Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Finally! [Re: shroomydan]
    #5361398 - 03/03/06 12:28 PM (18 years, 30 days ago)

one last question, would it be a bad thing to leave a towel or something underneat the pots to soak up the excess water? I dont have any potting trays available to me right now and i dont want to get water everywhere and start an electrical fire lol.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewietstocker
product ofevolution

Loc: Cranium, PNW
Re: Finally! [Re: coda]
    #5362137 - 03/03/06 04:15 PM (18 years, 30 days ago)

Water no more than once a week?!??!? Maybe if you had larger pots that hold lots more water at saturation... I'd be careful if you plan on following that kind of advice for the containers you're working with now however.

--------------------
Echoes

Offlineduggan18
Stranger
Re: Finally! [Re: wietstocker]
    #5362537 - 03/03/06 06:25 PM (18 years, 30 days ago)

i thought you were supposed to water every 2-3days

Offlinewietstocker
product ofevolution

Loc: Cranium, PNW
Re: Finally! [Re: duggan18]
    #5366135 - 03/04/06 11:43 PM (18 years, 29 days ago)

There are so many factors that contribute to water loss that its silly to use a set frequency... that being said, I would probably find myself watering every 3 days with pots of that size.

--------------------
Echoes

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Finally! [Re: wietstocker]
    #5368227 - 03/05/06 06:32 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

yah, i have to refer to the grow bible i have since OG went down. It doesnt have information on watering seedlings, just plants in general. The book suggests watering and fertilizing once a week. It seemed like fine advice to me especially because every book i read say that the more you water and fertilize your plant the more damage you can possibly do to them.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
    #5368767 - 03/05/06 09:48 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

first of all... congrats on your new advanture!

weitstocker gave some excelent advice regarding watering...
you should deffently saturate the soil to the point it leeks (but not pours) it also helps keep salts from bogging the rootball if you fertelize alot
after it's been soaked lift it up and have a feel how much it waighs then do the same once you notice the plants leaves droop a little (when it's thirsty) and you'll get a feel for when it's dry
don't follow a certine time schedual for watering... it's much better to let the plant tell you! that way the plant should have a wet/dry cycle (which is much better then a constant moist level!)

if the electicety bill is not an issue i suggest using the HPS right now... if you're afraid of over loading them or something like that you can put it a little higher and then slowly bring it closer to the optimum distance.

good luck!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Finally! [Re: Simisu]
    #5369505 - 03/06/06 01:24 AM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Yah, i dunno, im wary of using the HPS right now because there's no ventilation setup whatsoever in that closet. At the very least id have to go out and buy a floor fan to help move the air in there, im too worried about the light skyrocketing the temps in the closet without me being able to do anything. At least with the fluoro's i can keep things consistent until i can get my blower setup.

--------------------

-JG

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

#5369859 - 03/06/06 04:56 AM (18 years, 28 days ago)

in that case you better work out the ventilation befor intreducing the HPS you're right!

BTW you should have both ventilation and a fan to move the air around... (espacialy later when they're all growen up and are covering all the space)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#5370676 - 03/06/06 12:11 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

yah, im at a serious cross road with my grow room setup.

Heres my problem, i live in a townhouse (row type apartments). This restricts me on how i can exhaust the air and bring in fresh air. I dont have access to a chimmeny and i sure as hell cant run a duct out my window since it faces out into the parking lot. If i keep it in my closet im going to have to cut holes in my door to allow for exhaust and intake ducts. I want to avoid this because its hard to explain why there are two holes cut in the door. On top of that id have to buy a new door when i move out in august.

So right now im looking at two options (IME).

One: take the door completely off and run ducting across the ceiling into my other room which has windows facing the back. Here i can camoflauge the exhaust, no one walks through my back anyways since its small and there's not much room to hang out.

Two: Frame out and construct either a 4x4 or 8x8 grow room. Use 2x3's for the frame and mylar for the walls. This would give me a little more space to work, afford me a little bit more flexibilty on the exhaust and intake, and also give my babies a bit more room to grow (or more space for more plants). However its a bit difficult to explain why you're bringing in 2x3's into the house, and i dont have a car large enough to transport all this lumber. Not only that id have a large ass grow setup just chilling in plain sight.

Decisions decisions. Anyone have any suggestions? The closet method is stealthier but still not 100% hidden. The grow room offers a bit more options but is very obvious. What would you do?

Also, some of my plants leaves are turning a slight yellow. Is this normal at this stage in growth or could they be suffering from a N deficiency already? Is this also a sign of low water? I watered them on fri before i left but havent been able to water them again since i ran out of distilled water (my tap water is pretty hard and i dont have a reverse osmosis machine). Suggestions?

Thanks guys, damn, growing mushrooms is a million times easier then this lol. I purchased a jorge cervantes grow dvd at a NORML conference this past weekend. It just seems that there's so much more to do compared to mushies.

--------------------

-JG

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

#5371406 - 03/06/06 04:07 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

it really depends how your place is built...
i've heard people use the sewage (sp?) to stelthily exaust the grow room air... that might be a good option for you (though you'd need to do a little plumbing)

the saying goes "better safe then sorry"
i bet you'll work it out somehow though you should have thought about it befor! the key to a good cannabis grow is a good plan/setup

--------------------

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #5371423 - 03/06/06 04:12 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

I say you cut up your ceiling its easy to cover up a couple holes with a couple of ceiling vents.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Finally! [Re: Stonerguy]
    #5371500 - 03/06/06 04:28 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Simsiu- Due to me being a stoner i never finalized grow room details with my partner. Our original plan had to be scrapped because he needed to take on a roomate, his closet was better suited for this then mine is.

I did come up with an idea tho, if i get a sheet of plywood cut to the door size i can modify the ply wood and just take the door off the hinges. This way i can throw the door up without having to replace it, plywood is cheap and easy to work with, and id be able to keep it in my closet.

If the carbon filter completely scrubs the air of odor then i could just crack a window to draw in fresh air and keep all intake and output ducting within the closet.

--------------------

-JG

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#5374637 - 03/07/06 03:03 PM (18 years, 26 days ago)

Hmm is it normal to see the plants leaves start turning a little yellow so early? I know its usually a sign of a nitrogen deficiency but i didnt think id have to be fertilizing them so early.

--------------------

-JG

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
    #5376701 - 03/08/06 06:59 AM (18 years, 25 days ago)

a picture say's alot...
which leaves are you talking about though? top or bottom?
how meny sets of leaves have you got by now?

unless you planted it in poor soil (which i doubt) there's no reason for a deficiancy this early... it maybe be other things like lighting or heat or something of that sort
personally i wouldn't want to fertilize AT all (maybe a couple of times for the whole grow) it's much better to start out with rich composted soil and let nature take it course (IMO anyway... which i have to mention is NOT out of expiriance unfortunatly... but i've educated my self for a long time about this and it just seems to be the better option (for a bigginer anyway... once you get the handle on ferts i bet you could use them better and have better results but not on a first grow... there's just too much risk IMO)

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#5377320 - 03/08/06 11:57 AM (18 years, 25 days ago)

There that should help you guys out a bit, i dont know why i didnt do that before :wink:

I think the soil used was miracle gro pro mix?  It wouldnt have been my first choice but i had no control over that since another person started our plants for us.  I trusted him because he's done many successful grows (ive smoked his herb, it was DAMN good).

Like you noted im EXTREMELY wary of using fertilizers, i want this to go as simply as possible.  I understand the basics behind them, how to use them, and signs of specific nutrient deficiencies as well as ratios to use during specific grow periods.  My thoughts are that the plants leaves are just naturally dying off as new ones come in, but i just wanted to make sure so i could catch anything now instead of later.

Ive also been informed that the AT strain does not like going from 24/0 to 12/12, it needs to be "weaned" off of the full light cycle by minutes each day until it reaches 12/12.  I guess that would explain the 70-90 day flowering period.

My plants still remain at about 2-2 1/2 inches tall.  My HPS should be going up by this weekend i just havent had time to stop by the hydro shop and pick up a blower.

--------------------

-JG

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

#5377355 - 03/08/06 12:22 PM (18 years, 25 days ago)

i wouldn't be too worried about that... they look alright imo...
they do need more then one flurecent though!

you should also get some good soil and new pots so you'd be ready to transplant when the time comes!

keep us updated (it's been a while since i've followed a weed grow log :smile: )

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#5377385 - 03/08/06 12:34 PM (18 years, 25 days ago)

well, i was running my fluor per dans suggestion.  Two 40 watt T12 bulbs in a 48 inch ballast.  One cool, one warm, didnt think id need more then that, i dont think i have room in that closet for another fluro ballast.  Guess ill have to put the HPS up ASAP.

Ill definitely be updating this log, but since herb grows so slow there's not much to update on for weeks at a time.  Best believe ill be asking a shit ton of questions tho. :smile:

Thanks for the help guys, both my friend and I arent expecting to get super heady nugs, or even a heavy yield, but we do want to see at least some buds by the end of this.  We're treating this as our practice run, i would have preferred to start out with an easier strain such as a NL cross, but that didnt happen either :wink:

--------------------

-JG

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

#5377829 - 03/08/06 02:52 PM (18 years, 25 days ago)

ha sorry... thought that was just one floru...

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#5377901 - 03/08/06 03:11 PM (18 years, 25 days ago)

its cool.

Some new developments tho, now im utterly confused. Buddy ran over to the hydro shop today and layed out our situation for the guy, he firmly believes its a nute problem. I dont think he's saying this to sell us product either because last time we were there he wasnt trying to sell us the most expensive items he has. Truly put off a good vibe and i felt that he was looking out for our best interests.

So this is what im thinking of doing. Im going to go over and buy the fertilizer he suggests, im going to take two or three of the worst looking plants and feed them, if they show marked improvemnt in the next few days i will feed the other plants the same amount.

The way i figure it is this, if i fuck up i only lose a few seedlings, it sucks because the good ones may turn out to be all males, but ill still have plants in the end. So if it works im good to go and on my way, if it fails im only out a few plants and start back at square one.

Goddamn, you think after reading about this shit for a while you'd feel confident growing. It's one thing to read about feeding, and nutes, and this and that, its a whole other world actually doing the work. Ah, i suppose that will go away after a few harvests, but still growing weed has so many parameters its hard to get a solid footing.

--------------------

-JG

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#5382056 - 03/09/06 04:33 PM (18 years, 24 days ago)

Welp, after a nice long talk with my guy over at the hydro shop (man i love going in there, come harvest time best believe im inviting him over for a taste test) and he firmly believes its a nute problem.  He told me to mix it at 1/4 strength (1/2 tsp to 1 gal of water) and feed them. 

Well, i took his advice, dove headfirst, and fed all my plants since they all show signs of yellowing.  They also seem to be growing very slowly, ive had them for a week and there's not much change in them.  Hopefully by me feeding them ill fix it and can go on my merry way, if not its back to square one lol.

When im watering them it seems to take a bit to get the water to saturate the soil, it just pools on the surface and sits there for 15-20 seconds before soaking up.  Once the soil gets a little soaked it drains quicker, is this normal.  Also, when watering the plants i soak the soil until i see some drips coming from the bottom, wait til that water drains, put a little more, and then sit in a tray so i can water the others.  Sound about right?  The pots stop dripping after a minute or two, im just wondering if im giving them enough.

Thanks in advance :smile:

--------------------

-JG

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order