Home | Community | Message Board

Weed Seed Shop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: 5-HTP, Melatonin

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDucky
Governor ofRhythm
Male

Loc: on a boat somewhere
Psilocin potentiation with Melatonin or 5htp
    #5611278 - 05/10/06 02:54 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I was wondering if anyone had any experience or knowledge about taking Melatonin or 5htp either before or after ingesting Psiloc(yb)in? I have heard that taking Melatonin after the mushrooms enhances visuals, however more info wanted.. Also, would taking something like 5htp during the trip maybe make it more happy/relaxed, or would it flush the chemical out of your synapses? What about vitamin b6? Niacin?

--------------------
"Whoa! ...did you just see that too?"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSmokenBabyJesus
Smoker of Religious Figures

Loc: Maryland
Re: Psilocin potentiation with Melatonin or 5htp [Re: Ducky]
    #5611316 - 05/10/06 03:12 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I have been pondering the same thing, I'm currently grow cubes in a pf with 200 mg of 5-htp in it, so i'm waiting to see how that turns out. 5-htp turns into seritonin and seritonin makes you happy so...... I think its worth a try.

and Melatonin........

"How does it affect circadian rhythms? Melatonin produces a substance called arginine vasotocin. This secretion has an inhibiting effect upon cortisol, a stress hormone produced by theadrenal glands. Insomniacs tend to have high nighttime levels of this hormone which tends to keep them in an agitated state. Inhibition of this hormone promotes sleep and allows time for regeneration."
That is from here

So, If it reduces aggitated states that could possibly benifit a trip.
plus it seems to be good for you.

"Serotonin relationship
Serotonin aids in the chemical transfer of information from one cell to another. More importantly for migraine sufferers, serotonin also plays a major role in the relaxation and constriction of blood vessels. All of the serotonin in the blood is stored in the platelets and is released by platelet aggregation. This release in migraine sufferers appears to result in a serotonin deficiency. These low serotonin levels are thought to lead to a decrease in the pain threshold of these patients. This concept is strongly supported by 35 years of research, including positive clinical results in double blind studies with the serotonin precursor 5-hydroxytryptophan (5- HTP). These and other studies show that increasing serotonin levels in the platelets leads to relief from chronic migraine headaches."
http://www.headache-cures.com/migraines.html

--------------------
"Where that boy at??"

Edited by SmokenBabyJesus (05/10/06 03:19 AM)

OfflineAshland
Space Cowboy

Loc: North America
Re: Psilocin potentiation with Melatonin or 5htp [Re: SmokenBabyJesus]
    #5611352 - 05/10/06 03:28 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I've read some related threads on this issue.. and it seems that melatonin appears to "smooth out" the trip. I would really like to know some more info, and any personal experiences people have had with melatonin and psychedelic mushrooms. good thread!

OfflineDucky
Governor ofRhythm
Male

Loc: on a boat somewhere
Re: Psilocin potentiation with Melatonin or 5htp [Re: SmokenBabyJesus]
    #5611355 - 05/10/06 03:29 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

That was an interesting little article, thanks!

Far as doping substrate is concerned, I read somewhere else that using 5htp would theoretically increase norbaeocystin levels in the mushroom, however I don't know if the mushroom or the substrate necessarily has the cofactor nutrients. I know that vitamin b6 is essential for humans to convert 5htp into serotonin..

--------------------
"Whoa! ...did you just see that too?"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: 5-HTP, Melatonin

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience