Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea, Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Kava Kava Soft Gels
    #5460250 - 03/30/06 03:35 PM (18 years, 21 days ago)

I just received a free sample of Kava Kava soft gels from ShamansPalace, and I wonder how many would be a good dose.

They are small yellow pills a gram or less each, and they say 84% kavalactone.

Anybody have experience with these?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: Kava Kava Soft Gels [Re: shroomydan]
    #5464905 - 03/31/06 05:42 PM (18 years, 20 days ago)

Well...

I just swallowed all three with a swig of beer. I'll let ya know if anything happens.  :laugh:

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #5465903 - 03/31/06 11:44 PM (18 years, 20 days ago)

i always liked to poke a hole in the side and just get the kava out. i would take like 13 pills and put them in one little jar.

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #5525580 - 04/17/06 03:52 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

So did anything happen dan? (I just got 3 pills as a sample)

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: Kava Kava Soft Gels [Re: Boom]
    #5525895 - 04/17/06 05:14 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

I didn't notice any effects. Maybe the mild effects were drowned out by the beer.

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
    #5526137 - 04/17/06 06:05 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

good to eat with a fatty drink liek milk or coconut milk. helps absorbtion.

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #5527345 - 04/17/06 10:26 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

shroomydan said:
I didn't notice any effects. Maybe the mild effects were drowned out by the beer.

beer and kava act on the same receptors to create the same effect. from what I understand; if anything, the beer boosted it. alot of people in fiji wont eat for up to 24 hours ahead of a giant kava session, so that they get drunk quick, and they can drink all night, while experiencing everything kava has to offer. believe me in higher doses its very psychedelic, almost like a mild tracerish trance.
I've tried 92% kavalactone tincture, downed a whole bottle and didnt feel anything.

Theres 3 main acting alkaloids in kava, Kawaiin, Yangonin, and Methysticin. From my studies on kava, ive come to the conclusion that Yangonin and Kawaiin act as the alkaloid which numbs your mouth and gives mild stimulation in a social way. Methysticin ive come to the conclusion to be similar to Myristicin, found in nutmeg. It produces a euphoria, but only if taken in high doses. It is a very drunk feeling (like a good nutmeg high), mixed with a floaty euphoria, and color tracers.

I've noticed that theres a certain amount of alkaloid you need to build up in your system before it starts to effect you. I had to drink kava for about 2 weeks straight, drinking as much as the fijians, and i didnt get drunk. I thought it was hopeless and one of those placebo things. After another week had passed, I decided to get some fresher kava and try that one more time. I got ahold of a pound or so of this 5 year old root, it had only been out of the soil 3 days and was still slightly wet. I dont think ive ever been more fucked up in my life. but anyway back on topic
I think that you need to build the alkaloids up in your system before they start to effect you. You might need to go to your local health food store and pick up a buncha powdered kava. it wont be strong at all, but if you drink a tablespoon in your milk every morning, im pretty sure after a few weeks you would have enough in your system to finaly be effected. Once thats been accomplished, you should probably try dosing again.
I've noticed muscle twitches too at high doses. Too much kava can cause loss of ability to move. This one fijian who drank almost 250 coconut high tides at a fundraiser was passing out and mumbling, saying he was having hallucinations. I've only experienced 100 coconut bowls worth in one sitting at the most. I've consumed about 6KG's of very potent root, and ive got alot of information about kava, if you have anymore questions just PM me.

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: Kava Kava Soft Gels [Re: CptnGarden]
    #5529767 - 04/18/06 02:30 PM (18 years, 2 days ago)

Kawaiin? where did you hear that name? sound more like a cultivar. maybe a different way to kavian??  dihydrokavian, and dihydromethisticin, are usually deemed the  main active principles no?

and there lactones and not alkaloids.  we know what you mean, but just for clearity :smile:

peace

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea, Kratom Capsules for Sale