Home | Community | Message Board

The Hawk's Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
False drug test lane trips up drug trafficker [KS]
    #5608772 - 05/09/06 03:23 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

False drug test lane trips up drug trafficker
May 9, 2006 - nbcactionnews.com

TOPEKA, KAN. – A driver who hurriedly pulled off the highway after seeing a sign warning of a "drug check lane" ahead, was sentenced Monday to 3 years in federal prison for trafficking in marijuana.

Zeferino Olivas Ortega, 31, Odessa, Texas., was sentenced to 37 months during a hearing before U.S. District Judge Julie A. Robinson.

"The drug check lane was a ruse," said U.S. Attorney Eric Melgren. "Mr. Ortega’s reaction, however, was to violate traffic laws in his haste to avoid any contact with law enforcement. The Kansas Highway Patrol officer who stopped him discovered 1,000 pounds of marijuana in the vehicle."

Ortega pleaded guilty in February to one count of possession with intent to distribute marijuana. In his plea, he admitted that was driving a truck and pulling a horse trailer when he pulled of I-35 Oct. 30, 2005, in Lyon County, Kan., after seeing a sign warning of a drug check lane. A Kansas Highway Patrol trooper stopped Ortega for failing to signal before changing lanes. Based on an alert from a drug dog, officers searched the horse trailer and found the marijuana in a hidden compartment.

Melgren commended the Kansas Highway Patrol and Assistant U.S. Attorney Randy Hendershot for their work on the case.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: False drug test lane trips up drug trafficker [KS] [Re: veggie]
    #5609292 - 05/09/06 05:49 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I'd love to see someone snipe these pigs with blank bullets, just to trip them up.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: False drug test lane trips up drug trafficker [KS] [Re: SuperD]
    #5609591 - 05/09/06 07:24 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

LOL

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: False drug test lane trips up drug trafficker [KS] [Re: veggie]
    #5611673 - 05/10/06 08:27 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

> I'd love to see someone snipe these pigs with blank bullets, just to trip them up.

They used to have one of these setup every weekend a few miles from where I went rock climbing along a very active interstate. After climbing one day, we decided to stop and watch. The police were less than thrilled at the prospect of an audience, but there wasn't much they could do about it other than gripe. It was uneventful with nobody getting busted in the hour or so that we hung out, but it was kind of fun to be annoying.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: False drug test lane trips up drug trafficker [KS] [Re: Seuss]
    #5620396 - 05/12/06 10:45 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

wow, i always tell my friends, if you see one of these, keep driving....
\

tis a shame that i know someone that got busted by one of these, beacuse of a rash reaction from the driver :frown:

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service