Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineflyboy
PF hawaii strain?
    #514979 - 01/08/02 11:36 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I got two spore syringes at PF they were called "PF HAWAIIAN RACE" and when I read their description of the strain it counded good so I biought it and it seems to be growing well too. But at the bottom of the article it states that they aren't sure the exact name of the strain. It calls it the "Goldden Teacher". I thought it miht be two names for the same thing, but at many different sites they sell both hawaii and golden teachers. So does anyone who has bought them know what they are exactaly? I am a first time grower. things looking good. All help apprieciated.

Peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: PF hawaii strain? [Re: flyboy]
    #515239 - 01/09/02 08:43 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

from the website you ordered from
"PF got it from a hobby mycologist in Holland (PFE) who was supplying it as a spore sample to Amazing Nature and Smart Botanics (Dutch Weed folks and items for sale). PFE named it "Golden Teacher". He did this because sometimes right before the veils break when the primordia are at their largest size before becoming mature, the entire shroom can have a golden yellowish color which vanishes when maturity starts to set in.

Strangely, the "Golden Teacher" being sold by other spore sellers is being claimed to be different from PF's "Golden Teacher". PFE claims that the Dutch growers got it from Pacific Exotic Spora in Hawaiia. It really doesn't matter where it came from. The reallity of it is that it is a superb Cubensis cultivar, one of the best ever found. It does look like the Cubensis used in the old OSS and OERIC (Mckenna brothers) shroom growing book.

So given the confusion about PES and the so called PES Amazon, PES Hybrid, or PES Hawaiian (all supposedly different), PF is dropping the "PES" from the title and just leaving it, "HAWAIIAN". Actually, Cubensis does not appear in Hawaiia (according to certain "experts"), so then it makes sense for PF just to call it the "Hawaiian", because after all, it is the only shroom spores marketed under a title having anything to do with HAWAIIA. So "Hawaiian" it will be. "

what part don't you understand?

in other words, PF got it from somebody who got it from somebody who supposedly got it from the company PES (pacific exotica spora). It was supposedly originally sold by PES as "Hawaiian". Other vendors that have the hawaiian strain either got it from PES and therefore call it "PES Hawaiian", or they got it from somebody that supposedly got it from PES and therefore still call it "PES Hawaiian".

Now where exactly the other vendors got their "Golden Teacher" strains from, and if those strains share any ancestors with the so called Hawaiian strain is up in the air. You have PF's story for where this strain came from. If you want to compare it to any other strain from any other vendor, you will need to ask that vendor the history of their strain (where/who they got it from etc..) you will also have to trust that vendor to be telling the truth and for their supplier to have been truthful as to the origins of the strain.

Such is the confusing tale of the origin of any strain. Unless you get it from a vendor who isolated it from nature themselves, you don't really know where it came from or exactly what strain it is.

But I will say that what PF sells as the "Hawaiian" is one of the best strains of cubensis available on the spore market. I've seen a 40 gallon tub of straw produce a dry pound! As strong as any cube, beautiful stature, and heavy yielder, what more could you want?

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Edited by mycofile (01/09/02 08:54 AM)

Anonymous

#515293 - 01/09/02 10:19 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

pf likes to change names, rename names, make up names. It's confusing enough!

PES was located in Hawaii and most call it the PES Hawaiian. Or PES Hybrid or Pacific Hybrid or Golden Teacher or several other names.

But no matter who you are getting it from and what they are calling it, it is a good shroom.

Offlineflyboy
Re: PF hawaii strain? [Re: ]
    #515658 - 01/09/02 06:06 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

ok thank you very much. The success story is a real boostyer. THX.
bu-bye

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

#515848 - 01/09/02 09:49 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Actually max, some of that info is misleading and some is false. Not that anything regarding strain origins is very clear and concise though. But while techicaly, saying that some call PES hawaiian Golden Teacher is true, the vast majority of VENDORS insist they are separate strains, and most of the rest at least mention that they could be separate. Exactly why a few use the names interchangably and most don't is still elusive, but probably based on their opinions and not some inside info that they have.

PES Hybrid aka Pacific Hybrid are definately not the same strain as the PES Hawaiian, or in this case PF's "Hawaiian". When tracing the origin of a strain, one has to look at the first person to call a strain a certain name(in an ideal world of real mycologists, this is usually the person who found the shroom in the wild naming it after it's location). In this case, PES definately distinguished between their hybrid and their hawaiian. Unless you know for a fact (meaning that PES has made it public knowledge) that they were lying and the two strains are really one in the same, then you can't assume they are, regardless of your opinion.

It's akin to me telling people that I'd grown your cube strains, and heard stuff on the net, and that therefore all of your cubes are the same strain just under a different name.

--------------------

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

#517248 - 01/11/02 09:25 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Oh yeah, flyboy, forgot to mention that the picture under my name is of a PF Hawaiian. Click on it if you want to see it bigger. See why they were one of my favorites? Enjoy yours.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: PF hawaii strain? [Re: mycofile]
    #517259 - 01/11/02 09:41 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Don't ask me about the names, I just report what I've seen on the variuos vendor websites. Go bitch to them if you don't agree.

I'm jsut the messenger.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #517270 - 01/11/02 09:54 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Just when I thought that I understood all of this Hawaii PES stuff.... Now, once again I'm a little confused. (but, hey thanks for helping us get the record straight)

Does anyone know if Hawk Eye's PESA Hawaii strain is the same as PF's Hawain? Also, I never knew that there was any corelation between any of the so called Hawaiin strains and Golden Teachers...

Man... all of this strain stuff can get confusing quick!

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Anonymous

Re: PF hawaii strain? [Re: Jammer]
    #517273 - 01/11/02 09:56 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Especially when pf starts renaming thngs after himself!

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #517275 - 01/11/02 09:59 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I have no problem calling PF's "main" strain PF CLASSIC, however. But I wish that the rest of the strains used the same names as other vendors, thats all.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Re: PF hawaii strain? [Re: Jammer]
    #517950 - 01/11/02 10:37 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I would assume that except for a major screw up, anybody selling a strain as PES Hawaian or simply Hawaiian is selling the same strain. There just hasn't been any other strain popularly known as hawaiian except for those originating from PES. (thats also probably due to the fact that cubes aren't found in the wilds of HA)

So yes, unless Hawk himself says differently, I'd say the PF and Hawk hawaiians are the same.

And not that this is gospel, but I've tried Golden Teachers from several vendors and have thought them to be very different from the Hawaiians. The Golden Teachers are much more varied, almost seeming less domesticated. HA's always gave consistent results. Perhaps the HA's are a domesticated strain resulting from GTs. They are both great strains. GT can throw a lot of different great things, but the HA's are almost always the same kinda greatness.

--------------------

Anonymous

#518384 - 01/12/02 10:36 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

But pf has changed the name of his PES Hawaiians to PF Hawaiians.

Hmmm...maybe I should change the name of my Matias Romero- also known as PF Classic- to the SporeLab Classic. These names are just not confusing enogh yet!

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

#518950 - 01/12/02 11:21 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Actually, no he didn't. He simply dropped the PES and calls them Hawaiians. As others before him have. The PES is only a previous vendors name, and actually causes confusion when discussing the PES amazon, the PES hybrid etc etc.

Oh well, enough of the semantics, here are three lovely closed cap ladies, of Hawaiian descent, derived from spores which came from PF, who got them from some dude, who got them from some dutch dude(who made shroom candy), who got them from some Hawaiian dude(who worked at PES, and may have actually stolen the spores to begin with) and which some people may or may not refer to as GT......

regular mouth 1/2 pint jar for size comparison.

Really, who cares, they're big beautiful bountiful friendly with smurfs and very potent!

--------------------

Anonymous

#519209 - 01/13/02 08:06 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

oops! See below....

Edited by CaptainMaxMushroom (01/13/02 08:08 AM)

Anonymous

#519210 - 01/13/02 08:07 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I sure see them referrred to a lot of times as 'pf hawaiians', indeed, that is the name of this very thread! But regardless, they are a nice mushroom.
I believe PES originally said they were a hybrid between an azurenscens and a cubensis. I don't think they mentioned the strain of cubensis they used. And who knows if it's even true?

Personally, I think the 'PES' should be left as part of the name. This is a mushroom that they developed in their lab. They practically invented it and I think the name should reflect that. Out of respect for the work done by those at PES, I would leave the name intact.

Maybe I'll get some off pf and rename it 'SporeLab PF PES Hawaiians'....!

Edited by CaptainMaxMushroom (01/13/02 08:17 AM)

OfflinePeyotl
enthusiast
Loc: Everywhere But No Where
    #519232 - 01/13/02 08:37 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

any vendor that sells hybrid shrooms wont get my money. hybrids cant be done. thats like me getting a conehead shaped mazatapec and nameing it CuntBuster Supreme [which btw isnt much of a stretch if youve ever sampled these lil bastards!] i agree that this vendor renaming bullshit is shit. its not a metter of personalization im upset about bt this shit is boardering on dishonesty in advertising. i have a challenge for all vendors: keep consistant names to the strains your selling instead of bait and switching hoping to sell a syringe to some dumb fuck who doesnt know his ass yet. PF var Hawks Eye would be fine. naming it something totally different [such as canadian strain] is not. ppl who think that by being misleading theyll make a few quick bucks are right, but dishonest vendors always get shit in the end. [cough sporechicks cough]

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

#519254 - 01/13/02 09:00 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Do you think before you type?
"I sure see them referrred to a lot of times as 'pf hawaiians', indeed, that is the name of this very thread"
PF here is obviously in reference to who sold them. Like if I had a question where I referred to "Max's Matias Romero". Any way, claiming that PF has changed the name of a strain because of what unrelated people type on a bb is just silly.

"I believe PES originally said they were a hybrid between an azurenscens and a cubensis."
As I said above, the PES hybrid and the HA are different strains. You seem to be getting the PES hybrid, PES amazon, PES hawaiian, and all strains once carried by PES confused. And are you really going to sit here and feed anybody that azure cube hybrid shit?

"I don't think they mentioned the strain of cubensis they used. And who knows if it's even true?"
I know if it's true or not. It's bullshit, you know it too. Why even babble about such farfetched nonsense. Yeah, sure it's possible, but this strain sure as hell isn't it, you know it too.

"This is a mushroom that they developed in their lab. They practically invented it and I think the name should reflect that. Out of respect for the work done by those at PES, I would leave the name intact."

Give me a break. If you respect bullshit, good for you. The hybrid is just horse shit. But then again, this isn't the hybrid strain. It's simply a cube strain which came to be called hawaiian. Include the PES if you want to. But this nonsense about them "inventing" it is stupid. It's a cube! Nobody invented it!

--------------------

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#519281 - 01/13/02 10:00 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Anonymous

#519313 - 01/13/02 10:38 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

First off, I see them referered to as pf hawaiians lots of times, not just in the name of this thread. And I'm not just talking about in the context of 'Maxs. MR'. And I don't see where any mention was made about cahnging names to please people on bb's. What are you talking about?

Also, I never said it was a hybrid, I said THEY said so. Understand? NEVER shoot the messenger.

And by the way, I don't know what it is exactly and neither do you. What are you, a scientist? You got proof to back up your disputes?

I've seen hybrid mushrooms with my own eyes. A tray with Ps. cyanescens growing on one side and Ps. azurescens on the other side. And in the middle, something that looked like a bit of both but not exactly like either. This was an experiment done by a professional mycologist and was on display at the annual mushroom show put on by the Vancouver Mycological Society.

Anonymous

#519321 - 01/13/02 10:50 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

There is a big difference between 'PF Hawaiians' and 'PF's Hawaiians'.

Also, I never said it was a hybrid, I said THEY said so. Understand? NEVER shoot the messenger.

And by the way, I don't know what it is exactly and neither do you. What are you, a scientist? You got proof to back up your disputes?

I've seen hybrid mushrooms with my own eyes. A tray with Ps. cyanescens growing on one side and Ps. azurescens on the other side. And in the middle, something that looked like a bit of both but not exactly like either. This was an experiment done by a professional mycologist and was on display at the annual mushroom show put on by the Vancouver Mycological Society. Granted, these two species are almost identical to begin with but the point is unless you have actually proven something in the lab, you shouldn't say it can't be done. Otherwise, it's just your opinion, not a fact.

Edited by CaptainMaxMushroom (01/13/02 10:54 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck