Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisiblePynchon
Slow Learner

Loc: New Zealand
Re: reality questions, god, PLEASE check this out [Re: tak]
    #555084 - 02/18/02 05:41 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

>If we have free will, or if we don't...how the fuck would we know. Whatever happens happens. Why the fuck are we relating the universe to holograms

What he said.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDivine_Madness

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: reality questions, god, PLEASE check this out [Re: Pynchon]
    #555133 - 02/18/02 07:31 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I think your misunderstanding it, but I cant really explain what I mean. Though, Ill try
Its just, you decide what is being projected...So diseases and stuff are also things you coused yourself.

I think its best to say every consciouss being is a projector. All the projectors are projecting the same image, the image that holds everything (so suffering and happiness included), but all from a differend angle. You only have to change the angle to get a different picture, so if you have something you dont like, you just have to look at it differently (?).

--------------------
its all placebo

Invisiblevkk_
DNA Timebomb

Loc: Planet Erf, Yo.
Re: reality questions, god, PLEASE check this out [Re: Divine_Madness]
    #555262 - 02/18/02 10:36 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

If you're interested in learning more about this theory read "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot. I did. It's "good", heh.

Someone may have already mentioned this.

--------------------
I remember, the first time, I... smoked DMT.

InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

Loc: underbelly
Re: reality created by consciousness [Re: Lallafa]
    #555854 - 02/18/02 11:45 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

my god
i just got this email from a friend
he is over 50, well educated, and very intelligent
he replied as follows

>Thank you for thinking of me and forwarding the URL.
>
>This work as explained is now an integral and major understanding in the field of Quantum Mechanics. David Bohm is now dead but he made significant contributions due to his genius/insightfulness. In depth teachings of Quantum Mechanics has been part of the schooling I have received over the seven years I have been a student at RSE.
>
>The basic law of the Universes (and there are more) is that -
>"Consciousness and Energy create the nature of reality". This is the basic law and the basis of all teachings and disciplines of the school. In truth all that we consider to be matter (animate or inanimate) is really coagulated energy. The Taoists have known and accepted this truth for millenia. As in the presented analogy of the hologram, every partical, even if ifinitesimally small, contains the entire Universe from the objective to the abstract. The scientific world has really
>proven the existence of god, but they do not realize it; because that which is described above IS - the consciousness of god, the all that is, the mind of god, collective consciousness, etc. God, Point Zero, is not only the "All that is but also the All that is not". The latter phrase is to say that god is always (eternally) becoming and will never reach perfection, for if such a state of perfection were to be attained then everything would cease to exist. Universal consciousnes and the god consciousness is one of the same; ergo each of us is a thinking thought of god; ergo each of us is god in our own right. This is what Yeshua ben Joseph taught 2000 years ago when he said, "Know ye are gods."

Contrary to what the Christian Church has advocated and offered as dogma, Yeshua was actually a teacher of Gnostic Wisdom and Ancient Gnostic Wisdom is the crux of our school (RSE).

>An electro-mechanical device is not required to travel in time. It is a trip through consciousness and it is practiced by many on this planet today.
>I may have, but I am not aware of it. Indeed the Past, Present and Future all occur in the present moment. I and my fellow students are seeking to live in the Now; because that means one is in analogical mind or one-half of two points of consciousness - the other point is Point Zero. In this state one can do ANYTHING; you think it or hold it in minds eye, and IT IS in a twinkling of an eye. So far, I have been successful in
>working healings with this discipline. On full enlightenment, one may instantly manifest matter in one's hand in the
>same manner.
>
>Our time is indeed an illusion; it is called linear time vis-a-vis the space-time of Quantum Mechanics. We sequentially experience Present and then the Future Present which gives us the illusion of linearity in time.
>
>Enough rambling - you obviously flipped my switch. Thanks again for thinking of me.

--------------------
my tax dollars going to more hits of acid for charles manson

InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

#555856 - 02/18/02 11:48 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

"On full enlightenment, one may instantly manifest matter in one's hand in the same manner."

i want to see it '

dont wanna huh? cause you know my nuts are goin' in.

--------------------

Edited by Lallafa (10/17/03 11:38 AM)

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#555859 - 02/18/02 11:52 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Ya, me too.

--------------------

InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

#555860 - 02/18/02 11:54 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

my friend sounds like shroomism

--------------------

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#555873 - 02/19/02 12:02 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

That he does. Sounds like an interesting fellow.

--------------------

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: reality questions, god, PLEASE check this out [Re: Timeleech]
    #556148 - 02/19/02 10:36 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i believe the unity of subatomic particles can occur in a higher dimension. This would mean that our 3rd dimension was warped in a 4th dimensional shape, and particles themselves, simply points of intrusion from a 4th dimensional object/geometry into our own universe of length width and height.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

OfflineStrangeDays
Bob
    #560203 - 02/22/02 09:13 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

This is what is described in Conversations with God..

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
Re: reality questions, god, PLEASE check this out [Re: Pynchon]
    #560293 - 02/22/02 11:29 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

It's an ingeneous idea, but that article is pretty self-contradictory. In a holographic universe, free will couldn't exist...yet the article implies that we can somehow choose to manipulate what we percieve as objective reality. If the universe is holographic, we're still doomed to be "trapped" in it because we're part of it, so it doesn't really advance the whole "subjective vs. objective reality" debate...

Why don't you read up on David Bohm's [implicate and explicate orders] and Karl Pribram's theories [holonomic brain], and you'll get a better grasp of Alain's. Both of these contributors have done the ground work as far as experiments to confirm their assertions.

Pribram's theory was very interesting: memories from visual domain or auditory domain is, theoretically, stored all over the brain. His experiments showed how the visual and auditory system of the brain are fourier analyzers of holograms.

I'm sure you heard of Fourier mathematics?? It's purpose is to break down complex series like movement into sine wave patterns. The brain seems to mimic the same patterns when hooked up to a machine.

So as for the subject vs objective is concerned with Bohm and Pribram, I never came across such implications except forAlain/ Bohm's: A light from a star, millions of light-years away, hitting the person's eyes ~ holds the entire map of the universe in his/her brain.. *whistle o.O

In 1982 a remarkable experiment to test quantum interconnectedness was performed by a research team led by physicist Alain Aspect in Paris. The original idea was contained in a thought experiment (also known as the "EPR paradox") proposed in 1935 by Albert Einstein, Boris Podolsky, and Nathan Rosen, but much of the later theoretical groundwork was laid by David Bohm and one of his enthusiastic supporters, John Bell of CERN, the physics research center near Geneva. The results of the experiment clearly showed that subatomic particles that are far apart are able to communicate in ways that cannot be explained by the transfer of physical signals traveling at or slower than the speed of light. Many physicists, including Bohm, regard these "nonlocal" connections as absolutely instantaneous. An alternative view is that they involve subtler, nonphysical energies traveling faster than light, but this view has few adherents since most physicists still believe that nothing-can exceed the speed of light.

Edited by ArCh_TemPlaR (02/22/02 11:32 PM)

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
Re: reality questions, god, PLEASE check this out [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #560302 - 02/22/02 11:47 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Alzheimer's disease is different. It is a neurodegenerative disease, causing neuronal dysfunction and death in many regions of the brain. And since neuroscientists believe that memories are simply patterns of activation in the brain, if activation is reduced by neuron dysfunction then memories cannot be recalled. This is different if a specific region of the brain was removed, because others parts of the brain could "pick up the slack]/b]

I could be off........ But to answer Revel's question: AD has another tendency to distort the person's perception of present reality. The person could be sitting at a table reliving some memory of that table 30 years ago.

IMO, the progressive atrophy of the neo-cortex ~ the primary 'gyro' connection between both hemispheres ~ will stop the brain from "picking up the slack." The degeneration will prohibit the person from accessing or recalling memories that are still there.

Neo-cortex is considered the most important component in brain development.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order