Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNESpores
Formerly MyLady
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vermont USA
am i 'psychic'?
    #5046150 - 12/10/05 09:49 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i ask for opinion because well, i think a may be, in a sense.
i am exceptionally well at random multiple choice.
for example, i got some friends together (skeptics) and Terri held a yellow m&m in one hand, and a red in the other. she mixed them behind her back and i chose which hand. i got it right 4 times in a row, and then i told howie to grab another yellow m&m, they swapped and what not, i picked the proper hand 2 times more. then a bigger crowd came over and i was slihgtly nervous and this kept me from concentrating, so i got it wrong.
this is only one of many instances where this sort of thing has occured. it was first brought to my attention this past summer at burger king when the new starwars movie came out. they had a 'choose one of the two' scratch ticket things. of course the slogan was 'use the force and win'.
well i did it my first time just kidding around and got it right. i was feeling lucky so i told someone else in the car to let me scratch theirs. i got that one too but noticed soemthing about how i came to my conclusion. the third time i succesfully homed in on this feature and did it a final fourth time.
but what is this technique? simple, i look at the options and the correct one usually speeks to me visually. literally a wave of colors (an 'aura' of sorts) emits from the correct option.
i have passed several tests in this way, but because i abused it, karma kicked me back in the ass for it by making my ability dormant for a few months. anywhoo, i went to see my father about a week after the first incident, and told him the basics. he didn't believe me and so we made a special trip there. once again, i got all of them, all three right in a row.
no one has given me an explanation that really pertains to my particular events.
any and all ideas about what this really is would be greatly appreciated.
btw, im kinda new to all this psychic stuff, so i apologise for any body i may have offended with improper terminology.

peace

--------------------
Did your grow fail, and now your out of spores? Problem Solved. Check out my CakeSaver Tek.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5236115/an/0/page/0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: am i 'psychic'? [Re: NESpores]
    #5046301 - 12/10/05 10:54 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

what number am I thinking of right now?

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: am i 'psychic'? [Re: Vvellum]
    #5046364 - 12/10/05 11:09 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: am i 'psychic'? [Re: gregorio]
    #5046441 - 12/10/05 11:48 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

like OMG yer sooo riht!!!11

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5047046 - 12/11/05 04:05 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Whether you are psychic remains to be seen, you might be or perhaps not.

Fact is that getting a binary choice right 6 times in a row is not at all unusual, in fact it nturally occurs once every 2x2x2x2x2x2 = 64 times so it might be "coincidence".

To see if you score outside of coincidence there is an easy test.
Take a deck of cards, shuffle it and start guessing whether you're holding a hearts, diamonds, spades or clubs. If you are wrong, put the card to the left, if you are right put it to the right.
If you run through the deck and get more than twenty, or less than 7, right there might be something going on.

If you run through 19 decks (about 1000 cards) and manage to get 400+ right or less than 140 you are a psychic in my book!

Be warned that being "psychic" (wrong term for ESP in this case) does not mix with empirical proof. Being psychic usually means that you in one go get something done that is utmostly unlikely. If you know an answer that leads to lets say the kid on the milk carton (a one in a zillion chance of success) for instance.

If you try to test it with many questions you will almost invariably end up with guesswork. Real scientists will not bother someone with shoe after shoe of Zener cards but rather hide something or provide another challenge that is utmostly unlikely to be solved.

Example: the scientists rig a computer so that it will produce a random number between 0.000.000.000 and 9.999.999.999 and print this on a sheet of paper in a sealed room. That produces a tangible presence of something nobody has seen which rules out mind reading. The subject then gets 10 chances to find this one number, after all ten of these attempts have occurred the number is brought to light.
The likelyness of the subject succeeding in producing this number is one in a billion overall or one in ten billion per attempt.
If you succeed in this, it is perfectly reasonable to consider you a psychic. If you can do this a second time (odds are one million trillion to one) nobody who honestly puts psychic abilities to the test could disqualify you as a psychic.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #5047832 - 12/11/05 11:23 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Well, the truth is it completely depends on how the individual you're asking defines the word 'psychic'.

I, personally, would not use that word to describe your skills. I would probably say you're very in tune with your surroundings, to a greater degree than most others.

I've heard of and experienced many similar things on psychedelics regarding the obviousness of the correct path ahead of one's self. It feels as if one is in a groove, and can sort of tell what is going to happen before it happens.

If you've seen Donnie Darko, I believe the "tubes of water emerging from chests" thing is supposed to be representative of this concept, or one very similar to it.

Have you done a lot of psychedelic, hallucinogenic, or otherwise psycho-active substances?

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #5048129 - 12/11/05 12:40 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

you are not psychic. psychics don't exist.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisiblePinback
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: am i 'psychic'? [Re: Asante]
    #5048637 - 12/11/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Take a deck of cards, shuffle it and start guessing whether you're holding a hearts, diamonds, spades or clubs. If you are wrong, put the card to the left, if you are right put it to the right.
If you run through the deck and get more than twenty, or less than 7, right there might be something going on.

If you do it this way, it is in fact very easy to skew the results because of the feedback. For example, if the first card you pick is a hearts, you know that there is a slightly smaller chance of the second card being a hearts (because there are only 12 of them left). In the same way, you always know what suit the last card is if you keep count. If this is done optimally, the chance of "guessing" 21 or more correctly increases from about 1% to about 19%!!!

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #5051789 - 12/12/05 10:42 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

everyone is psychic, ie, has latent psychic capabilities or unrecognized esp. you may or may not be more in touch with that capacity than the normal person. if you choose you can work to develop your intuition even further. are you a psychic? thats up to you man.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: am i 'psychic'? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #5051795 - 12/12/05 10:43 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

are you a psychic? thats up to you man.

can you provide an example of someone who has tapped this mental facility and is full-blown psychic?

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #5051851 - 12/12/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i dont believe in "full blown psychihcs" thats my point. Every human being has the potential to have "intuitions" that guide them in very beneficial ways but are based on no sense perception. We have all probably done this numerous times in our lives even if we didnt notice it. We can all become more aware of those intuitions by , well, just being more aware of how we feel and what we are experiencing. Most of us are so bogged down by obsessions, day dreams, drinking, drugs, television, fear, anxiety, thinking about the future, thinking about the past etc that we blot out most of what happens in the present, where intuitions occur.

Ive had numerous , NUMEROUS experiences of strong intuitions that were later validated by experience. I dont consider myself "a psychic" but i do know i have occasionally had strong psychic premonitions and i assume everyone else can to.

But no i cant name any popular psychics or anything because im not that interested in that kind of stuff. Im just saying, dont underestimate your potential. if you can conceive it, you can perceive it... so to speak.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #5053766 - 12/12/05 05:52 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Like moon said, peoples experience with their natural abilities is more common then people realize. People are to caught up in material reality and nonsense to catch the impressions or to pay much attention to others displaying some use of it.

Intuition is nothing more then those gut feelings that are later confirmed. Thats pretty common for most people to experience. People just don't talk about it much.

Like one afternoon my nephew was over, he was 5 at the time. His parents were not expected to come by for hours yet. All of sudden, he goes to my daughter, "Arielle, my parents are here. Let's run and hide."

I didn't hear the doorbell. I went to look. No them, no car in the drive. Then I saw their car coming around the corner and up the street and into the drive. He some how knew.

A friends mom was getting images of her husband one afternoon and felt a hot burn going on all around him. She got worried and called him at work. Everything was fine. That night, the plant he worked at caught on fire.

Same lady had a dream that her son was in a plane crash. He did have a flight scheduled to MN the following week. She called him and told him about it. She asked how he was getting to the airport. He was driving himself. She asked if she could drive him, to change the conditions of the time line the plane crash was on.

His flight did run into bad enough weather that it had to make a detour landing at another airport and they were bussed to the destination.

That's pretty weird to think maybe she shifted the line of events just enough by driving him instead. Had he stayed on the time line of events where she saw the plan crash, it might have crashed in the storm. Who knows.

Once my mom said she was sitting at the table drinking some tea and glancing out at her patio thought that a hanging basket with some red and white flowers would like nice in this one spot. 5 minutes later, my brother stopped by and had brought her a hanging basket of white and red flowers as a thank you for some favor she did him.

That's freaky stuff.

How else do we explain that stuff other then acknowledging that people have Extra Sensory Perception abilities.

There are people who have developed them to such an extent, they feel confident enough to charge money for readings. I'd been to a few in my late teens, friends mom dragged me along with her and she paid for it. Two were clueless and total phonies. One, was AMAZINGLY ACCURATE with descriptions, details and dates that left me dumbfounded.

Check some of this she said and knew. She starts off with saying she saw some big move for me the following Tuesday. Actually it was the last morning shift at a job I quit and the first night shift of a new job I was starting. It was a big job move happening that day. Score!

She asked, "Who's the older guy with the balding head, strawberry blond hair and glasses and runs hot and cold." My old boss came to mind-he fit. She said, "he's having lots of financial problems. Yes he was, and it effected the business and working for him which is why I was quitting. Score!

She asked, "Who is the high energy, petite, wealthy lady with the long fiery red hair? My new boss. :lol: She told me she was really unstable emotionally and to not get to close to her. Sure enough, my new boss up the road turned out to be a manipulative drama queen trying to get me caught up in the middle of her boyfriend drama schemes. SCORE!

She said, "I see you taking a trip out west with some guy with salt and pepper hair and glasses that come and go." I HAD NO PLANS for any trip and didn't know who she was talking about. Two months later, this guy I knew from an old job came into my work place, we went out a few times after that visit and he had to fly out to San Diego for business that weekend. I said I loved it there and he said, "then come along with me" and I did.  He did have dark hair with graying temples and reading glasses and Cali was out west from Chi Town. Score!

THEN, she says, "You're going to be getting married in the next two years!" :what: I thought she was high on crack with that one. I was only 18 , with no steady and no interest in marriage. She said, "Oh Yes you will be. He's tall, very gorgeous with blond hair and the most sparkly blue eyes I've ever seen. You two are good together, it'll be a good thing. It'll be someone you knew from before, but the hook up won't come until later."

Just shy of two years later, (had forgotten all about that visit with the psychic) I'm in a shift meeting and the manager says, an employee who worked for us last summer and winter break is back again on summer break. He walks in the room late. I was like DAMN! How come I never noticed him like "this" before. I melted.

Oh we hooked up. Turns out he was telling the guys the winter break before he was going to get me one day. We fell hard and fast and snuck off to a JP six weeks later to get married. THEN I remembered what that lady said. It all fit.:jawdrop: HUGE SCORE! ( That was a previous marriage and it was good for 6 years-we just were to young, grew more and grew apart-all cool though)

She saw a lot more, and I forget a lot of it, it was so long ago. She was GOOD with eyes into the future for sure! She said she worked with "white" magic and she was using tarot cards if that means anything to anyone.

Anyway, some people think ESP is bunk and Yes, some self proclaimed psychics are phony scam artists, yet, I've personally experienced far to much to call ESP bunk or say ALL self proclaimed psychics are scam artists.

Why is it so hard for people to be open to it and for everyone to work together on better understanding how it works and developing it?

:peace:  :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains