Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineExothermic
Stranger
Re: Ausi Panaeolus Cyanescens - Liquid Culture to Fruits (w/ lots of pictures) [Re: Ramlaen]
    #4879172 - 11/01/05 10:50 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Congratulations on a excellent effort!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Ausi Panaeolus Cyanescens - Liquid Culture to Fruits (w/ lots of pictures) [Re: Blue Helix]
    #4879492 - 11/01/05 12:17 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

what a magnificent write up.

I really enjoyed a lot of the subtle insights.

an old hand indeed!

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ausi Panaeolus Cyanescens - Liquid Culture to Fruits (w/ lots of pictures) [Re: Blue Helix]
    #4879664 - 11/01/05 01:13 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

definitely a 5-star grow  :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
buh

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Ausi Panaeolus Cyanescens - Liquid Culture to Fruits (w/ lots of pictures) [Re: shirley knott]
    #4881034 - 11/01/05 07:08 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

One thing you guys might like to know about hot glue guns is that they are often available for $1 at dollar stores with glue. Don't pay a bunch for a hot glue gun. They shouldn't cost over $10 for sure.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #4949723 - 11/17/05 11:57 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

i wonder why they didn't go blue when you cut into these for a cross-section shot. hmmmm, curious.

--------------------
buh

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #4949876 - 11/18/05 01:02 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Shirley, you are the first person to mention it, but I immediately noted that the Pan Cyans I grew did not blue after I picked them. This was really unexpected for me too since I had read they usually blue so dark. To all who think strong bluing indicates potency, I can say these offered me first-hand proof that is not always the case. One gram of these trip me out close to 4 or 5 grams of cubensis, yet they did not blue at all upon picking nor did they bruise or darken much on drying. Again, this grow never ceases to amaze me.

Offlinelid
Insert TitleHere

Loc: People's Republic of New ...
    #4949890 - 11/18/05 01:07 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

definately an awesome grow, you have inspired me to skip PF cakes entirely.  Well written and easy to follow.  I think that if one has a good attention to detail, following good sterile technique, and can understand directions well this can easily be attained.

Five shrooms to you Blue Helix!! :thumbup:

--------------------
molon labe.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ausi Panaeolus Cyanescens - Liquid Culture to Fruits (w/ lots of pictures) [Re: lid]
    #4949938 - 11/18/05 01:45 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Mine also did not blue:

Ive had cubensis not blue and be kick ass potency too..blue dont mean no thang :smirk:

Funny, I never noticed it before..I never really look for it I guess.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #4951098 - 11/18/05 10:13 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

blue is a funny thing. i can't remember whether it's psilocin or psilocybin that is the bluing one, but i do know that semilanceatas (liberty caps) don't blue and are one potent mushroom. if anyone can remember the science and doesn't mind giving a quick tutorial here, i for one would be very grateful. i smoked a fattie and cannot be arsed to do a full search on it  :tongue:

--------------------
buh

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Ausi Panaeolus Cyanescens - Liquid Culture to Fruits (w/ lots of pictures) [Re: lid]
    #4951190 - 11/18/05 10:40 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lid said:
definately an awesome grow, you have inspired me to skip PF cakes entirely.  Well written and easy to follow.  I think that if one has a good attention to detail, following good sterile technique, and can understand directions well this can easily be attained.

Five shrooms to you Blue Helix!! :thumbup:

lid, most people have trouble because they cut corners.  The return with mushrooms isn't linear with respect to how closely one follows a technique.  What I mean is that if you follow a technique 80%, you don't get 80% of the yield.  You get closer to 25% of the yield.  Follow about 50% the advice, you are lucky to get anything.  For some points, like moisture content, it's even worse.  If you want a good yield, be obsessive the first few times until you get it down.  Don't smoke a bowl while you are doing stuff until you've done it a few times.  I think I've watched more people fail because they couldn't just put the bong down for a few hours than any other thing.  Once it comes naturally and you know what you are doing, smoke up if you want but not until then.

Offlinelid
Insert TitleHere

Loc: People's Republic of New ...
    #4951248 - 11/18/05 10:59 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

you make a very good point blue helix, I think I should of added 'extremely thorough' in there as well. Furthermore,I think it would help people to practice getting the right moisture content with their substrate before going through with inoculation, especially when new to growing. Once again, awesome write up!

--------------------
molon labe.

Invisibleshroomkma
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4951602 - 11/18/05 12:53 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

LOL

you are so right...

ive tryed jars 3 times now...
each time been 2 stoned..... yesterday i onli had the 1 cone b4 i started.. but fuk i totaly forgout bout maken the needle by the end of it hahaah FUKN BONGS....

so yeah putting the bong away 4 a few hours doing this does help but dont pull it out half way thru cos u fink ur doing such a CLEAN NON MESS JOB becso it go's messy very quickly .............

FUKEN AWESOME GROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Strength once again proven to be 5 to 6X cubensis [Re: Blue Helix]
    #5114762 - 12/28/05 10:18 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I wanted to update everyone about the strength of these. This Christmas I was able to have several other friends sample the Ausi's from this flush in capsule form. All people who have taken the pills claim they are about 5 to 6X as strong as any manure-grown cubensis I've given them. One friend I have routinely can handle 5g of cubensis, but nearly lost it with 1.1 gram of these. I am not sure why these are so strong, but no matter the reason, they are much stronger than what I'd read. For example, the dosage calculator on the Shroomery claims Pan Cyans are a mear 1.5X a strong as cubensis. The only thing I can imagine that might have caused the usual strength was the addition of the stevia leaf material, which reputedly increases strength in cubensis and which I have not used before. At any rate, I would approach mushrooms grown as in this log with extreme caution. Consider starting with no more than 0.5 grams.

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Loc: Up Over
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strength once again proven to be 5 to 6X cubensis [Re: Blue Helix]
    #5116937 - 12/28/05 09:19 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Thanx for the heads up Blue, I just innocced some jars with these. If it all works out, the last thing I want is a turbo trip - for myself or anyone else who isnt expecting it.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #5117255 - 12/28/05 10:58 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Some folks have been known to powder 2 grams, the add that to an OZ of dry cubes............ :fart:

--------------------

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strength once again proven to be 5 to 6X cubensis [Re: Blue Helix] * 1
    #5117466 - 12/29/05 12:36 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Good timing on your update. Work on a small test run of the brown spored mutation, isolated from gill fragments, was just photographed today. The brown spore trait appears to be a genetic mutation passed on through the spores. A complete lack of black or greyish tones in the fruit bodies was also noted, giving the mushrooms a toffee-like coloration (not real visible in this image).

Brown spored mutation of Panaeolus cyanescens - Australian

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Loc: Up Over
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strength once again proven to be 5 to 6X cubensis [Re: Workman]
    #5117620 - 12/29/05 01:39 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Nice stuff! If all of the fruitbodies are displaying the new trait consistently, is this grounds to call it a new species?

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Strength once again proven to be 5 to 6X cubensis [Re: _OttO_]
    #5118113 - 12/29/05 07:24 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

COOL WORKMAN!!! That is so awesome! Thanks for the update!

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Strength once again proven to be 5 to 6X cubensis [Re: agar]
    #5118129 - 12/29/05 07:32 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, agar, I would love to see someone try two grams of these. Unless they handle 10 grams of dried cubensis, I doubt they could handle 2 dried of these. Again, the stevia _might_ have contributed to them being stronger. I am not saying that some can't do 10 dried grams of cubes, but I am saying it's rare. I have never seen anyone do 10 dried grams of cubensis, but I don't know any hardcore shroomers like that either. Keep in mind that a lot of people just pass out after the trip reaches a certain intensity or lose the ability to remember what they did when they were tripping, fall out of buildings, shit and piss their pants, etc. Going so hard that you no longer have control of your body can be dangerous in a real sense.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #5119599 - 12/29/05 04:39 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I was talking about adding two grams to an ounce of dry cubes.

Then, doing like 3.5 grams of the mix.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale