Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWeeded420
All Grown Up
 User Gallery
Loc: Colorado
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: sunshine]
    #5126014 - 12/31/05 01:02 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

ive been smokin since i was 13(im 18)...no problems here...im in top physical condition...restin heart rate btween 45-55 and stoned heart rate under 70..weight 145 height 6 ft.....i smoke at least an 8th everyday usually a qtr of some kryp(very littlemoney is not used to obtain pot in my current situation) , and have been doin this for about 3 yrz...and have stoppped smokin for 4 months last year to win a bet that i could.but now im on that kryptonite...i b on it all day.... gpa is above a 4.0 goin to college and shyt.
i dont see any negative effects and since i started smokn daily....no signs of my asthma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
however ciggs dooo fuk u up...badly...after a summer of smokin 2 packs a week and goin bak to my soccer team....i had to quit smokn those bitches

so iono if its cus i stay healthy, get my exercise, and am just physically active that pot seems to have to adverse effects(except wen the dentist found a lil tiny bud between my teeth<---how i got caught smokn pot)

***my weed high has never been the same since my first INTENSE trip on acid***

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: ph30n1x]
    #5126054 - 12/31/05 01:14 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

So i gather that the weed did trigger the heart attacks, but only because of your underlying heart condition.

Weed brought it out, but nothing brought it out like weed consistently did. If I did not have the genetic cardiovascular disorder the weed would not have triggered a heart attack. But the bottom line is we all have weaknesses we are unaware of, which may be aggrevated by certain drugs. Weed brought out the heart problems, while a shot of heroin would not have.

That your heartbeat quickens, bloodpressure drops and your heart needs more oxygen is caused by THC and this particular combination in the way THC causes it, led to detrimental side effects in the guise of heart muscle asphyxiation and finally a heart attack.

If only perfectly healthy people could participate there wouldnt be significant side effects to speak of. But we are all very individual and that doesnt always agree with some drugs.

Quote:

***my weed high has never been the same since my first INTENSE trip on acid***

You're right, you see that alot and I had it too. Once you have tripped intensely only once your weed will never be the same again, and not always for the good.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (12/31/05 01:16 PM)

OfflineWeeded420
All Grown Up
 User Gallery
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Asante]
    #5126094 - 12/31/05 01:28 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

bloodpressure dropping and a quicker heartbeat has absofuknlutley nuthing to do with THC, this happens wen your body is processing any chemincal through your body....i mean its bad and everything u had a heart attack...but dont start pulling this un researched information to put donw mary jane....so what she almost killed you...we forgive and forget thats wut lifes about...blame your condition not the drug because its cuz your not the only person like this in the world....its the same as if u have lung cancer...your not gonna be smokn cigs....and if u were gettin panik attacks and such a rapid heart rate(sounds like coke) why the fuck would u keep on smokin...you said nothing brought it out like weed ***consistantly** did?????????? your a fukn paradox in itself...

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Loc: just a few notes away
    #5126120 - 12/31/05 01:37 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

hey weeded420, i was just wondering what your exercise habits are, how often and what etc. Also, has anyone consitered or tried using a vaporizer. Ive been looking into the volcano and all my sources tell me its greaet. Other than the costly investment one must make in order to get a good vaporizer, does anyone think its worth it. Ive heard it gets you way more high than smoking the same amount of bud.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Weeded420]
    #5126125 - 12/31/05 01:39 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you even know?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5126164 - 12/31/05 01:50 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

WEEDED420 said:
restin heart rate btween 45-55 and stoned heart rate under 70
(...)
quicker heartbeat has absofuknlutley nuthing to do with THC
(...)
your a fukn paradox in itself

How can I argue with:

Quote:

un researched information to put donw mary jane....so what she almost killed you...we forgive and forget thats wut lifes about..

:smile: Happy new year!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineWeeded420
All Grown Up
 User Gallery
    #5126174 - 12/31/05 01:53 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

ummm my parents got one of those bloodpressure arm thingies....if u want i can stik my arm in it and take a picture

o n exercise habits... run a mile+ a day and play sports....im captain of my skool soccer team n gotta run practice after skool from 3-6(its vacation now so we practie in the mornins....n no its not too cold here cuz it dont go lower than 60 in the daytime here in "winter" in florida) cuz my asshole coach is a cop and is on duty most of the time or jus feels like only comn on tues n thurs for games jus to say that hese a coach...oh but all u need to stay healthy is do cardio and jus pushin your self....i started my freshman year in high skool with track i was runnin a mile in jus under 7 mins...now my fastest mile was 4:57 but average around 5 30 wen im jus runnin...

i havnt tripped on shrooms in a couple weeks not but last time i did me n my grl ended up running like 5 miles down the road...we just got this burst of laughter n then that bitch jus took off n i chased her jus laughing away not feeling a bit of fatigue...that wasnt the first time i ran on shrooms but it was the first time i did a significant amount of runnin....there was this one part where we thot we on hole 9 of the golf course i live on which is really hilly...it ended up being the wrong whole and completley flat...i def recomend jogging/running/sprinting in that order slowly accelerating to a comfortable pace then shooting off while tripping...ull thank me after.

Edited by Weeded420 (12/31/05 02:02 PM)

Offlinedubbyah
Stranger
    #5126196 - 12/31/05 02:00 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Wiccan seeker, I'm sure any inhaled plant matter would have the same effect on your heart.. If you held in cigarettes for as long as you smoked weed and did it, it would be the same, right? Or with green tea, or any plant matter. Its not the THC in the weed doing that to your heart is it? And if you say it is, there's no way to prove that its the cannabinoids and not inhaling plant matter and holding it in your lungs..

Edited by dubbyah (12/31/05 02:02 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: dubbyah]
    #5126202 - 12/31/05 02:02 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

It's the THC. Lowering of blood pressure and blood sugar, rapid heartbeat, dry mouth.. all of them are side effects of THC, even if you take it orally.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineWeeded420
All Grown Up
 User Gallery
    #5126208 - 12/31/05 02:04 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

so ur saying your allergic to THC pretty much thats a different case all to gether....

there are hundreds of effects ...i wouldnt call em side effects
but theres munchies...dry mouth....to get to the point...weed can cause a decrease in BLOOD SUGAR due to the effect it has on the metablism...speeds up for some slows down for some....does nothing to some, it MAY cause an untable heart rate in SOME PEOPLE while under the influence... usually from ANXIETY

Edited by Weeded420 (12/31/05 02:09 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5126210 - 12/31/05 02:04 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

If your resting heartrate is 45-55 and it goes to 70 thats about one and a half times as high. Surely that's a substantial increase, even if it is naturally low by your good health.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5126212 - 12/31/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

so ur saying your allergic to THC pretty much thats a different case all to gether

Side effects in someone who's extra susceptible to detrimental effects.
Hey GTG!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineWeeded420
All Grown Up
 User Gallery
    #5126285 - 12/31/05 02:29 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

it is a substantial increase but way less that if i went for a jog....or even got up to cook some food or even eating

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

#5126324 - 12/31/05 02:41 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I think its safe to say that moderation is the key for any drug. Il toke wile relaxing instead of wile running around like a loonatic outside and post my results, more so for my own benefit.
peace

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: ph30n1x]
    #5126362 - 12/31/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Isnt low blood pressure a good thing? I always hear of people who have heart problems and high blood pressure. So wouldnt low blood pressure be a good thing. Also, doesnt the low blood pressure and increased heart rate and heart's oxygen needs increase only for the duration of the high? (and maybe a little longer until the high is completly gone)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Organic]
    #5126493 - 12/31/05 03:35 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

The discussion was about a heart attack. I posited another possible trigger backed by medical science research. How is this off-topic?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinepoopooman
Stranger

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Swami]
    #5126523 - 12/31/05 03:43 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

lots of the time when i smoke lots i get paraniod and freak out and get increased heart rate, but it never happens to my friends.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Swami]
    #5126816 - 12/31/05 05:00 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I wasn't trying to be an ass... I was referring to the thread starter's topic, I'm genuinely interested to hear your response.

original topic:
Quote:

i was wondering if anyone out there has been experiencing any adverse health effects from smoking pot. Im more interested in the long-term adverse effects but any responce is appreciated. Also, state some specifics to your pot habbits such as how frequently you smoke it etc.

--------------------

OfflineWeeded420
All Grown Up
 User Gallery
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Organic]
    #5127922 - 01/01/06 12:19 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

every day..perfectly healthy :-D

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
    #5128144 - 01/01/06 03:07 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Well i don't really have any negative health problems aside from their occasional sober hallucination usually just a minor wavy movement or a irregularity in lots of lines when they are close together.
I do tend to slur more words in the start of a sentence. but lately all i have been doing is smoking weed all day which has been steady at 2 to 4 times a Day for the past few months. but its not affecting my academic or mental thought processes Cu's i still have a 3.7 GPA and yeah thats not a prob for me do tend to get a bit moody when i don't have pot but its barely noticeable.
Some strains of super dank sativa can make me black out if i take too big a hit and hold it for too long but if its gonna happen when I'm hitting i know the symptoms and have about 10 to 20 seconds to get things put so i wont drop them or knock them over when i black out and then regain consciousness in s blur of momentary panic from not knowing what happened.
but aside from that i don't notice any loss of function in my lungs or breathing during exercise.
It does tend to make my eyes feel better and things seem to have a nice crisp look to them. wow that was a rambling post but I don't care Cu's I'm higggggh and it feels soooooo gooooood!!!!!

--------------------

OI OI OI

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale