Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomballa
ShroomBalla
 User Gallery

Loc: Montana
"Hydraponic Mushroom Growing"
    #5457475 - 03/29/06 10:12 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

Has anyone else tried this?
http://forums.lycaeum.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=14&t=000036
results? (if this is a repost, please direct me to the origional)

--------------------
Anything I say is fictional. Duh.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTweexican
Clit Commander
 User Gallery
Re: "Hydraponic Mushroom Growing" [Re: shroomballa]
    #5457753 - 03/29/06 11:32 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

good stuff here but not worth the effort.

--------------------

Offlineshroomballa
ShroomBalla
 User Gallery

Re: "Hydraponic Mushroom Growing" [Re: Tweexican]
    #5457797 - 03/29/06 11:49 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

From reading his last post, it seams like it's almost no effort. Drill a hole in it, and fill with water. No humidification required, bigger, quicker flushes!!?

Quote 'bluescreen'
"-Birth your cakes.
-Toss your cakes in an acquarium, pretty much any container will work. Punch a hole in the top of the cake (top of cake should be bottom of jar) about 1/4" wide, about an inch deep. Pour water directly onto the top of your cakes and allow it to run down the sides, filling the bottom of the acquarium to about 1/2" of water.
-Cover it up.
-Give it air a few times a day.
-Mushrooms grow.
-When water level goes down, dump some more water directly onto your cakes after you've cropped the fruits.
-More mushrooms grow.
-Repeat.

Pretty simple shit, no misting, a little fanning or you can use an air pump, no sheild needed. If you see water sitting on top of you cakes for more than about 12 hours dump it off of them. Don't dab them dry or dry them at all, they should/will appear wet, and when you first dump your water over them a puddle will sit on top of the cake. The cake should absorb this within about 12 hours. If it doesn't get it all dump it off. You should be able to pull at least 5 or 6 flushes, at 10 to 30 shrooms per flush, give you have a good strain like Mazatapec, B+, Eq's, PR's, etc...

When the cakes look dead, cut them in half and expose the freshly cut side to the top. Put another 1/4" wide by 1/4" deep hole in each. Repeat the process, only keeping about 1/8th inch water in the acquarium. This should give you a few extra shrooms.

This is a very forgiving method, in fact it was discovered by trying to see just how sloppy and messy I could be about it and still have mushrooms grow. It is the best cake method I've found, and I've tried them all. They rarely get contam'd, and you can see by the dead black shrivled up hunks of vermiculite you're left with in the end that it ate every bit of nutrients to produce fruits. I would probably say you get damn near 100% weight in dry shrooms as the dry rye/rice flour you put in at the beginning. Give it a shot. Post your results, post your pictures. Good luck."

that's the final post on the tek, but def read the whole post, it's very different from normal teks.

--------------------

OfflineQavl
Nookian

#5458161 - 03/30/06 03:53 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

I've had good results with a similar tek, the voodoo tek. Probably got a different name 'round here...

Basically what you do is, using a sterilized steak knife or drill bit, dig 3 holes in the top of your cake, kinda like a bowling ball. 1/2" deep should be plenty. Using distilled water and a syringe, keep the holes full of water.

I'd also fridge dunk for 12 hours before cutting em, keep em on lids of verm and I used perlite for a humidity source. The results, for me, were noticably better than with double-ended casing. I pretty much stopped screwing around with cakes around this point or I would've flushed it out better.

Problems:
-Contams earlier/easier
-People have gotten similar/better results with other TEKs
-lot of maintenance

It's cool seeing a 40g (wet) fruitbody coming off a cake, but losing everything after the 3rd flush kinda evened out the total yield. That, and I just prefer cased dung/straw now. :smile:

--------------------
Birds of a feather...

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: "Hydraponic Mushroom Growing" [Re: Qavl]
    #5458281 - 03/30/06 05:38 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

Re-hydrating a spent cake is NOT hydroponics. Dunking and other means of hydrating were covered in TMC twenty years ago.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: "Hydraponic Mushroom Growing" [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5458299 - 03/30/06 05:46 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Dunking...covered in TMC twenty years ago

not for cubensis it wasn't.
cite page and paragraph plz.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: "Hydraponic Mushroom Growing" [Re: Hippie3]
    #5458383 - 03/30/06 06:55 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

Paul has put out several editions of TMC, and each one has different page numbers. However, he shows pictures of substrate blocks being dunked in large tubs.
RR

--------------------

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#5458488 - 03/30/06 07:35 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

shiitake, wasn't it ?
just like your straw logs, eh ?
that came from the same source,
correct ?

not cubensis.
no one was dunking cubensis 20 years ago.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #5458591 - 03/30/06 08:36 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

don't be ridiculous. the methodology was there and well known. so are you also saying that unless every species was individually named, it had neither been done nor thought of?

a straw with water going into a cake was an annex to mmgg, my first method back in 98. not much to recommend it really.

--------------------
buh

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #5458593 - 03/30/06 08:37 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

So, are you trying to tell us that putting water into a divet on a cake or casing is actually hydroponics? Or did you take Paul's tek on shiitake and use it for Cubensis, then claim to have 'invented' it? I think I know where you are going with this, as I've seen you repeatedly claim on your own site to have 'invented' dunking...lol
RR

--------------------

Thomas Edison

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #5458631 - 03/30/06 08:54 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

Before it gets ugly, hip and his site have done more to promote dunking than most, to the benefit of many cultivators. I bet as long as we give him/them that much credit, nobody really cares who "invented" it. When it comes down to it, there was a major breakthrough for many home cubensis cultivators, and this was called dunking. Dunking was demonstrated and advocated by hippie and his crew, to many people who had never heard of it. And we thank him for his efforts.

That being said, the first post of that link says that adding water to the top of your cake yields a potency of 2 x. That's retarded. As is the entire notion of hydroponic shrooms. IMHO, the humble pf cake is itself hydroponic. Hydrating a cake by setting it on moist perlite is hydroponic. Double end casing is hydroponic. Drinking straw resevoirs, interior resevoirs of plain verm, etc, it's all hydroponic.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: "Hydraponic Mushroom Growing" [Re: mycofile]
    #5458696 - 03/30/06 09:10 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

By that reasoning, watering your garden is hydroponic. That is not the intent. In hydroponics, the fluid itself contains the nutrients, and the product is grown on rocks or other inert methods of physical support.

With a pf cake or other substrate, the nutrients are in the rye or brf or compost, etc., and the water being added via the soaking process is to replace what moisture has evaporated or been consumed by the product. Such is not hydroponic. Dunking, regardless of the substrate or species involved is simply replacing moisture that has been lost during the colonization/fruiting process
RR

--------------------

Thomas Edison

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #5459360 - 03/30/06 12:28 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

I am referring more to "without soil" as a definitive characteristic of "hydroponic". Therefore rooting a houseplant in water would be hydroponic, while simply watering a garden would not.

By your reasoning, watering a garden with a liquid fertilizer would be hydroponic, which I also don't think is the intent of the word if the garden is indeed a bed of soil.

Which brings us to the simple fact that the intent of the word was always for horticulture, not mushroom cultivation. IMO, any stretching of the term to apply to mushroom cultivation opens the term up to many common mushroom cultivation practices, including growing mushrooms from a soil less media, which is most common cultivation practices.

I wish I had a dollar for everytime a well-meaning hippy at a festival bragged about the "hydroponic shrooms" for sale/back home/had best trip of his life on etc etc. There may be much to learn from applying principles from hydroponic horticulture to mushroom culture, but that does not mean that one is or ever will be the other.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #5459500 - 03/30/06 12:56 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

I agree 100%. I think it just ruffles up all our feathers a bit when we see thread titles like this one....lol.
RR

--------------------

Thomas Edison

Offlineshroomballa
ShroomBalla
 User Gallery

#5460424 - 03/30/06 04:19 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

Back on the technique in the post. Has anyone else tried anything like this? Can anyone varify any of his results? I plan on doing a test with this method soon.

--------------------

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#5460522 - 03/30/06 04:35 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Or did you take Paul's tek on shiitake and use it for Cubensis, then claim to have 'invented' it?  I think I know where you are going with this, as I've seen you repeatedly claim on your own site to have 'invented' dunking...lol
RR

paul's tek ?
paul didn't invent dunking shiitake
any more than you invented straw logs or coffee
:cool:

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#5460544 - 03/30/06 04:39 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

shroomballa said:
Back on the technique in the post. Has anyone else tried anything like this? Can anyone varify any of his results? I plan on doing a test with this method soon.

it works well enough.
see soda straw hydration method

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#5461138 - 03/30/06 06:45 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

mycofile said:
I am referring more to "without soil" as a definitive characteristic of "hydroponic".  Therefore rooting a houseplant in water would be hydroponic, while simply watering a garden would not.

By your reasoning, watering a garden with a liquid fertilizer would be hydroponic, which I also don't think is the intent of the word if the garden is indeed a bed of soil.

Which brings us to the simple fact that the intent of the word was always for horticulture, not mushroom cultivation.  IMO, any stretching of the term to apply to mushroom cultivation opens the term up to many common mushroom cultivation practices, including growing mushrooms from a soil less media, which is most common cultivation practices.

I wish I had a dollar for everytime a well-meaning hippy at a festival bragged about the "hydroponic shrooms" for sale/back home/had best trip of his life on etc etc.  There may be much to learn from applying principles from hydroponic horticulture to mushroom culture, but that does not mean that one is or ever will be the other.

Watering a garden with liquid fertilizer would be hydroponic IF the medium the plants were rooted in was non-nutritive (rock wool/coco-coir/grow rocks...)

true hydroponic mushrooms are possible. much thinking still has to be done. something like an IV of sterile nutrient solution being drip fed into a vermiculite container would be hydroponic mushrooms... If you could work out the contam issues, it would be amazing. Flush after flush after flush....  :mushroom2:

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
Re: "Hydraponic Mushroom Growing" [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5466384 - 04/01/06 04:03 AM (18 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

EquilibriuM said:
Quote:

mycofile said:
I am referring more to "without soil" as a definitive characteristic of "hydroponic".  Therefore rooting a houseplant in water would be hydroponic, while simply watering a garden would not.

Which brings us to the simple fact that the intent of the word was always for horticulture, not mushroom cultivation.  IMO, any stretching of the term to apply to mushroom cultivation opens the term up to many common mushroom cultivation practices, including growing mushrooms from a soil less media, which is most common cultivation practices.

I wish I had a dollar for everytime a well-meaning hippy at a festival bragged about the "hydroponic shrooms" for sale/back home/had best trip of his life on etc etc.  There may be much to learn from applying principles from hydroponic horticulture to mushroom culture, but that does not mean that one is or ever will be the other.

Watering a garden with liquid fertilizer would be hydroponic IF the medium the plants were rooted in was non-nutritive (rock wool/coco-coir/grow rocks...)

true hydroponic mushrooms are possible. much thinking still has to be done. something like an IV of sterile nutrient solution being drip fed into a vermiculite container would be hydroponic mushrooms... If you could work out the contam issues, it would be amazing. Flush after flush after flush....  :mushroom2:

All nerds on the shroomery team up and figure this out!

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
Re: "Hydraponic Mushroom Growing" [Re: mikeownow]
    #5466386 - 04/01/06 04:04 AM (18 years, 2 days ago)

I just got an idea, Poo water in a 10 gallon tub with a 60+ gallon fish tank filter you know the kinds with the water fall constantly circulating the water and then have fully colonised soaked verm poo cakes and pump the poo water into the cake during fruiting.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale