Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblejackgriffin
Fringe Dweller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Michigan Flag
Re: About me (and you) [Re: daimyo]
    #10538737 - 06/19/09 06:17 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:
White male, early 20s.  Grew up in various neighborhoods all around the same general area.  Lived in an all Italian neighborhood, normal middle class area, and the hood. 

Never was one to hold a "normal" job, so I gravitated towards alternative employment.  By the time I was 20 I was well to do, but living in a shitty neighborhood for various reasons.  A few months ago I called it quits on what I was doing and have been "retired" since. 

Within the next 2-3 months I will join the Army and go one of three paths.  Either stay for life and rise through the ranks until I am a General, do ~6 years, then apply to the CIA, FBI, a couple other alphabet groups, or do ~4 years and join a company such as Blackwater.

Growing up I never talked much about politics.  Most of the people I know didn't care at all, so I kept it to myself.  I've always loved shows like Meet the Press, and I watch an unhealthy amount of C-SPAN.  Aside from that I try to read as much as possible. 

I always did very well in school(straight As), but never wanted to attend college for a degree.  I teach myself what I feel I need to know, and that is good enough for me.  I love reading biographies, and the works of, people like Washington, Caesar, Thomas Paine, Patrick Henry, Livy, Plutarch, Machiavelli, Alexander, etc.
I also enjoy studying the work of people such as Michio Kaku, Edward Witten, and other theoretical physicists.

I suppose I can be described as imperialist with a touch of  anti-federalist.  In an ideal world I would be an isolationist, but this is no longer feasible.  I came from nothing and by taking control of situations I made my own, comfortable, path.  I would like this to be reflected in my country's approach to the world.  If it's out there, we should have it.

On a local level I am a firm believer in greasing the political wheels to get things done.  It shouldn't be this way, but until it changes, gotta play the game.  So I don't care who wins as long as they do what they're told.

State level is a joke to me.  Most states have lost the balls to stand up to the federal government, and until that change I have no respect.

Federal government I truly despise.  It should be way smaller and less complicated than it is.  The congress is corrupt and I yearn for the day we can start fresh there.

Well, this is interesting.
Before you vent AT me, know me.
Above all, know yourself.
Old advice.

Me?
Republic of South Vietnam visit in 1968 where i finally got to smoke weed.
Went through my hippy phase.
University of Cincinnati, class of '77.
Retail sales for the most part.
Tried teaching.
Became more conservative as i grew older and learned more.
Lost my favorite relative to a heroin overdose.
here i am... listening to Dr. Savage as i type.
I advise everydody to listen to Dr. Savage.

--------------------
Know your rights; work for change; help each other.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLaughing_Gnome
Shroom Head
Male

Loc: Australia
Re: About me (and you) [Re: jackgriffin]
    #10680490 - 07/15/09 09:06 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

18/male

I live with my mum, I live in a small army town, i wash dishes at the local hotel. i live about 4 km from town so i hitchhike in to work, and into the city which is about half an hour away. I dropped out of school when i was 16. im very idealistic. im a harmless hippie, im buddhist, im somewhat of a marxist, it's hard to get weed around here so getting stoned always feels like a speacial occasion. my mums a vet so ive grow up with animals my whole life, im vegetarian and somewhat of a vegan as i dont like wearing leather(only leather i own is my work boots... by the way i hate wearing shoes, thongs all the ways(flip flops to americans)) but i do like eating dairy products. im bisexual, and that about sums me up

--------------------
Nothing is real, everything is good.

OfflineCubie
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
Re: About me (and you) [Re: Laughing_Gnome]
    #10692667 - 07/17/09 07:06 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Its nuts how fast things change.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: About me (and you) [Re: Cubie]
    #10697023 - 07/17/09 10:11 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cubie said:
Its nuts how fast things change.

care to elaborate?

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

OfflineCubie
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
Re: About me (and you) [Re: ScavengerType]
    #10703562 - 07/19/09 11:36 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Just in my post, My life has changed a lot since then.

OfflineDeltron3030
Stranger
Male

Re: About me (and you) [Re: Cubie]
    #10703611 - 07/19/09 11:45 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

HI. I'm working on a Political Science degree right now...hope to one day attend law school and get into either International or Environmental Law.

I love music, and I love to play the guitar. Jazz and jazz fusion are my favorite styles to play. I also love to listen to funk and hip hop, some rock as well.

I love pot, hate alcohol. And I also have an ever growing passion for LSD, shrooms, and Ex.

Was born in Cali, but live in Florida now. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineKrazzyJoe
Male
Re: About me (and you) [Re: Deltron3030]
    #10824507 - 08/08/09 07:59 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I'm a newish register here, lurker for a while.

I'm 22 years old in a few days.  I'm a philosopher and musician, I like to write and love all art and experience. I live in Oregon and for most of my life have lived on the Oregon Coast with some minor variation. I've had some fun crazy adventures in my life so far and look forward to a life full of more.

I am obsessed with music.  I spend most of my waking day listening, writing, and playing music. I am a bassist first, it is the instrument I was first really comfortable with. I also play guitar but I'm not nearly as comfortable with it.  I've always had trouble with music theory.  I've had the basics and a little more down a few times in my life, but it always slipped away. I've sometimes even disliked the idea of theory.  But really I only dislike the way most theory-heads mechanically apply rules to an art. I'm hoping to finally make theory stick in a solid way when I study it in school, which I'll hopefully finally get back to next month.

I love cooking, reading, writing, gaming, film, hiking, gardening, nature...I am really honestly open person and I find enjoyment in all things or have at some point in my life.

I have a firm grasp on my own mortality, which is a very positive and often overlooked thing. I know hardly anyone in real life who really understands this.  I'm pretty young, so are my peers, but the further you go working towards a mediocre future which pays no attention to inevitable death the harder it is to break through that inability to
understand death.

I'm an anarchist. I believe that government is etymologically and historically defined in the use (and inherently, the abuse) of power. I believe that the state and the insanity of the world around us is born and perpetuated in the widespread abuse of children.

I think the best way to support change is to live positively and happily as an example.  So often you hear from the miserable anarchist.  That individual is not a very enticing example. I like to show people that philosophy and freedom and truth are as exciting and enjoyable as I feel they are. Many anarchists you see are sulking, yelling, fighting everyone.  Fighting their fellow abused, some of which have never been exposed to anarchist ideas, exposed to the possibility of something better.  Imagine that being your introduction to anarchy.  You seem someone miserable and think "is that the outcome?" Which will almost certainly be followed by a definite "No thanks."

Anyway, I hope to get to know all of you better soon. :smile:

Offlinerobcypher
I suck cocks for socks
Male

Loc: pittsburgh, pa
Re: About me (and you) [Re: bukkake]
    #10826966 - 08/09/09 10:17 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I was on intervention.

OfflineCowFarmer
Moo
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: About me (and you) [Re: robcypher]
    #10907275 - 08/21/09 07:47 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

About me,

I am a male under 30. I immersed my self in debate throughout high school, living and breathing it. Through that I became aware of politics and philosophy (insofar related to politics).

I became highly disgusted of politics and politicians. From the thousands of hours I spent debating and reading news the only thing I learned was that Shakespear was completely wrong: the first thing we should do is not kill the lawyers but rather the politicians.

After I learned to despise politics my first love become drugs and medicine. In drugs I found a new world of sorts to explore. Later I tired of using drugs because of the social influence and it's effect on my expirements, this lead me to become enamored in the study of chemical processes of the human body.

I think that there is a solution to everything and that it is only waiting to be discovered or created. Thus I have dedicated my life to medicine to discover some solutions and to be closer, in a sense, to the wrench and hammer of the human body.

Politically and ideolofically:
I am a firm believer in logic. I believe that logic is truth but if truth is not logical then it is false. I believe that the world is ruled by logic and that logic must be the first pursuit of society.

I believe in the betterment of man. I think that we should do as much as possible to advance ourselves. But in NO WAY am I utilitarian ( i.e. sacrifice one for the many). On the sole basis of what if you were the one and not the many.

I loved Ayn Rand. Then, after pondering her and reading all her books I just like her.

I believe in God even though I really [really] don't want to. I would much prefer believing that after life there is nothing. I consider myself a Catholic but am a horrible one at that, I don't go to Church nor practice the rules. I found myself an unwilling Catholic through logic and if one day that logic shifts so will I but so far everyday I only find more reason to fall into it.

Politically, I was first a true-bred anarchist. I read it, believed it and preached it. One day, after losing a debate I recognized that anarchism was not a viable option. Then I became a libertarian in it's (what I believe to be) it's firmest sense. Small government. Small government. Small government.

The reason I became a traitor to anarchism was because I recognized that there must be some kind of body to protect it's people. I believe though that protection is an often a misrepresented word (for political gains).

So that's what I am, a student of medicine, Catholic, logic seeking libertarian...

Oh and I also believe that global warming is totally economically driven and bullshit.
Also I think that there is NO SUCH THING as nuclear winter and that it is also total bullshit.
And I think that all the new 'green' products out there are like wolfs in a sheep pen.

One last thing, I don't think our world is doomed to global warming, overpopulation or because polar bears are extremly cute but I firmly believe that the world is doomed only because of our firm stupidity.

I also am think about launching a new political ideal where all politicians of each party are exterminated/sent to the ranch after 10 years of service.

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
Re: About me (and you) [Re: CowFarmer]
    #11001552 - 09/04/09 09:38 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I've been around the Shroomery on and off for about 8 years - registered ~6 years ago -- doesn't time fly?

What am I? I'm a 40 y.o. White Anglo Saxon classical liberal born in Washington, D.C. (why didn't I write WASP?) Because I'm Orthodox and that's primarily a cultural thing...

Where am I? Currently, in the United States. I've lived in Canada, Mexico & France.

Military service? Though I've never served in a military I have been in war zones such as Yugoslavia circ. 1999. (a nasty business that was...) Kosovo je Srbija!

My past and present (politically): At my university I was a fairly hard core conservative. Then I matured a bit and my realization was that the two major political parties in the US were totally against my core beliefs. Democraps and Republicons seemed to me about repressing 'someone'.  I'm a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. To me that means in the most basic sense: don't take my hard earned money by force and allow me to do what I like if I am harming no one.

What I prize most in life: My incredible 7 y.o. son, my wife and freedom to do whatever the fuck I want as long as I'm not harming anyone.  :ganja:

Edited by grib (09/04/09 09:56 PM)

Offlineorganicchemist25
Oganic Chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast Flag
Re: About me (and you) [Re: Redstorm]
    #12364450 - 04/09/10 09:11 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Im a 31 year old white male living in va beach, va. i have just recently been getting into politics. im not with any party or anything. i really dont know what i am, but i have major, major concerns for this country.

Offlinedshow
Nomad
 User Gallery

Re: About me (and you) [Re: organicchemist25]
    #12524944 - 05/07/10 11:06 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I am a white 22 year old male. Politics: Fuck it.

Edited by dshow (06/10/10 05:28 PM)

OfflineAlexD
Stranger

Re: About me (and you) *DELETED* [Re: dshow]
    #12654042 - 05/30/10 03:46 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by AlexD

Reason for deletion: don't want it there

Edited by AlexD (05/30/10 04:04 AM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: About me (and you) [Re: AlexD]
    #12763300 - 06/18/10 12:25 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Sweet, I hope you make it over here.:thumbup:

Especially like your stance on the treatment of animals. I've been involved with training dogs for many years and trying to educate those hated primate humans on how to treat and train their dogs. They mostly just don't get it though.:mad2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleRationalEgo
Principium Individuationis

Loc: Boston
Re: About me (and you) [Re: AlexD]
    #12763866 - 06/18/10 02:00 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Have you read any Rand? Seems like you might enjoy the book 'We The Living'. She escaped from Russia to the US and that is what this book is all about. I'm sure you will find some solidarity with her life, literature and philosophy since you are a libertarian.

Good luck with your escape to the US!

Edited by RationalEgo (03/29/12 08:11 AM)

OfflineAlexD
Stranger

Re: About me (and you) [Re: RationalEgo]
    #12768256 - 06/19/10 09:22 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks guys, I appreciate it  :cheers:

Quote:

Have you read any Rand? Seems like you might enjoy the book 'We The Living'. She escaped from Russia to the US and that is what this book is all about. I'm sure you will find some solidarity with her life, literature and philosophy since you are a libertarian.

No haven't read her yet :blush: Definitely gonna

InvisibleJewelessCaesar
Shroomery's Legal Department
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Petros-Joyner, TN, USA Flag
Re: About me (and you) [Re: Redstorm]
    #13049135 - 08/14/10 12:54 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Twenty-six year old white male from a small town in Tennessee..

I wasn't really into politics until recent years, now I lean towards being a Libertarian.

I am an American through and through.. I believe in our constitution and our bill of rights and that we should be taking the steps NOW to preserve them.

People like the Bush family, Obama and the other acting cronies should be put in their place..

I am a follower of Alex Jones, he represents the truth.. He has something like 27 movies.. I suggest anyone who wants to look through the eyes of a true libertarian and see what is going on in the world around them, should view these.

I have two political candidates I would actually trust with my life, Ron and Rand Paul.

Other than that, I am just me.. the Jeweless Caesar...

:peace:

--------------------
Failure is not an option, it's an adventure! - JewelessCaesar

Offlinesixxy
infidel delux
Female User Gallery

Loc: behind the irony curtain
Re: About me (and you) [Re: JewelessCaesar]
    #14012980 - 02/23/11 11:17 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

From psp

Quote:

sixxy said:
I was born to a midget Mexican hooker named Yolanda and sold for a pound of cheese and some toilet paper to some bean farmers when I was two. The bean farmers were kind and I spent my days picking beans and washing mules until I was 12. At 12 I joined the circus, where I was known as the amazing flatulent girl. I got my own trailer and everything, not that anyone wanted to share a trailer with me for obvious reasons.

It was a pretty lonesome existence until I met a noseless man named Bob. His stage name was "stump" due to the fact that he lost his limbs (and nose) in a freak jellybean explosion. He was just a torso and head...with the most beautiful blue eyes you've ever seen.

Bob and I fell in love and moved in together. We sold our homemade crafts on the Internet. We made fantastic star trek caricature figurines out of our own earwax and toenail clippings. You can find them at Bodyoozecreations.com

Sadly I lost my bob to a rabid ostrich who pummeled and stomped him to death as he lay in a hammock. I hope to find true love again as I wage my campaign against the ostrich menace. 

that is the bio from my profile.

if you find it hard to believe I can tell you that my family were cajun drug smugglers, after a few murders and a trip to Guatemala I wound up in an orphanage then a series of foster families then a girls home, Im mostly self educated and after many different types of experiences, some painful, some liberating, all enlightening I take a shamanistic approach to my own life, an agnostic approach to religion, and a libertarian/constitutionalist approach to politics. I do a lot of conservation work, am a survivalist of sorts and a publish author and film producer, though I have done many things and havent quite found my "home".

one of those stories is absolutely true.

--------------------
taste the effing rainbow

Offlinedshow
Nomad
 User Gallery

Re: About me (and you) [Re: sixxy]
    #14013202 - 02/23/11 12:13 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hi cubie  :badslave::bondage::showerlove:

You catch my drift you sick freak?

OfflineSpiritDreamer
TreeHugger
 User Gallery

Loc: turn left after mars.
Re: About me (and you) [Re: dshow] * 1
    #14135282 - 03/17/11 05:10 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

I'm 29yr old White ENGLISH (I hate being called british) Male.

Started getting into politics about 5 years ago. Now beginning to understand the meaning of the word 'corruption'.

Started using drugs as a child, seriously got involved in the criminal world. Lost friends through my abuse, lost friends through their abuse. Got myself criminal convictions.

At 16 I was at rock bottom, speed addict with thousands of pounds of debt. Knew I had to turn my life around.

Got an amazing job at an adventure centre working with kids. Abseiling, climbing, mountain climbing. Met 'normal' people who used drugs responsibly. Realised I didn't have to fit into the stereotype 'people who take drugs are bad people'.

Now have a beautiful wife, beautiful child, lovely house, lots of qualifications (including first aid), I am a supervisor and transport manager.

The more I have learned about drugs/drug use/drug law, the more shocked I become. I am now campaigning for the legislation of all drugs.

If anyone wishes to hear my story check my thread 'drugs will never be legislated, drug users have no rights'. It is very long. If you can spare half an hour check out my videos on youtube (Part 2. the drug law is the best 10mins long)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTheOutspoken?feature=mhum

--------------------
:mushroom2: If you don't respect and understand the drug you are about to take,
you shouldn't be doing it. :mushroom2:

youtube vid - 'the truth about drugs' - (part 2)
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTheOutspoken

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order