Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineundersativaskies
blue ridgerepresent
Male User Gallery

Loc: cville
Psilocybe caerulipes in virginia 1st find ever with pics
    #5627692 - 05/14/06 09:04 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Well on my first hunt ever and after a proper id, im positive that i have Psilocybe caerulipe. And i thought nothing grew in va??? O and any input would be appreciated.

O and that is the homer simpson heavy weight shirt..

--------------------
The wolves howl, the sheep dwell, and the fool casts his whom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineundersativaskies
blue ridgerepresent
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe caerulipes in virginia 1st find ever with pics [Re: undersativaskies]
    #5627838 - 05/14/06 09:51 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

No one can tell me about these little devils? Any help will be appreciated.

36 veiws and no replys....you guys are shy!

--------------------

Edited by undersativaskies (05/14/06 10:21 AM)

Invisiblebaycafe
Urawa RedDiamonds
 User Gallery

Loc: 埼玉県&...
Re: Psilocybe caerulipes in virginia 1st find ever with pics [Re: undersativaskies]
    #5627907 - 05/14/06 10:22 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

There is not enough information from the photos to make an ID and you are confident that you have Psilocybe caerulipes. The last picture makes me think that that one of those mushrooms is a Psathyrella (largest cap). Perhaps if you had some more detail photos showing the mushroom from the side and a spore print color someone might second your ID.

--------------------
I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

俺のシロシャイビケッルリプスがここです。

東京スカパラダイスオクストラ

InvisibleMead

Re: Psilocybe caerulipes in virginia 1st find ever with pics [Re: baycafe]
    #5627912 - 05/14/06 10:25 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Making multiple threads about the same mushrooms isn't going to get you an answer faster

Offlineundersativaskies
blue ridgerepresent
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe caerulipes in virginia 1st find ever with pics [Re: Mead]
    #5627954 - 05/14/06 10:35 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Ok well heres some more info:
Spore print is dark purple-brown.
Caps and stems bruise blue.
Stem is hallow and doesnt snap.
smells like cubensis and hospital(old people).
Found in a sandy/muddy/every thing else that is beside a creek.
O and i made another thread because in the other thread someone confirmed identification. So i made another to learn more about this beutiful mushie. Not trying to seem pushy just excited to what i have found.

--------------------

OfflineHongKongPhooey
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5628142 - 05/14/06 11:31 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

certainly sounds like a good active to me. little weird habitat but can't argue w/ results

Offlineundersativaskies
blue ridgerepresent
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe caerulipes in virginia 1st find ever with pics [Re: HongKongPhooey]
    #5628396 - 05/14/06 01:11 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Well we just got back. More mushie pics coming soon

--------------------

Offlineundersativaskies
blue ridgerepresent
Male User Gallery

#5628472 - 05/14/06 01:41 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

More pictures. Note the extreme bluing. We went this morning after it rained, we found a differant patch that seemed to blue more. It was also closer to the sewer.

--------------------

InvisibleshroominDole
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: O.C . S o. C a l .
    #5628512 - 05/14/06 02:03 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Hey under......Ya ...definately all those right there in the above picture ARE Psilocybe caerulipes and the Virginias are known as some of the most common states for the occurence of Ps. Caerulipes.....Psilocybe caerulipes spores colors also range to DARK CHOCOLATE BROWN but I always include purple in the color as this can eliminate ALOT of potentially dangerous mushrooms......and after awhile you can learn to recognize alot of mushrooms on SIGHT.....bluing reaction in this species though usually very quik can take several hours at times......I cant tell you how many times I've seen similiar looking mushrooms touching each other..... one edible..... one DEADLY !.......  so for now I would say safety first.....

Everyone right now that was in the path of the last hurricane and its storms after it hit landfall should be hiking streamside and lateral drains and landslide (even very small) areas as this is where Caerulipes can explode where wood, sticks, compost, silt, and mud come to rest after being thrown together.....then can come up after the first warm rains of Spring and Summer and grow well into Fall......there are several other Psilocybes that take advantage of these situations.....the at times very similiar looking Ps. Weilii explosion centered around Georgia is considered a direct result of hurricane Opal almost 12 years ago.....a  Ps. caerulipes explosion will significantly start to taper after the 3rd season......so strike it while its hot......but remember the spots because as production starts to wane and they arent as obvious......this can help you locate the few into the 4th and 5th years where by then should be about out of production but they are predicting increasing hurricane seasons (joke ?)

Here are a couple links to try....this should keep you busy for a while...in general you have a fairly rare find there.... :thumbup:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5564657/an/0/page/0

EDIT: Link to original post:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5625143/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

--------------------
Worlds Largest 'Liberty Cap' (Cali Libs Confirmed !)
' Comments On Hallucinogenic Agarics And The Hallucinations Of Those Who Study Them '
Alexander H. Smith
Mycologia vol.69 1977

Edited by shroominDole (06/09/06 10:40 PM)

Offlineundersativaskies
blue ridgerepresent
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe caerulipes in virginia 1st find ever with pics [Re: shroominDole]
    #5628525 - 05/14/06 02:09 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

So i can eat the blueing ones and not worry? Yeah the spore prints on 95% are purple-rusty brown. What is the dosage? Thanks shroomindole your a big help. And i dont know if this has to do any thing but they were more concentrated near the sewage system(right where the two creeks coincide)?

--------------------

Offlineundersativaskies
blue ridgerepresent
Male User Gallery

#5628683 - 05/14/06 02:57 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Well im gonna eat the three bluer caps. Is this ok?

--------------------

InvisibleMead

Re: Psilocybe caerulipes in virginia 1st find ever with pics *DELETED* [Re: undersativaskies]
    #5628748 - 05/14/06 03:13 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Mead

Reason for deletion: .

Offlineundersativaskies
blue ridgerepresent
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe caerulipes in virginia 1st find ever with pics [Re: Mead]
    #5629192 - 05/14/06 04:54 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I just ate a nice sized cap 45 minutes ago. I got a lil of that mind taking feeling but not much.

--------------------

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #5630410 - 05/14/06 10:11 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I found a shit load of caerulipes weekend. Many pics to come. They look a lot like what I've been finding.

Make sure they all bruise blue and are the same species. If so, I'd say you have em.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Offlineundersativaskies
blue ridgerepresent
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe caerulipes in virginia 1st find ever with pics [Re: eris]
    #5630595 - 05/14/06 11:08 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah its rained alot this weekend. I found alot today when i went farther down the river. They seem to really like the sewage man holes that are beside the river. we found large clusters around them and they also seemed to blue more intensely. I have alot of pics im just lazy. Since it rained today ill go back tomarrow and get some good habitat shots and the clusters around the man holes.

--------------------

OfflineIpomoeaViolacea
Loc: US, Ohio
    #5631115 - 05/15/06 01:45 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Those look similar to the P. caerulipes that I pick, though not exact. I cannot tell from the picks if they are 100% them, but some of the images resemble them alot. If I saw they gills I may be able to tell. Most of the ones I pick bruise alot throughout the cap, especially if I pick the greyish strain.

--------------------
Sailing on the wind
in a milk white gown
Dropping circle stones on a sun dial
Playing hide and seek
with the ghosts of dawn
Waiting for a smile from a sun child.

"Moonchild" by King Crimson

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #5631505 - 05/15/06 06:58 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

P. caerulipes has been picked in evry stqate onthe east coast from Georgia to New York and Main and from the coast to Ohio and Michigan and some eveen in southern Ontario.

80 pickers were recently arrested on a single day picking them in Wheeler West Virginia..

Also they are very common in Michigan and Ohio to Virginia.

Offlineundersativaskies
blue ridgerepresent
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe caerulipes in virginia 1st find ever with pics [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5631580 - 05/15/06 07:48 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Well im about to go to a spot today that i think will be covered with these lil buggers. I peeled of the transparent layer off the top of every one of the ones i found yesterday. All of em had a nice transparent skin. If i collect enough of this psilocybe 4skin, could i make a active natural condom? It kinda looks like a natural sheep intestine condom lol......

--------------------

OfflineMustardMan
Peace Frog
Male User Gallery

#5650369 - 05/19/06 01:53 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

hey under man, thanks for your finds, I just went on my FIRST hunt ever, and found caerulipes as well... Cville rocks :smile:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5650164&page=0&vc=#Post5650164

--------------------
Wild Psilocybe Ovoideocystidiata

Cultivated Cubensis

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Psilocybe caerulipes in virginia 1st find ever with pics [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5650386 - 05/19/06 01:56 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
P. caerulipes has been picked in evry stqate onthe east coast from Georgia to New York and Main and from the coast to Ohio and Michigan and some eveen  in southern Ontario.

80 pickers were recently arrested on a single day picking them in Wheeler West Virginia..

Also they are very common in Michigan and Ohio to Virginia.

what about illinois :confused:

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates