same kinds of extensions: color sound taste and touch enrichments, tracers, strobes, loops, smears, melting, and general time distortion, from deja vue to epiphany.

depending on dose there is more or less of that.

with mushroom there is that faint toxic spice or shadow, often contributing to the sense that it is the deeper or less brash of the two, or the more 'natural' of the two.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5905075 - 07/27/06 11:43 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Mushrooms - Spirituality

LSD - Intellect

OfflineHarvestTheBrain
CultDeVader

Loc: Usa
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: BiG_StroOnZ]
    #5905085 - 07/27/06 11:45 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BiG_StroOnZ said:
Mushrooms - Spirituality

LSD - Intellect

i like that

OfflineMushroomCrazed
Mushroom Muncher
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: HarvestTheBrain]
    #5907340 - 07/27/06 11:13 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Well here i go
LSD VS MUSHROOMS
NOT A SINGLE ONE IS BETTER PLEASE UNDERTSAND
They are both very special and have very different yet similar characteristics. I agree Lsd is a more controled substance but like mushrooms there are things that are not in the control of the user. For example emotions can be very tampered with on Lsd. An example is two out of three people agree on one idea but the third doesn't, then the two pick up a vibe and the atmosphere can change from a group trip to independance. Mushrooms is a drug that is in your face and can be out of control before you even understand what is happening. Now the reason this is so is because Ego interpretation can mess up the trip. Both have a way with the mind and they let it go. Guess how by killing or as i call it buring the ego. Now people who have bad trips are people who usually try to understand wtf is going on. I've seen it mant times. They sit there and they wonder and wonder till they are fucked and by them it's too late. The mushrooms have taken there place and there person underneath is dead. I have also heard of people haveing same problems on higher doses of Lsd. So basically i got a bit carried off and what im trying to say is that mushrooms bring you towrads a source or your God if you will, while Lsd only shows you the way to it allowing you to choose whether or not thats the path for you.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

#6285097 - 11/15/06 07:34 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Since this topic has come up a few times the last few days - *bump*

OfflineCerebralFlower
whats left?

Loc: only the truth is left
    #6285777 - 11/15/06 11:22 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mushrooms: Passenger in a car that is racing out of control.
LSD: Your the driver, lucid and relaxed.

Im glad someone agrees.

I think its easier to notice the differnecs on lower doses, because if you eat alot of either, you become caught up in the trip and it takes you away, where was if you only eat a little, you just get some insights and maybe feel funny and laugh or cry.
Shrooms are more emotional for me, acid is more clear
very clear, shrooms, if i eat more than 2 grams make me feel almost drunk or dizzy, and almost like i cant control my thoughts, they just spin around. And the body feeling from shrooms is way better than acid,
Coming down from shrooms is like being set free almost, especially if its too intense, coming down off of acid isnt rough, but you cant sleep usually, and there seems to be some mind lag, if you do it more often
Shrooms connect me to my body, i almost feel like im meeting and old friend or something, going back, when i eat mushrooms, on acid
maybe i feel like im going more ahead.
I like the energy you get from both.
On shrooms i always end up doing wierd streches and feeling my body alot, cause its a nice physical sensation than acid.
I like them both, and I would like to try both at once.

--------------------
God says dance with your heart
And shake free of you desire

Where theres a will theres always a way
When you get confused listen to the music play

Offlinedmthead420
I&I sees all
 User Gallery
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: BiG_StroOnZ]
    #6285795 - 11/15/06 11:32 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

BiG_StroOnZ said:
Mushrooms - Spirituality

LSD - Intellect

my man said it right there..i concur  :wink:

OfflineTrippinNinjaBuddha
ShroominSamurai
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: dmthead420]
    #6286080 - 11/15/06 01:07 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

shit.  I'm more inclined to say that because psychedelics have to do with interacting with your subconscious experience and your perceptions of the world, you cannot generalize either drug's experience.

It seems like you are all standardizing the psychedelic experience, which I think is a bastardization.  On shrooms I was totally cool and spiritual, on acid I had a different kind of experience(more out of control.)  I am sure that my experiences on both were influenced by my preconceptions about each, my life, my experience while tripping, and the people around me.

To say 'mushrooms = x, and lsd = y' seems false to me.

Everyone has his/her own experience. :thumbup:

--------------------
Jumped in a river, what did I see?
Black eyed angels swimming with me
Moon full of stars and astral cars, all the figures I used to see
All my lovers were there with me
All my past and all my futures
We went to heaven in a little rowboat
There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: TrippinNinjaBuddha]
    #6286157 - 11/15/06 01:28 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

You do have a point, and trying to generalize either is hard. I've been shrooming for over 3 years now, and using LSD for over a year now, and each LSD trip I take, seems to show me a new trick up it's sleeve that I havnt had in a previous trip. Similar can be said to mushrooms (but not to the same extent I've found).

That being said, there are some generalizations that can be made, but they will not capture or do justice to the entire experience . But, this question comes up SO often, that to simply ignore it and not give at least a best effort seems a bit silly.

And even at that - everyone does seem to react differently to each, I've seen many people write off LSD as just being 'a fun drug that offered them nothing', and for me - it's blown my socks off and offered me loads.

For some people, LSD is a bigger mind-fuck then shrooms, for others - its the other way around.

All in all, doing one drug wont prepare you for another, doing one wont let you know what to expect from another, and hell - one LSD trip isnt going to prepare you for a stronger dose - as it can all vary so much.

But, you can give a few clues/pointers/generlizations, but people still need to recgonize that at the end of the day - chances are their expierences will be vastly diferent.

OfflineCerebralFlower
whats left?

Loc: only the truth is left
    #6286846 - 11/15/06 05:29 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yes everyone is effected differently in some sense, different brain chemistry and ways of thinking, but were all just giving our opionons from our point of view
and i dont think you can really define it, so just go with it

--------------------
God says dance with your heart
And shake free of you desire

Where theres a will theres always a way
When you get confused listen to the music play

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder