Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGopal
Strange

Alien tek blues
    #5144646 - 01/05/06 08:21 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Hello all

I am rather new to this site.  I grew mushrooms way back in the early 90's and have recently decided to give it another go.  I was reading quite a bit on here, and I have been quite impressed with the top-notch people and information on this site.  Mushroom cultivation has advanced a lot in the last 12 years or so. 

Anyhow I decided to try the alien tek with using the PF style jars, and then using the colonized jars to spawn horse manure.  Well the alien tek has proven to provide really slow growth.  Its been 6 weeks and they are still not fully colonized.  There was a lot of yellowish mycelium excretion so I flipped one of the jars upside down to let the water run out and the cake broke apart in one area and I can see that the middle of it hasn't colonized at all, its only around the outside and the bottom. 

My question is: are these jars a waste of time? or is there some way I can use the colonized outside of the jar just to get a few fruits for a spore print or clone?  There is no contamination that I can see in the jars, just slow growth and some slightly yellow condensation.  I was looking forward to seeing this strain (Malabar)develop.

The alien tek sure disappointed me. :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Alien tek blues [Re: Gopal]
    #5144665 - 01/05/06 08:26 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I'd have so say they're a waste of time for what you're trying to do. Just do PF cakes and spawn them to manure, or move up a notch to easy grains such as WBS, and use that for spawn.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinestoner4life
-=] 4*2*0 [=-

Re: Alien tek blues [Re: Holydiver]
    #5144751 - 01/05/06 08:48 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

If I understand you, you have pf jars and thier going slow? Im confused if so, I dont know what to tell you. PF jars should be fully colonized in 30 days TOP. I would go for spawning on a first grow. Try crumbling and casing. As for the jars. Just take it out of the jars, dunk the peices of mycelium and fruit them. Dont expect HUGE fruits. and Good Luck.

--------------------
-]Stoner4life[-
4 * 2 * 0
That funky, skunky, smelling green shit
Sing my song, puff all night long....
As I take hits of the bong.

InvisibleCaptainKirk

Loc: gone
Re: Alien tek blues [Re: stoner4life]
    #5144873 - 01/05/06 09:17 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

go with WBS or RYe then spawn to poo ,and double tub it :thumbup: :wink:you wont be dissapointed my friend :smirk:

OfflineGopal
Strange

Re: Alien tek blues [Re: CaptainKirk]
    #5145243 - 01/05/06 10:48 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Hey thanks for the replies. Basically my question was more how to salvage the strain for future use, since I used all my spores of that strain on the jars. Its not really a big deal. I will probably just scrap them, but I may experiment a little.

Hey CK good to see you around. I plan on doing that double tub method, it looks like the way to do go for sure. I started the jars because I didn't have a pressure cooker yet, and I thought it would be easy just to do what I did in the past. I saw that alien mix and I thought the higher nutrient content thing sounded good. Oh well live and learn. I think I will just go with WB or rye from now on.

OfflineErickson
Resident
Re: Alien tek blues [Re: Gopal]
    #5145302 - 01/05/06 11:11 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Are you incubating these jars at the correct temperature because if you temperatures to low then slow growth is a given. and after 6 weeks your myc might not have any oxygen to use in the jar.. I'm not sure What else to tell you as just getting back into it to. If it's not your temps then I think you may have to dump those and acquire new spores. The best of luck... Later.

--------------------
Fortune Favors The Bold.

OfflineCubenisseur
Mad Props
Male

Loc: Indian Land
Re: Alien tek blues [Re: Erickson]
    #5146244 - 01/06/06 10:07 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I think you could make a myc syringe/lc from a partially colonised jar to start another batch. Just a thought.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures