Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShampioenier
Storm in aTeaCup
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: Shampioenier]
    #5883793 - 07/21/06 07:27 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

uh. I think id rather stick to tossin my dry grams into a coupla shits vodka and chuckin that in cherry juice and add some berry anthocyaniidins for my Gummi Berry Juice Recipe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: Shampioenier]
    #5885966 - 07/21/06 10:17 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

If ya look at the picture of the HOME MADE (Roto)ry Evaporator ,You will see what it dose, But for those shroomers that dont know, Geko will explain.
(but have the pic up at the same time)

A roto vap(rotory evaporator) is a flask or some other glassware that can handle heat,Because the flask sits in an oil or water bath.
And the flask sits on an angle while at the same time turning in the oil or water bath witch heats the liqued inside it,(So if its ethanol it gona boil around 75 degrees-C)
And unless there is vaccume attached the vapours will just float on out, Whitch is FINE.

d4a2n0k had the right idea just by pointing a fan blowing accross the top of the heated alky salution that is sitting in a pyrex dish.

And geko still dose it the same way just in a BIG ass pyrex dish that is about 3 inches deep and it holds about 1,1/2 litters of shroomachol.

And unless the shroomachol is boiled to dryness or given to much direct heat it can be burned.
So geko would advise NOT letting the ethanol boil, Just heat it untill there are vapours coming off the top and then turn the fan on every few seconds, (Computer fans work Great) And ya should slowly see the amount of alchol reduce lower and lower,(Also have a window OPEN or some sort of ventelation for your own SAFTEY.

--------------------
LIFE IS A BITCH, AND THEN YOU MARRY ONE.

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: geko127]
    #5886426 - 07/22/06 01:41 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

A rotovap usually has an aspirator attached to it and there is a condensor on it so the vapors don't just float on out. The vapors are usually condensed and just pissed away into the aspirator IME.

Of course, you can set it up however you want. They are amazing devices. I would love to have one.

-FF

Offlinead0130
Technical Grower
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: fastfred]
    #5892433 - 07/23/06 09:08 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I read somewhere that someone tried to make an extract from a cake, and I'm wandering if it is OK to make an extract from a fully colonised WBS jars?
Is there anything that I should be worry about soaking wbs to make an extract. I did rinse the wbs pretty good before I pc-ed them for 1h 45 min.

--------------------
Live everyday like your last day, because you never know what's going to happen tomorrow. Get high and ejnoy lfe...

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: ad0130]
    #5896811 - 07/25/06 01:31 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

From what geko has learned, That is mycelium only contains psyilocybin & psyilcon only once the mycelium has fruited--AKA shrooms.

But then again geko has also seen fully colonised substrate that brusis blue.
Geko wouldent bother, Just fruit them for maximum yeild when it comes to doing an extraction.

--------------------

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
    #5901387 - 07/26/06 09:10 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

extracts are really only for when you have a surplus of shrooms as you really lose some psilocybin in the process of extraction. when you start concentrating the slurry the main purpose is to get to extreme levels without a stomachache.

the most powerful way is to just eat the fresh or dried fruitbodies. extracing the mycelium would be weak IMO and would prolly taste like WBS when you injest it. plus, think about the weight of mycelium compared to the weight of dried fruitbodies. fruitbodies are gonna win hands down.

OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
    #5920869 - 08/01/06 02:12 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

geko127 said:
Its simple Shnezbit.
Simply crush the dry shrooms up.
Place all the shroompowder into something like a boiling flask or a coffee maker jug.
Cover the shroompowder with enough alchol to cover it all and boil it for 10-15mins.
(Use an electric heating element to avoid flames)

Boil the alcohol? What is the point of potency degradation then? I have an electric kettle, can I put the shroom mix in there, or even use a stove?

What about nuking it, how safe is using a microwave?

Quote:

And filtter through 3-4 coffee filters stacked toghether.

Then repeat with half the amount of alchol and filtter that lot aswell.

Should I boil this mixture as well?

Quote:

Then place in the frezzer for atleast an hour and go have a look, And ya shound see crysatls on the bottom of the alchol salution.

Should I close the bottle?

Sorry if I seem ignorant, just trying to verify all the steps.

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: Fospher]
    #5920961 - 08/01/06 03:34 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

be craefull if using the microwave to boil off the ethanol.
Not a kettel,Use something like a pyrex dish, Or even stainless steal,(not open flames tho) ,Or even something that be placed directly in an oil bath.
(not as harsh and its even heat)

--------------------

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
    #5921399 - 08/01/06 10:20 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

What if the flames aren't touching the container heated in, like a stove?

If the only point of heating the alc is to get a faster evaporation, could I take the longer, but safer route and just use a hairdryer?

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: Fospher]
    #5923153 - 08/01/06 08:52 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

you will be there for ages with a hair dryer, Not to mention all the dust particals that would be intreduced/blown straight into the salution.

--------------------

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5924661 - 08/02/06 07:43 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Shouldn't take that long with a hair dryer. If you spread it out into a glass pan it should go pretty quick.

-FF

Offlinedavesj1
Stranger

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: fastfred]
    #5988520 - 08/23/06 01:24 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

How fast will the potency degredation be if the final solution is stored at room temp? Im thinking about taking soem on a camping trip.

Also, would allowing the shroom powder sit in the alcohol for a little while before boiling it increase the efficiency of the extraction?

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: davesj1]
    #5990651 - 08/23/06 07:49 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

To dave, The potency will be fine as long as it's kept in a salution of alchol/ethanol.

And to ya second question, It cant hurt, Might improve overall yeild.

--------------------

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

Offlinekong
Stranger
    #5992647 - 08/24/06 01:13 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Although this may be off topic, several purveyors of fine chemicals have recently begun stocking 4-acetoxy-dmt. The Acetoxy group may easily be cleaved of in a solution of naoh, leaving 4-ho counterpart. Although this may not be necessary because the human body will "probably" do the same thing, in much the same way as 4-phos--->4-ho happens with mushrooms.

Hope this is useful for someone who enjoys the "personal" use of pure 4-ho-dmt.

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: kong]
    #5994840 - 08/25/06 01:39 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

OOkkk then :minigun: , Rightio.
Yea maybe a little bit off topic:bitchsmack:.
And cant you explain ya method or whatever it is about in the appropriate fourm:scaryshroom:.
What ya talking about is more chemistry stuff :getstoned:

--------------------

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5994960 - 08/25/06 02:20 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Hmmm... Interesting.

-FF

--------------------
It drinks the alcohol and abstains from the weed or else it gets the hose again. -Chemy

The difference between the substances doesn't matter. This is a war on consciousness, on our right to the very essence of what we are. With no control over that, we have no need to speak of freedom or a free society. -fireseed

"If we are going to have a war on marijuana, the least we can do is pull the sick and the dying off the battlefield." -Neal Levine (MPP)

I find the whole "my drug should be legal but yours should be illegal" mindset disgusting and hypocritical. It's what George Bush and company do when they drink a cocktail and debate the best way to imprison marijuana users. -Diploid

Offlinedumbsnake34
Crazy Dude
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: kong]
    #6013238 - 08/30/06 08:10 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I don't really believe you about 4-acetoxy-dmt. I am pretty sure that would be illegal.

--------------------
mmmm, daydreaming

OfflineTamadragon
Stranger
Male

Loc: CAN
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: dumbsnake34]
    #6013669 - 08/30/06 09:38 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

research chems are notorious toxic as well.

--------------------
~Tama

Peace

I get real lonely

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6178973 - 10/17/06 02:47 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
You can buy 190 proof everclear over the counter in Oregon, and several other states. It's not on the liquor store shelves, but it's in the back. They'll get it on request. Just tell them it's for extracting herbs or mushrooms like shiitake and reishi into tinctures for nutritional supplements or body oil. Lots of little old ladies in the PNW use it for that very thing.

Once you soak the material in the everclear, filter very well. I use a metal spaghetti strainer first to get the chunks out, then run it through coffee filters twice to get the smaller stuff, then run it through surgical masks(not dust masks, surgical) twice to get it cleared up. The extraction will be yellow when clean, almost like urine, and clear enough to see through a quart jar of it. Once you get the extraction clear, put it in a double boiler and boil down until you only have a shotglass or less left. Store in a tight container in the freezer. 1/2 pint jars work great for storage.
RR

ok, ready to go - powder to extract, solvent, pyrex bowl/saucepan doubleboiler, and filtration kit.

my friend flat eric's gonna use 50g of powder and has 1 litre of 72% solvent (700ml of 63% rum topped up to a litre with 300ml of ~98% ethanol). his question is this - how best to use the volumes for a three-pass extraction, eg 500ml then 300 then 200, or what? or could he get away with smaller volumes (eg 200, 200, 100) and so save half his solvent for another go in the future? he's intending to make a perfume/tincture - his powder is a legal concoction of powdered medicinal shrooms (shiitake, maitake and reishi) for arthritis treatment. eric's joints are really floppy.

he was also wondering how small a volume he could realistically hope to get his 50g extracted into - he doesn't have any problems with creating perfume crystals, in fact he reckons this would be a blast. i think he'd like to create a small pile of crystals for experimentation and a nice tincture to eyedrop onto sugar cubes - he's funny like that.

many thanks.

--------------------
buh

OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: shirley knott] * 1
    #6180369 - 10/17/06 08:33 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

A lot of chemists are saying the crystals are just useless salts and I'd tend to agree, although I'm no chemist.  I think he'd be better off stopping when he gets down to a shotglass, or even less since he's only starting with 50G.

Are all those solvents drinkable, as in non-toxic?  If so, you can boil down until you just begin to see crystals, then add a touch more everclear to make sure the good stuff stays in suspension.

There's nothing like a good old everclear shot at 7AM. :laugh:
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate