Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: OrizonsHorizon]
    #5289039 - 02/11/06 03:29 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

In 1994, a national high school survey indicated that more seniors in the US abuse ritalin than are prescribed ritalin.
that is more than 10 years ago!

I have yet to meet one college student that doesnt snort Adderall.
These drugs are made so easily available... keep in mind all the people who have died and will die from taking these drugs under the guise of being "good" and "ok".

There is not one definitive study which scientifically proves that ADD/ADHD is caused by bad brain chemistry.

In 1995 The US manufactured and consumed five times more MPH (ritalin) than the rest of the world COMBINED.

we are just one big amphetamine loving country!

and what is the difference of quoting dosage if all these people have died so far on the PRESCRIBED dosage?
atleast with meth you know what you are taking, you know that it is bad and you arent under the impression that it is just "balancing you out".

Both drugs have been used for theraputic and medicinal purposes, and both are being equally abused.

let me ask you this.... would you be ok taking meth at 10mg a day for years? or would you feel better taking 30 mg a day of amphetamines?
what if I wanted to put your child on 10mg of methamphetamine a day.... what would you say to that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDmonikal
Bareback up inthis neden
Male User Gallery

Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #5289075 - 02/11/06 03:46 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

You can do rails of Ritalin and it will get you high. Adderal itself IS Amphetamine just called something else so people will take speed as a prescription. Amphetamine and drugs similar to them (ephedrine, methcathanone, cathanone, meth, coke, nicotine, MDMA, Methylphenidate (Ritalin), caffeine, etc etc. Certainly will cause heart attacks and strokes at high doses. For those taking Adderal (literally amphetamine) you ARE taking crank, expect the same problems related to it. The pharmaceutical companies love to confuse people with fancy names. I mean seriously would you give your child a prescription for pure amphetamine if you knew what it was. Soulless bastards.

--------------------
Give your money or your life
Take 'em both for all I care
Dump your bullets right here

Edited by Dmonikal (02/11/06 03:48 PM)

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: Dmonikal]
    #5289211 - 02/11/06 04:13 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

This just proves that its not the methly group that makes meth bad. its the ampetimine part. I hear asprin is made by addeding the methly group to spearment so That also proves that its not the methly group. If the media or some one would inform the parents that ampetimine and methampetimine only very by the methly group being added whos effect is that the human body has to work harder and longer to brake it down and matabolize it.

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

OfflineOrizonsHorizon
Stranger
Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: onetime]
    #5289562 - 02/11/06 05:53 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

In 1994, a national high school survey indicated that more seniors in the US abuse ritalin than are prescribed ritalin.
that is more than 10 years ago!

This statistic basically states that for every person who is prescribed Ritalin?there are another 2 whom have tried it atleast once without a prescription (in other words, abused) 100% of those kids whom smoke Mariguana (outside the California clinics) are abusing the drug.

Quote:

I have yet to meet one college student that doesnt snort Adderall.

and what is the difference of quoting dosage if all these people have died so far on the PRESCRIBED dosage?

I list dosages because people use the epidemic of Crystal Meth for grounds to presecuute adderall?and it is just not an adequate comparison. I also don?t consider the above quotes as grounds to accuse the drug because you are citing people who are abusing-outsourcing a chemical that medicine is intending for another purpose. NO more than I can accuse Walgreens, the FDA, or ROBOtussin for OTC cough syrup that some ignorant fuks choose to fry there brain with a 600mg+ Dex habit. Look at the Dmonikals statement ?Of you are on adderall?you are doing crank? that?s the mindset of the ignorant and it drives the propaganda machine just as much as Pharm companies drive theres'.

Quote:

There is not one definitive study which scientifically proves that ADD/ADHD is caused by bad brain chemistry

There hardly exists any definite studies that scientifically proves bad brain chemistry with any psychological disorder from ADD to Schizophrenia.

Quote:

In 1995 The US manufactured and consumed five times more MPH (ritalin) than the rest of the world COMBINED.

Medicine is advanced in the US that is no secret?you will find statistics such as this consistent with all medicine when comparing US > World.

Quote:

Both drugs have been used for theraputic and medicinal purposes, and both are being equally abused.

25 deaths out of 2,500,000-3,000,000?and I cant justify that, nobody can but this is often the argument anti-Cns stimulant advocates usually fall back upon ?For the children? ?Tell there parents how there death?s were vindicate? Yet, there are ratios much more devastating than those for pharms on the market that don?t get much attention. These statistics are just a relative as that of allergic reactions?unusual individual reaction.

I do believe the fashion in which these drugs are being prescribed today needs revision (those 25 deaths could have been avoided if the doc monitored vitals) I think the choice should be moreso in the hands of those whom are being prescribed the drug once they?ve reached an age where they can make an educated informed decision.. But that?s more of a fight between politicians, FDA and MD management ---not between society and Ampheatimes. These drugs already have the most restricted form of regulation put on them that?s on paper---unless you intend these CNSS?s to be listed as a Schedule I?theres nowhere else for them to go.

Quote:

let me ask you this.... would you be ok taking meth at 10mg a day for years? or would you feel better taking 30 mg a day of amphetamines?
what if I wanted to put your child on 10mg of methamphetamine a day.... what would you say to that?

Im not aware of the effects of Dexosyn so whether or not Id be OK with myself being on 10mg of Meth for years depends moreso on it?s effectiveness rather than the principle of it being Meth. I don?t hold any resentment towards Meth than I do adderall as along as the person receiving the MED is being closely monitored by a Doc each month and that person is of age where he can assess the dangers/benefits and make a informed decision from there.

My 16yr old brother whom is on 20mg adderall per day needs a consultation each month where all vitals are taken and he's asked about negative sideeffects b4 he is authorized the script...he knows the risks and doesnt take on weekends or holdidays. Thats the correct way these drugs should be prescribed/administed---IM not gonna be put into a position where I have to defend doctors exploiting the MEd or college kids snorting amps off the black market. That battle doesnt exists on this forum of legislation

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: Dmonikal]
    #5289588 - 02/11/06 06:08 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dmonikal said:
You can do rails of Ritalin and it will get you high. Adderal itself IS Amphetamine just called something else so people will take speed as a prescription. Amphetamine and drugs similar to them (ephedrine, methcathanone, cathanone, meth, coke, nicotine, MDMA, Methylphenidate (Ritalin), caffeine, etc etc. Certainly will cause heart attacks and strokes at high doses. For those taking Adderal (literally amphetamine) you ARE taking crank, expect the same problems related to it. The pharmaceutical companies love to confuse people with fancy names. I mean seriously would you give your child a prescription for pure amphetamine if you knew what it was. Soulless bastards.

haha.. whatd you do copy and paste that from some other website :lol: ... you lost all credibility with " adderall itself is amphetamine" .. cause adderall itself is a combonation of three different amphetamine analouges,dextro-amp levo-amp r-amp there is no regular amphetamine in adderall.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
    #5289591 - 02/11/06 06:10 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

annoying :cruelworld:      ... ditch the all yellow lettering dOOd

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #5289630 - 02/11/06 06:29 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

It isnt just 25 people who have died from these drugs.... that is just the recent group from Adderall XR.

It isnt curing anything, it is abating mental problems under the guise of legitimate health care. There is no difference between some depressed or nervous guy doing meth to "norm him out" than there is a high school student taking amphetamines to "normal him out".

It is an unneccesary drug which is highly over prescribed and made extremely easy to get. You no longer have to be a psychiatrist to prescribe amphetamines (schedule 2 drug I might add) to a 3 year old, you only have to be a regular MD.

Amphetamines have been packaged and marketed thousands of different ways over the years, sold legally to people to cure everything from slight coughs to tennis elbow.

read up on the history of some of these pharm corps... like Merck, which initially developed and manufactured amphetamines for nazi soldiers, and since then has changed the trendy drug name and its supposed cure and sold it.

1 in 4 children in America right now is on some sort of amphetamine. 1 in 4.... those are pretty fucked up odds.... I mean, we as a human race have really somehow magically evolved within one generation to having 25% of our offspring have this amazingly inexplicable genetic predisposition to not being able to concentrate.

It isnt about drug abuse, it is about medicating children, as young as 3 years old, with schedule 2 drugs so that they can study better. Are you honestly condoning that type of justification?
I can imagine plenty of drugs which can help you study better, but I would be jailed for giving it to a kid.

It is a quick fix and a wrong assumption... efficacy is not the only thing which should get a drug through the FDA, even in the face of unknown causes we give children drugs with side effects, which all claim to only "treat symptoms" while in the same breath give a long list of side-effects.

i dont think our children are sick, our society is sick, and we are trying to get the quick effortless fix and all the while placing our children in harms way due to our laziness and ignorance regarding the situation.
Dont you get it? we are saying that kid A is normal, because he can sit there with his hands folded and read a book, and that Kid B is a genetic freak because he cannot act perfectly uniform as Kid A.
Maybe it is our approach towards education and the hollywood bastardized vision of what is normal and happy that needs to change, and not the drugging of children under false advertising and buzz words.

OfflineOrizonsHorizon
Stranger
    #5289922 - 02/11/06 08:14 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

>>medicating children, as young as 3 years old, with schedule 2 drugs so that they can study better. Are you honestly condoning that type of justification?

If you actually read my response, you would of noticed that I do have a conflict with how these drugs are being prescribed...but that is not a variance with amphetamines in and of itself---thats a discord of idiosyncratic practices that exist with modern day medicine and social dogma. Im not gonna hold amphetamine legality accountalbe because some Doc prescribed some guy DEX for "tennis elbow" no more than Im gonna hold the legality of narcotics accountable for some DOc prescribing Oxycontin for a hangnail or Xanax for Diareha....if that shit is happening then they need to be addressed individiually.

All psychiatric drugs provide no Cure---its all treatemnt. My cousin takes Dilantin for eppilepsy and probably will have to his whole life..thats a treatment. Are you saying a MED needs a cure in order to be prescribed? Than go after every other SSRI-ANti-psyhotic, opiade drug on the market.

Let me ask you this: IF amphetamines were never a recreational drug, the nazis were never prescribed them and the negative Documentation for MEth abusers never existed, would you still have such a resentment with CNS stimulanrs as you do now?

Is ADD overly diagnosed and amps overly prescribed? Perhaps---but there are people whom truly do benefit from this medication and any more legislative restriction would deprive those that is does help. The focus needs no be shifted away from the substance of the drug and more towards these individual cases of malpractice.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #5290621 - 02/12/06 01:06 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

All psychiatric drugs provide no Cure---its all treatemnt. My cousin takes Dilantin for eppilepsy and probably will have to his whole life..thats a treatment. Are you saying a MED needs a cure in order to be prescribed? Than go after every other SSRI-ANti-psyhotic, opiade drug on the market.

if you frequented the health forum here you would see that I do.

Quote:

Let me ask you this: IF amphetamines were never a recreational drug, the nazis were never prescribed them and the negative Documentation for MEth abusers never existed, would you still have such a resentment with CNS stimulanrs as you do now?

YES! as I said in my previous post, my problem mainly focuses on the fact that our search for the cause, or root, of these problems is facetious. It has no scientific proof after 20 years, yet we still try to go down the same path to discover the root.
My main problem with this whole ordeal is the drugging of children due to capitalism and ignorance. Psychiatry has a horrible history of being completely wrong regarding mental health. Until 1992, they claimed that homosexuality was a mental disease. 1992! I could understand that from 1975 doctors, but only until 13 or so years ago did they finally say they were completely wrong.

Dont you think that the cause and effect is backwards in all this?
this is the way I see it: we have a society, which has illusory rules that dictate what is normal and "mentally stable", and we attempt to make everyone fit that mold, not loosely, but very strictly... to the point that if a child does not raise his/her hand to speak in school, they can be prescribed schedule 2 drugs.

Isnt it easier to say that our rigid rules of society are the faulty concepts, being man-made and all, and not our children, or our brains? It is as if we have taken our definition of what is normal more serious and concrete than the actions and behaviours of people.

we are trying to force kids into a social mold which is not indicitave for them to learn, so instead of changing the system, we change the kids biochemistry and drug them into normalcy?

can anyone else say Brave New World?

Quote:

Is ADD overly diagnosed and amps overly prescribed? Perhaps---but there are people whom truly do benefit from this medication and any more legislative restriction would deprive those that is does help. The focus needs no be shifted away from the substance of the drug and more towards these individual cases of malpractice.

efficacy alone does not merit the drugging of children. Just because something works (at masking), does not mean it is THE ANSWER.

we arent depriving anyone of anything, there are plenty of street drugs that are exactly the same as Adderall which they can consume if they wish, but it should not be done so under the guise of safety which the FDA is supposed to give us.

Just keep your ear to the ground for the monthly news that comes out regarding black box warnings, FDA advisory panel members being affiliated directly with the drug they are advising on (both of these already happened), and negligence lawsuits with legitimate class action claims.

Im willing to bet you that Adderall is yanked from the market before it turns 2007. we can make an honest wager, witnessed by all these fine shroomerites.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#5290832 - 02/12/06 05:35 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

OrizonsHorizon said:
There would be a huge difference because Dexosyn (which I have never seen being prescribed) is alot more potent that adderall. EVen if a time released form of Meth did exist, replacing 10mg once a day for 15mg of adderall in the morning and again in the afternoon would probably be a appropriate compaison.

fuck it..

fuck meth.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#5291833 - 02/12/06 03:38 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

psilocyberin said:
Im willing to bet you that Adderall is yanked from the market before it turns 2007. we can make an honest wager, witnessed by all these fine shroomerites.

ill take that.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: fresh313]
    #5291854 - 02/12/06 03:49 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

whatcha wanna wager?

how about the loser has to post whatever the winner wants in avatar, signature and space below name?

Offlinemediman0078
Stilllooking.....

Loc: Here, there, EVERYWHERE
    #5291864 - 02/12/06 03:53 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

That could be embarrassing... TAKE IT! I wanna see what nastiness can come of this...:evil:

Edited by mediman0078 (02/12/06 03:54 PM)

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: mediman0078]
    #5291886 - 02/12/06 04:00 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

if i win u have to goto the doctor and get an Rx of adderall and give some away during finals or something

ill post whatever u want if i lose , or whatever u wanna wager.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: fresh313]
    #5292062 - 02/12/06 05:11 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fresh313 said:
if i win u have to goto the doctor and get an Rx of adderall and give some away during finals or something

ill post whatever u want if i lose , or whatever u wanna wager.

oh jeez.... doesnt that just prove my point further.... that it is quite feasible for me to "go to the doctor and get a Rx for Adderall"?

I think the terms need to be equal.... I wouldnt ever take Adderall.

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #5292095 - 02/12/06 05:26 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Isnt it easier to say that our rigid rules of society are the faulty concepts, being man-made and all, and not our children, or our brains? It is as if we have taken our definition of what is normal more serious and concrete than the actions and behaviours of people.

we are trying to force kids into a social mold which is not indicitave for them to learn, so instead of changing the system, we change the kids biochemistry and drug them into normalcy?

This is my 2nd favorite quote from the shroomery now.

I also interprit it as not only kids do we force this on but, we also do it to ourselves and other people of age.

I mean doctors are prescribing pills like they are candy. I swear more than half of the fucking USA population is on some sort of medication that they REALLY don't need.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder