Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Propolis, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineitdiestoday
Stranger
Rye as a substrate, and jar additives
    #5592998 - 05/05/06 08:03 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I have two main questions about Rye. Since Rye Grain works as a substrate, does Rye Flour work like Brown rice flour would in a PF style jar? And one other, do Rye Berries work as a substrate? or just as spawn? i want to try to use them as just a substrate... Now jar additives. i saw on a website selling pre-sterilized PF jars that they used Brown Rice Flour as the main ingredient and added these three things-- Worm Castings(which they said are key), Flax Seed Meal, and Bee Pollen. They said that these ingredients make for better and longer flushes. Now would these ingredients actually make that much of a difference in a PF jar? And if so, saying that Rye Flour could be used as a substrate like BRF; could they help in the same way as with BRF and those additives? thanks...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAtemi
Stranger
Re: Rye as a substrate, and jar additives [Re: itdiestoday]
    #5593016 - 05/05/06 08:13 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

i cant answer all your questions, ive never added worm castings, flax seed or bee pollen, in fact, what th efuck is bee pollen lol, bees dont make pollen, maybe they go out wit h nets i nthe summer hanging around plants and mug the bees for their pollen on the way back to the nest lol

Rye flour does work the same as brown rice flour (of course organic non fungicide only), i have found that growth seems to start quicker on brown rice flour, of course not through any where near enough results to put any faith in it.

Edited by Atemi (05/05/06 08:13 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Propolis, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation