Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepenexpers
Stranger
Tea.
    #5369544 - 03/06/06 01:37 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

I have been drinking a lot of tea recently. I find that I need to pass on the good word. I've been drinking Earl Grey, a very spicey black tea with oil of bergamot. I've also been enjoying some other types of tea but they all get to fancy. I like tea plain... The health benefits to tea, from what I've read, are fantastic. I have the immune system of a God. Three times this winter I've felt a virus coming on but my body fights it off. I wanted to know if anyone else drinks as much as I do (5-6 cups a day). If so/not, I urge you to drink more of it. Go get some tea and make yourself a pot. Know that you're drinking a very healthy drink. You might be lowering your chance for cardiovascular problems by 50%. Know that your body is getting rid of harmfull waste which could lead to common colds and other diseases, even cancer. Above all, there is something about tea that makes you feel much better than you were before you were drinking it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebudsicle
s?igh?tsee?r

Re: Tea. [Re: penexpers]
    #5371576 - 03/06/06 04:44 PM (18 years, 26 days ago)

mm.. tea. gotta get me another cup!

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

Re: Tea. [Re: penexpers]
    #5371634 - 03/06/06 05:00 PM (18 years, 26 days ago)

I always start my day with a cup of white tea (expensive but well worth it), then green tea with lunch and red tea (rooibos) or Chamomile before bed since they don't have caffeine. There is actually a Rooibos + Chamomile mix I really enjoy, its a good combo and relaxes me before heading to sleep. Sometimes I like black tea/chai but I'm pretty sensitive to caffeine and they bother me a bit at night. Typically I have 3-4 large cups a day (probably closer to 5-6 8oz cups) and I love the stuff. Tastes good and its soothing to drink.

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Tea. [Re: TheDude]
    #5371909 - 03/06/06 06:28 PM (18 years, 26 days ago)

chamomile seems to give a bit of a buzz.....

has anyone experimented with taking moderately excessive quantities of it? I just have one cup and I kind of get the notion that I'm mildly stoned but also under a placebo effect.

about to have myself some right now..... is it safe to drink regularly? I'm thinking I may have 2 or 3 cups tonight to see what it does.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

Re: Tea. [Re: leery11]
    #5371924 - 03/06/06 06:39 PM (18 years, 26 days ago)

I get that same light stoney feeling from chamomile too (moreso with the rooibos chamomile mix). That's why I like it before bedtime. The feeling seems to go away if I drink the stuff for more than two consecutive nights though, I guess you build a tolerance pretty quick(?).

Maybe you could make a couple cups of it and boil off the excess water so you're not drinking tons of water (always makes me pee like a madman).

From wikipedia:

German chamomile is used medicinally against sore stomach, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and as a gentle sleep aid. It is best taken as an herbal tea, two teaspoons of dried flower per cup of tea. Against sore stomach take one cup every morning without food for 2-3 months. It is also used as a mouthwash against oral mucositis.[Juneby's Medicinal Plants]. It has also acaricidal properties against certains mites, such as Psoroptes cuniculi. The primary active ingredient of the essential oil from German chamomile is bisabolol.

Seems reasonably safe to me but I'm no doctor. Everything in moderation...

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Tea. [Re: TheDude]
    #5371989 - 03/06/06 07:03 PM (18 years, 26 days ago)

heck i don't mind excess water, it helps you maintain good energy levels [as in chi/prana] and keeps you sleeping lightly, to help with lucid dreaming.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinepenexpers
Stranger
Re: Tea. [Re: leery11]
    #5372653 - 03/06/06 10:26 PM (18 years, 26 days ago)

I might try chamomile after smoking some herb then. :wink:

There are tons of teas at this house and all of them are so "industrial" if that makes any sense. All of them are mixed and taste foul. Earl Grey and plain green tea have been my friends though.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale