Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Loc: just a few notes away
is LSD still LSD now a days?
    #5093827 - 12/22/05 01:09 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i was talking to one of my friends earlier today and he said that LSD today is not the same LSD from back in the 60's-70's. its a slightly different chemical.  i was wondering if this was actualy true or not. if it is true, have you found it to be noticably different than the "real" LSD or is it pretty much the same thing.  also, i have never done LSD before and am looking into investing into some. ive had delightful shrooms trips on 1/2 an 8th (1.75) grams of dried cubensis. how many mics of LSD compair to a similar strength of an experience? thanks much :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleabrad84
Stranger
Male

Re: is LSD still LSD now a days? [Re: ph30n1x]
    #5093847 - 12/22/05 01:17 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

LSD now is still LSD, its the same chemical. I've found one hit af acid to be comparable to anywhere between 1/2 eighth or an eighth of shrooms, depending on the potency of the batch.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#5093850 - 12/22/05 01:18 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

LSD is LSD. however, recently there have been a number of research chemicals appearing on the street often sold as LSD, sometimes on blotter. however, the chances are that if you buy blotter its going to be LSD (or bunk), and its the same LSD that it always has been.

you can't really measure LSD doses unless you have a lab or something. i would say an eighth of shrooms is roughly equivalent to one or two hits of acid, but it really can vary. if you have a batch of acid that you've never tried before, its a good idea to eat one hit first to gauge the potency.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlinecubeladd
Stranger
Loc: Sunny ol' England
Re: is LSD still LSD now a days? [Re: abrad84]
    #5093853 - 12/22/05 01:19 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

How can LSD now be something different? It's chemical structure hasn't changed I can assure you :laugh:

--------------------
"The only thing I'm high on is Love for my Son and Daughters. Yes, a little LSD is all I need."
-Marge Simpson

OfflineDinahTheCat
Seeker of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia
    #5093862 - 12/22/05 01:22 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I read up one time on Erowid, that lsd back in the 60's-70's, since it was so available, had at average 200 ug per hit, compared to present day lsd which is anywhere from 30ug to 100 ug... rough estimates

so yes it is not the same, but slightly different chemical would most likely would kill the effects, or kill you, although you can change designer drugs to have slightly/big diff. effects, lsd is not like this.

--------------------
"Sanity is not statistical."

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #5093868 - 12/22/05 01:23 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

There lots of it around here.. From the sound of it thats not the case evrywhere..I think people seem to jump to conclusions alot about how good LSD is or was.. From my experience here it ranges from pretty good to amzing.. Usualy one hit will get you a nice smooth high.. Occasionaly you'll get a batch of stuff where one hit will get you rediculously high.. It's usualy a bit more expensive..
I'd say take one and see how good it is.. Ask some people who have tried some from the same batch.. One hit should be camparable to 2 grams of mushrooms on average with the odd exception..

OfflineWillsk8t4shrooms
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Utrecht, Netherlands
Re: is LSD still LSD now a days? [Re: Bhairabas]
    #5093988 - 12/22/05 01:57 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

LSD is still LSD. But the potency has gone down quite a bit since the 60's-70's. Most blotters around these days aren't real lSD they could be RC or something like brumo dragonfly. If you want to see if your getting the real take a portable black light with you and go in the dark and hold the black light over the blotter and it will glow if it is true LSD.

--------------------

“we have some shroomers in aisle twelve, I repeat, shroomers on aisle twelve.”

OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #5093993 - 12/22/05 01:58 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Bhairabas said:
There lots of it around here.

Must be nice.  I think i need to take a trip to toronto.  I wonder how much plane tickets would be from texas.  :grin:

--------------------
"To do right is to know what you want. Now when you are dissatisfied with yourself it's because you are after something you don't really want. What objects are you proposing to yourself? Are they the objects you really value? If they are not, you are cheating yourself. I don't meant that if you chose to pursue the objects you most value, you will attain them; of course not. Your experience will tell you that. But success in getting after much labor what you really don't care for is the bitterest and most ridiculous failure." -George Santayana

Offlinescattass
thatsMr.scattass toyou
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: is LSD still LSD now a days? [Re: Nephlyte]
    #5094043 - 12/22/05 02:09 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

shit there is only one way to truly find out. WE need an experience ex-acid user from like the 60's to take current shit! Would they do it,dont they have kids and shit???

--------------------
George Bush has all the symptoms of schizophrenia, dellusions, (WMD + Iraq's nuclear weapons program) vauge-impoverished speech, hearing voices (god told him to invade Iraq) paranoia and delusion of grandure. -some guy

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: is LSD still LSD now a days? [Re: Nephlyte]
    #5094053 - 12/22/05 02:12 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

well, if you think about it...L S D, which stands for d-lysergic acid diethylamide...it HAS to be LSD. It just happens to be relatively weaker than LSD of the 60s because so few people actually produce it.
Now, whether different chemicals are bieng sold as lsd is a different question.
This is just like the people that claim pot now is different than in the 60s because its laced with other things...just uneducated people spreading false rumors.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: is LSD still LSD now a days? [Re: Veter]
    #5094090 - 12/22/05 02:20 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

As everyone else said:

The chemical and potency are exactly the same. The doseage, however, seems to be a little bit lower.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineDinahTheCat
Seeker of Truth
Male User Gallery

Re: is LSD still LSD now a days? [Re: badchad]
    #5094110 - 12/22/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, and the fact that "fake" acid aka BULLSHIT HITS are more common than the 60's/70's. I fucking hate bullshitters, so many here where theres so little lsd. All virginia beach needs is an expert chemist, who worked with wasson and hoffmann, and knows just about everything on how to make, well, everything.

Also, potency... hmmm, id declare maybe it too has gone done, although when ppl usually refer to lsd's potency, its the amount thats in each hit, which relates to the doseage.

--------------------

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: is LSD still LSD now a days? [Re: Willsk8t4shrooms]
    #5094321 - 12/22/05 03:09 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Willsk8t4shrooms said:
LSD is still LSD. But the potency has gone down quite a bit since the 60's-70's. Most blotters around these days aren't real lSD they could be RC or something like brumo dragonfly. If you want to see if your getting the real take a portable black light with you and go in the dark and hold the black light over the blotter and it will glow if it is true LSD.

This is not a good way to check your acid.. Anything white glows in black light, but you can see it rub off on your fingers which is useless because touching it is bad for the acid..

OfflineDinahTheCat
Seeker of Truth
Male User Gallery

#5094440 - 12/22/05 03:37 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Test 907 - LSD

"Ehrlich?s Modified Reagent - Presumptive test designed to identify d-lysergic acid diethylamide or LSD. Due to the dangerous nature of LSD, take every precaution not to touch or absorb this substance into your system. Upon breakage of the 2nd ampoule a Purple color will develop and after breakage and agitation of the 3rd ampoule (pouch only) the color will deepen. We recommend nitrile gloves for handling LSD."

http://www.tritechusa.com/presumptive/ODVrefills.htm

can get it here, not sure how much forgot to look.

--------------------

Invisiblesever
Where am I?
    #5094687 - 12/22/05 04:51 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

~

Edited by sever (07/17/06 03:25 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: is LSD still LSD now a days? [Re: scattass]
    #5095183 - 12/22/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

scattass said:
shit there is only one way to truly find out. WE need an experience ex-acid user from like the 60's to take current shit! Would they do it,dont they have kids and shit???

I was taking it in 70 and I'm taking it now. I found the LSD of then to be much more powerful per hit and seemed (very subjective) much more hallucinogenic.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (12/22/05 06:55 PM)

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Loc: just a few notes away
Re: is LSD still LSD now a days? [Re: sever]
    #5095212 - 12/22/05 07:00 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i recall someone on this post saying one hit of acid is like 2 grams of shrooms. but hwo many mics are in one hit generallly. to the best of my knowlege it can vary quite significantly.  about how many mics compair to about half an eighth of dried cubensis? thanks :thumbup:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #5095271 - 12/22/05 07:14 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

The LSD I have been seeing is about 50 to 100mcg per dose. Usually 100.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: is LSD still LSD now a days? [Re: Willsk8t4shrooms]
    #5095272 - 12/22/05 07:15 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

That's not true, there is a ton of real LSD out...and very potent hits as well. Also, the blacklight method doesn't work on blotters, it only workd on crystal LSD, and only if it's very pure.

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: is LSD still LSD now a days? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #5095995 - 12/22/05 10:15 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

There is still a good amount of LSD out there on plain white paper thats been around for a year now and is consistently good-excellent. There are also a lot of bunk bitter tasting stuff to be avoided.

As far as the black light test.... i think its a really bad test. Certain kinds of paper will glow regardless. I'm sure certain adulterants will too. Some of the glossy type coated papers (flies/eyes and what not) didn't really glow but where quite strong.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies