Home | Community | Message Board

MagicMushrooms.org
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineno2_is_delicious
Stranger
Can someone who is bipolar and manic safely trip on mushrooms?
    #5417089 - 03/18/06 10:24 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

is it safe for someone who was diagnosed as being manic and bipolar to take magic mushrooms? what are the chances of long term effects?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNirvana7
stupid doodiehead, class 7
Male

Re: Can someone who is bipolar and manic safely trip on mushrooms? [Re: no2_is_delicious]
    #5417163 - 03/18/06 10:52 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

i would not suggest it at all man, sorry to say but any phycadelic has the ability to pull latent problems such as depression and anxiety to the surface. they also have the ability to make current problems worse. i wouldnt suggest using any phycadelic but if you wanna do anything try pot, start small and build your way up. i wouldnt even do pot but if your desperate and think you can handle it, go for it!

--------------------
________zombie_________

??????? ??  :bubs:??????????:tombstone:

Nirvana7=the enlightenment AND the band

Offlineno2_is_delicious
Stranger
Re: Can someone who is bipolar and manic safely trip on mushrooms? [Re: Nirvana7]
    #5417184 - 03/18/06 10:58 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

i used to smoke pot alot, have done benzos (valium, klonopin, etc.), coke, amps, diff opiates including smack, salvia a few times, and antipsychotics like seroquel, trazidone, zyprexa, and im probibally forgetting some things... but iv been clean from everything for about 5 monthes.. could that make shrooms more potentially damaging?

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Can someone who is bipolar and manic safely trip on mushrooms? [Re: no2_is_delicious]
    #5417438 - 03/19/06 12:23 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

the answer is yes... BUT the risks are much higher, so it isnt a good idea

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Can someone who is bipolar and manic safely trip on mushrooms? [Re: danlennon3]
    #5417466 - 03/19/06 12:38 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

"could that make shrooms more potentially damaging"?

No, it will make them more natural and they will fuck with you alot less. I was actually going to say that you should stay away from all that crap before trying mushrooms, but then I read your full post. If you have these "problems", then you should take the shrooms without any drugs in your system. That way you will experience the psychedelic in a very pure way, and will have a better opportunity to understand your own problems.

Even people with anxiety have at times found mushrooms to be very hard to deal with but it heals them in the end to some degree. I mean, anxiety is a common occurance at the beginning of and psychedelic experience. People with different forms of depression should have an easier time with mushrooms than those who have real anxiety issues.

Edited by stemmer (03/19/06 12:39 AM)

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#5418124 - 03/19/06 10:23 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Manic depression = Bipolar disorder.
Are you sure you were diagnosed with both? =/

I was diagnosed with depression/bipolarity when I was extremely young. (10 years old)

Although my condition remained for a good time after that... and in fact I'm sure some would say still exists... I never opted to routinely medicate myself. (I tried SSRIs briefly but they just weren't for me)

So I can't really say much about drug interactions.

I can however tell you that some of my greatest success with understanding and coping with my depression has been inspired (assisted, if you prefer) by psychadelics.
Namely mushrooms and LSA.

On the other hand, I would also suggest problems like depression can make you more vulnerable to types of psychological damage psychadelics have been known to cause.

In the end, I would say your exact 'risk level' will be based on a combination of your:
security in your own mind
your outlook, intentions, and expectations for the drug
and your respect and responsibility with the drug.

If you want to talk about it anymore message me.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

OfflineFGL
Stranger

Re: Can someone who is bipolar and manic safely trip on mushrooms? [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #5418213 - 03/19/06 11:13 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Mushrooms have helped with my depression... if you decide to eat them be ready to no fight and let them teach you. :goodluck:

OfflineMiddleFinger
Is cooler thanyou
Male
Re: Can someone who is bipolar and manic safely trip on mushrooms? [Re: FGL]
    #5418460 - 03/19/06 01:14 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

While I wouldn't steer you away from 'shrooms alltogether, I would caution against rushing into the experience. Know the shroom. Know your environment. I think you'd benefit most from a relatively small first-time dose. Maybe 1.5-2 grams. The mushroom can be immensely therapeutic, but it can also, in some case, open some psychological wounds.

So, this is a decision that you should be confident about. If you are gonna dose, you ARE gonna dose. No back and forth. No shaky decisions. Be decisive, but take time deciding. Do research. Erowid.com is a great place to start if you haven't been there already.

Be in a safe, comfortable, and prefferrably stimulating environment.

Most of all, have fun.

--------------------
History says, Don't hope

On this side of the grave.

But then, once in a lifetime

The longed-for tidal wave

Of justice can rise up

And hope and history rhyme.

Invisibleso_me_tuo
Stranger
Re: Can someone who is bipolar and manic safely trip on mushrooms? [Re: MiddleFinger]
    #5418708 - 03/19/06 02:43 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

You should really do what you want but one of the reasons mushrooms bring stuff like that to the surface is to help you work though it. If any of you guys can get podcasts listen to psychedelic salon there is an interview with this guy who in the 60's used LSD and mushrooms to cure schizophrenic children and other crazy shit.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #5418714 - 03/19/06 02:46 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, but used with caution.

Invisibleasd11
final sky

Re: Can someone who is bipolar and manic safely trip on mushrooms? [Re: MOTH]
    #5418831 - 03/19/06 03:37 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

While bipolar people should be extremely careful with all drug use, psychedelics are MUCH, MUCH safer for them than stimulants or downers.

Offlinevegitative
Stranger
Re: Can someone who is bipolar and manic safely trip on mushrooms? [Re: asd11]
    #5418855 - 03/19/06 03:45 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

You should also be aware that it's not just psychedelics which bring these kinds of things to the surface, any drug can. The source of some of your problems could be the drugs you've taken before, if that were the case you might not get anything mind-altering from the mushrooms... Or they could just enhance the problem.

InvisibleNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Suburbia
Re: Can someone who is bipolar and manic safely trip on mushrooms? [Re: vegitative]
    #5418903 - 03/19/06 04:00 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I suffer from those conditions and I take it easy on mushrooms. You just have to make sure you're with the right people, I find.

Offlineleafing
i like the sun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Can someone who is bipolar and manic safely trip on mushrooms? [Re: Newbie]
    #5419477 - 03/19/06 07:21 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

i am a schizzoaffective bipolar. include hallucinations paranoia delusions.. ironically LSD brought the first symptoms a couple years back.. but since then Ive done LSD more time then i can remember doing it has made me more stabilized. i go in to really introspective trips,.. and determine the causes for my issues and by that i can diminish them,.. now the risk is greater with people with mental issues. but ember your mind doesn't control you you control your mind

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics"

~Leafing~

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience