Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: Stonerguy]
    #5286192 - 02/10/06 02:37 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Dont forget heroin!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: Himejime]
    #5286314 - 02/10/06 03:19 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Himejime said:
good thing I have been taking these everyday for like 3 years, I do have really small heart pains sometimes and I notice that it makes my muscles sore and my back sore and gives me a runny nose every time I take it, I went to the doctor with those complaints and he said no one has had those symptoms, then I left and just ignored all my symptoms havent been back. In 3 years I have only seen my doctor once to get ritalin, he never gives me check ups to see if im in good shape still he just writes up the perscription when my mom stops in and she can get them for me without me being there.

Really now? Because in my area a general practicioner prescribing ritalin with enough refills to last that long would be faced with some pretty large fines.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: RedNucleus]
    #5286340 - 02/10/06 03:29 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I remember last year alone there were 23 children which died due to Adderal XR.

here are some links regarding this....

http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/InfoSheets/HCP/adderalHCP.htm
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=19972

and
Quote:

Linked to 20 deaths, Shire Pharmaceuticals' Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder drug Adderall was suspended by Health Canada, resulting in a ten per cent drop in the UK company's shares, according to a Bloomberg report.

The US FDA instead, citing their evaluation of Adderall before approval of the drug, says it has no plans to change the status of the drug in the United States.

This uncovers a fault in the regulation of pharmaceutical drugs: the absence of ongoing monitoring of the "performance" and especially the safety of drugs. Once approved, it appears that the FDA relies on voluntary reporting by the drug companies to tell it about side effects - a bit like having the fox guard the hen house.

According to Senator Grassley of Iowa, the US agency has even asked its Canadian counterpart not to suspend the drug. Grassley is quoted in the article, published in the New York Times, as saying that the Food and Drug Administration had made the request of Canadian health officials because the F.D.A. could not handle another "drug safety crisis."

Why is there such a difference in the treatment of the drug's safety problems by Canadian and US authorities? One reason may be a difference in the laws of the two countries, where Canadian legislation allows suspension of a drug while security concerns are investigated, while US law apparently does not support such a course of action.

Another reason is that there seems to be a much closer relation of the pharmaceutical industry and the FDA than there is to corresponding agencies in other countries. After all, the FDA is looked upon as a "lead agency" in drug approvals and drug safety. Expanding sale of drugs to other countries is much easier after FDA approval has been obtained.

That would presume that the FDA is upholding the highest standards on drug safety, which however does not seem to be the case. Perhaps the agency should take a cue from National Institutes of Health chairman Dr. Elias Zerhouni, who, according to the LA Times, says that consulting payments from drug companies are "a systemic problem" and asks for an ethics summit, a forum for wider discussion on conflicts of interest in medical research

Invisiblemagikgrl
~Inevitable~
Female User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #5286406 - 02/10/06 03:58 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I've also been prescribed them, but don't take em. The adderall helped at first but then sucked, and gave me crazy side effects, i still have minor heart pains, which i should go get checked. The only stimulant I take, when I need it, is provigil. But thats not considered a ADHD drug, its more for narcoleptic, and excessive daytime sleepiness(which i have)My dumb ass friends however, think its a great idea to combine Adderall and ecstasy

--------------------

"In the 60s people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal...go figure."

Becoming human was not part of the plan...

I wish I could be as high as my tolerance-danlennon

Reality is a crutch for those that can't cope with drugs.

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: daimyo]
    #5286430 - 02/10/06 04:05 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

yeah this shit was on the news last night local and national. The Problem is that no one mentions that the only differant be tween amphedimine and methamphedimine is the methly group. And the methly group seems to only prolong the effects and make it so that your body has a harder/longer time degesting it. This is why spearment+methly group=asprin and that shit is safe as hell. So the problem isnt "meth" the problem amps legal or illegal , and with or with out the methy group.

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: onetime]
    #5287126 - 02/10/06 08:00 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

So is it better to speed up your heart or to slow it down? Niether right? It would have to be implied that every drug can kill you. Downers and Uppers, hey even cannabis can kill you. Just ask WiccanSeeker about that one.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: onetime]
    #5287843 - 02/11/06 02:10 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

onetime said:
yeah this shit was on the news last night local and national. The Problem is that no one mentions that the only differant be tween amphedimine and methamphedimine is the methly group. And the methly group seems to only prolong the effects and make it so that your body has a harder/longer time degesting it. This is why spearment+methly group=asprin and that shit is safe as hell. So the problem isnt "meth" the problem amps legal or illegal , and with or with out the methy group.

yes, the only difference between methamphetamines and amphetamines is the methyl group which makes the compound more fat soluble, which means that it is absorbed quicker.
I dont think we would have in america the increasingly obtuse prescription drug addiction/dependancy if we informed parents that they were in fact placing their children on a drug which had an ever so slight chemical variation to methamphetamines.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#5287894 - 02/11/06 03:52 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

meth is alot different then amph

maybe molecularly they are similar

meth is about 10x+ as powerful.

physically, and psychologically.

its apps and o's

amph is safe in moderation

just like ephedra was safe in moderation

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: fresh313]
    #5287910 - 02/11/06 04:27 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

nothing is safe. not even the air we breathe or the water we drink.

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: fresh313]
    #5288665 - 02/11/06 01:14 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fresh313 said:
meth is alot different then amph

maybe molecularly they are similar

meth is about 10x+ as powerful.

physically, and psychologically.

its apps and o's

amph is safe in moderation

just like ephedra was safe in moderation

erowid kind of disagree's with you....

Quote:

Another thing to note when talking about the differences in the amphetamine-class stimulants is that one of the strange effects of current culture is that particular drugs are demonized in the news, entertainment media, government information, and school curricula. Methamphetamine is particularly demonized, amphetamine somewhat less so, even though amphetamine-related stimulant drugs -- including methylphenidate (Ritalin), amphetamine (Adderall, Dexedrine), & methamphetamine (Desoxyn) -- are commonly prescribed for children from as young as age 3. All three of these can lead to difficult-to-break habits and can become a problem for some people who try them. But the marketing teams of the pharmaceutical companies do what they can to soothe parents' concerns by separating the image of street-speed users from the clean, clinical, healthy use of their products.

Offlinemediman0078
Stilllooking.....

Loc: Here, there, EVERYWHERE
    #5288714 - 02/11/06 01:29 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yup... the image is the only difference... and the purity. At least the pharm stuff isn't made with brake fluid and garage distilled ammonia....

None of it is appropriate for long term use, especially in kids... that's just asking for cardiac and vascular problems.

--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: mediman0078]
    #5288795 - 02/11/06 01:53 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I just love how some people on here can go on and on about how the government tells lies about the drugs they take, but still take any and all comments regarding "other drugs"....
as if you couldnt possibly be swayed and conditioned to associate bad/worse/negative ideas to drugs.

The difference between meth and amphetamines is about the same difference between crack and cocaine.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
    #5288813 - 02/11/06 01:59 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

neh... its a little more different then just crack/coke... those are still the exact same molecule. just ones in baseform and ones in acid

heroin to morphine would be a little more apt of an analogy. for meth to amp

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: Infrared]
    #5288828 - 02/11/06 02:04 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

no, you see, the only difference is that one is absorbed faster, as opposed to slowly being absorbed.

maybe crack/cocaine was a bad analogy.... its more like taking 5 shots all at once, as opposed to 5 shots over the course of an hour.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#5288833 - 02/11/06 02:06 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

no, you see, the only difference is that one is absorbed faster, as opposed to slowly being absorbed.

my analogy was perfect.. the only difference between heroin and morphine is that one is absorbed faster :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: Infrared]
    #5288842 - 02/11/06 02:09 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

ok, and if you asked a random person on the street which drug was worse: heroin or morphine..... which do you think they would say?

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#5288849 - 02/11/06 02:12 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

random people are dumb, of course theyll say heroin.. cause its illegal and been demonized... just like how theyll say meth is worse than any other amp.. cause its been demonized

--------------------

OfflineOrizonsHorizon
Stranger
    #5288868 - 02/11/06 02:17 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

So How does that suggest Meth is just as potent as Adderal? If you want to compare your street tweaker to those on ADD medication than you have to acknowledge all the differences as well.
All the reports (brain damage studies) of addicts and stuff were taken from users whom were taking .6-1 gram a day of ice for 10 years. Thats a 1000mg a day of crank compared to even the harder Adderall users at 30-40mg a day. Theres no comparison. Even Dexedrine I would say is atleast 3-4 times less potent than Meth (mg for mg). You also have to keep in mind these kids have to see the doc every month to get prescribed this shit...have there blood pressure checked---EKG's heart rate, weight is in check.
MOst of all, alot of the strain that is put on an icer is from the side effects of not getting sleep for days upon end and malnutrition. Considering the MEd is being prescribed appropriately, all these aspects are closely monitored and non-existent with amp prescriptiosn.

I agree that this stuff shouldnt be prescribed to young children and there should be a method in place where kids are only given the Med on school days (181 days of the year) but Im not gonna exploit or use selective facts to state that case. Its estimated betwee 500-1000 kids die each year directly from playing "the choking game." for shit sake. And there are 25 collective deaths of kids whom adderall might of contributed to there deaths.
http://www.stop-the-choking-game.com/Victims.html

Purity set aside, the distintion people try to make between street speeders and Adderall users is not focused upon the actual drug being ingested---its the fashion and results in which these 2 groups of people usually use the drug.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: ADHD Drugs May Kill You [Re: OrizonsHorizon]
    #5288906 - 02/11/06 02:31 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I dont think anyone so far has attempted to correlate hard core meth abuser with ADHD preventative kids.
Im just stating that the drugs are basically the same and that we have made it ok to use amphetamines but made methamphetamines bad. If you gave a kid time release capsules of the same amount of methamphetamine as was given in amphetamine prescription, I dont think there would be that much of a difference.

OfflineOrizonsHorizon
Stranger
    #5288978 - 02/11/06 02:55 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

There would be a huge difference because Dexosyn (which I have never seen being prescribed) is alot more potent that adderall. EVen if a time released form of Meth did exist, replacing 10mg once a day for 15mg of adderall in the morning and again in the afternoon would probably be a appropriate compaison. But once again, Meth users wouldnt get such a bad rap if they used the drug with the structure as that of Adderall users (legitamte)
If you multiply the dose that any therauputic drug is taken at by the figure in which tweakers use crank compared too Adderall scripts---its gonna be a toxic if not deadly amount.
Even take Tylenol...1000mg per day (30mg Dex) compared to 150000mg? (450mg Meth)
If APAP was recreational at 15000-20000mg instead of just flat out killing you, maybe it would get a bad rap too.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder