Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOzzyGod
Stranger
shrooms to acid?
    #4999408 - 11/30/05 04:46 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

alright i know the 2 drugs are quite differant, im talking about "intensity" here. heres my quesiton....Roughly how many "ugs" (or micro-grams) do u think would equal an eighth of shrooms? Once again im not talking to "equal the same trip" im saying how much acid would it take equal the intensity of an eighth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: shrooms to acid? [Re: OzzyGod]
    #4999884 - 11/30/05 06:47 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

id say...
and im not very experienced with acid...
but if you want 1 apple equals 1 orange,
prolly 550-600ug

just a guess

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineAsazman
Stranger
Re: shrooms to acid? [Re: incubaby_421]
    #4999911 - 11/30/05 06:55 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

depends on the purity of the acid, where you're getting from, how it's stored.

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: shrooms to acid? [Re: Asazman]
    #4999918 - 11/30/05 06:57 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

those too

its almost impossible to compare the two...

but the acid i get... id say five or six hits

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineOzzyGod
Stranger
    #5000419 - 11/30/05 09:03 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

are u guys serious. I was always under the impression that like a hit would be as intense as an eighth. I can handle up to aorund 5g's g's of shrooms (comfortably) but i was always nervous about tripping to hard off 1 hit. hmmm interesting. So lets say i take 100 ug's in blotter form (1 hit), what wouold i be expecting. Like how intense is the body high, the visuals...and everything compared to an 1/8th
if u can just try to compare it would help alot, im just worried aabout tripppin to hard on acid.

PS.i know there very differant and tis ahrd to compare...but..bear with me.

OfflineD_M_X
Stranger

#5000557 - 11/30/05 09:44 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

2-3 strips roughly equal an eighth of shrooms. At least the shit I get.

--------------------
?Tech N9NE the craziest - forget the rest.?

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #5000574 - 11/30/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

If its good, probaby 1.5 hits should equal 1/8 of average cubes. But, it sounds like most of the acid out now is much less than the 100 mics/hit standard of yesteryear.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
    #5000576 - 11/30/05 09:49 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Why dont you start with just 1 hit then work your way up from there?

Mushrooms and LSD are both very intense - but they are intense in their own ways. Apples != Oranges

In some ways, 1 hit of LSD is 'more intense' than 5g of mushrooms. However, in other ways, 6 hits of LSD is less intense than 5g of mushrooms.

Just start off with 1 hit - its easy to handle (IMO atleast), and work your way up - did you try and compare "How intense is mushrooms compared to weed? Like, if I was to smoke 10 bowls, would that be similar to a gram of mushrooms?" - pretty irrelvant comparison IMO, and trying to do this with LSD and Mushrooms is pretty much the same I think.

The first time I did LSD, I pussed out and did half a hit to start, then a few hours later did another half hit - I wish I had done the whole hit at once.

2nd time I did LSD, I did two hits - it was /very/ intense, and I loved it. In some ways that was more intense then a lvl 4/5 mushroom trip, in other ways it was weaker.

Despite the world being converted to a bunch of scrolling argyle yellow and orange fractals, I was still able to get around and function - I was at an amusement park when I did this. But, I know if I had been on a lvl 4/5 mushroom trip - I would of been royally fucked.

In some ways, it was more intense then that, in other ways, it was less intense.

The visuals off of 2 hits were out of this world.

Then, once I was going to a rave, and I did 1 hit of LSD - and if anything, I found it to be "strong enough to be annoying, but not strong enough to be interesting".

I got visuals on par with a weak mushroom trip, no confusion - I was 100% there and with it, I saw some mild breathing, some patterns forming on the ground, but almost no closed eye visuals. My thought proccess was like, 95% normal.

Later on, I did 6 hits of a different blotter - For a while, this was on par with a lvl 5 mushroom trip - I was /useless/. I could barely walk I was so out of it. I loved it however, OBE, ego loss, etc - was amazing.

Later on, I did 3 hits of the same batch, it was close to being as intense as the 6 hits, but less "confusing". The OEV's were /far/ /far/ /far/ more intense then a lvl 5 mushroom trip however. My entire world was 100% replaced by patterns for awhile.

However, I was also getting "used" to this, if it was my first time having a trip like that - I would of said it was more intense than mushrooms, but having being 'used' to the expierence, I was able to function and get around normally.

Assuming "normal" recreational doses (ie: no 1,000mic hits of LSD) - I would be hard pressed to say one is more intense than the other.

The OEV's on LSD tend to be more intense then that on mushrooms. However, I find mushrooms tend to come with a more 'confusing' aspect to them which can make them disorienting, while on LSD - I feel far more lucid and capable.

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: shrooms to acid? [Re: kaniz]
    #5001027 - 11/30/05 11:54 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

well said

--------------------

OfflineOzzyGod
Stranger
    #5001663 - 12/01/05 09:04 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

hmm whats easier to control? an eighth of shrooms? or a hit of decent acid? Whats the coming up like? The mushroom coming up part is the worst, the gut rot and anxiety and shit. Is tehre anything like an anxiety or nervous feeling during the coming up? The feeling of "what have i done to myself"
sorry about alot of qeusitons, im cautious wiht drugs :crazy:
remember im talking about 1 hit only

Edited by OzzyGod (12/01/05 09:06 AM)

InvisibleMushy_face
Stranger

#5001733 - 12/01/05 09:32 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I have only done acid once, it was one hit and apperently 200 mics. This blew my mind off, i was tripping sooooooo hard, visuals were out of this world, looking around was incredible since everthing became spiralling fractals and stuff. Yet i was till funcioning normal, my mind was relitivly clear, outside of my mind evertying was obsurd. Mushrooms for me vary more, i might be fine, then one incident will take me suprised and il be ruduced to a shivering wreck on the floor. Iv found that acid twists the outside world more, but leaves your head relitvly intact, mushrooms do the opposite. However i belive they can be compared more accutaly than shrooms to weed. My guess would be 100 mics is anwhere from 15-30 grams of shrooms fresh.
But make sure you at least try 1 hit, it is absoltly sublime:D

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

#5001734 - 12/01/05 09:32 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I vote for : Just Do It.

While I think caution, research, and education are always GOOD qualities to have when it comes to researching drugs (I tend to be /very/ cautious when it comes to drugs). I think some people on this forum just go a little too far with the caution and just need to 'do it already'.

1 hit of LSD isnt going to be the end of the world, it isnt going to kill you, it isnt going to cause you to OD.

All my friends tried to 'warn me against doing acid', and when I finnaly tried it - I LOVED IT, and was annoyed at myself for listening to them for so long.

The come up on LSD.

- Shortly after doing it, you get a bit of a 'first alert', you arnt really feeling/seeing anything, but there is a "something".

- Then, the come on/up comes up very subtly, then its almost "wtf? when did the room start melting?", I found that I hardly even notice it, and its almost a supprise when its there.

For me, I find that LSD has two phases or three phases.

There is the come-up : enjoyable, subtle, it just kinda comes out of nowhere.

Then, there is what I can best describe as the "manic period", things feel a bit crazy/out of control - but FUN. I remeber laying on my beanbag chair with the sensation of being trapped underwater and just laughing my ass off. That is the 'peak' of the trip. I'd say this has the potential to be the most 'confusing' part of the expierence (for me atleast)

Then, slowly it starts to work its way down - and you sort of pleatue, you get 'used' to being in this new reality that you now reside in, and it very much becomes lucid/clear/in control.

Generally speaking, I like to reach the 'peak' while I am at home, then once I ride out the peak - I like going for walks, or to a club, or being outside, as I feel very lucid/confident and with it.

The /only/ time I've ever had a 'what have I done to myself?' sensation is when I did 6 hits of LSD and for a brief moment I thought i felt my brain frying - but I quickly realized that was a nonsense thought, and discounted it. This lasted all of a split second, I realized "wait, my brain isnt frying", and went on enjoying my trip.

But really, instead of trolling for answers here, I would HIGHLY suggest going to

Erowid Q & A section on LSD, and also check out the Expierences Vault

Spend a few hours reading over other peoples expierencs - see what they expierenced, felt, etc - LSD tends to be different for everyone - I've compared 'trip notes' with my BF before, and while some things are common between us, we both have very different all around expiernnces.

If you are as 'concerend and cautious' as you claim to be, read, read, and read some more of the expierences and info available on LSD.

I've found that reading trip reports / info on erowid has been the "saving grace" for me at times to talk myself out of a bad trip.

ie: I /KNOW/ that LSD doesnt fry your brain, so I knew what I was feeling was in my head, and nothing to worry about.

When I was on a lvl 5 mushroom trip and convinced "it was 3 days later, I'm never going to come out of it, OMG!", I got thinking about what I read on erowid, and realized "wait, no - other people have been here, and they are fine", and I snapped out of it and had fun.

Simply put - READ, READ, READ, READ, and when you think you have read enough - READ SOME MORE.

Stop trying to comparer LSD to Mushrooms, as they are more different then they are alike, simply READ (notice the trend - READ), trip reports/etc on erowid and other sites that have them, and they will help alot.

I tend to focus reading on the 'good/glowing/mystical' ones - as they help reinforce a positive mindset for a trip. But, it can also be good to read a few bad ones/train wrecks/etc, just to see what those are like also, and may be able to learn a few things to AVOID so you dont end up in the same situation as them.

Again, need I say it one more time? - READ :smile:

cheres mate - LSD is an amazing substance, treat it with respect, and it will treat you nicely. Treat is as "just another drug to get fucked up on", and it may not be so nice.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

#5001773 - 12/01/05 09:43 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

also, one last note (about to be late for class...)

- I had done mushrooms ALOT before doing LSD. I've had lvl 5 trips, been so confused I didnt even know I existed anymore. I've near every trip report on erowid, I've talked with friends who have done LSD, and you know - after all of that? after my first real strong LSD trip, I got talking with my BF and asked "Really, how do you prepare someone for that?" and we concluded - you simply cant.

Having done shrooms, K, E, meth, combo's of all the above. At the end of it - regardless of how much you prepare to do LSD, it will still knock your socks off and be nothing like you expected.

Hell, even on my 4th trip, I *THOUGHT* I knew LSD and what to expect - and it decided to show me a whole new level which I never knew existed.

Simply put - expect the unexpected, but enjoy the ride! Its fun, its amazing, its insightfull, its beautifull.

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

#5002836 - 12/01/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

a hit of acid, even the best acid that exists nowadays, is easy to control, you wont be that far gone off one hit...
if you eat an eighth of the right shrooms you will be babbling incoherently to your shoelace
the coming up on acid is more gentle too...
but i have also never had the thought of "what have i done to myself"

--------------------

OfflineOzzyGod
Stranger
    #5003929 - 12/01/05 07:32 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

hmm so form what i here mushrooms is more mind fuck that acid, and your head is relativly clear, correct? And also frmo what i hear kaniz, the comuing up is subtle and gentle. I just really hate the ocming up part of shrooms. So...are you more "out of it" and "gone" on an eighth than a hit of aorund 100 mics?

Also,ive done shrooms 4 or 5 times, with my highest dose at around 5-5.5g's (i dont know what level i was though), is this enough experience would u say to give a hit a go? I havent done E or any chemicals really. Juust that and a bit of crack onj top of the bowl of weed and salvia.

Edited by OzzyGod (12/01/05 07:38 PM)

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

#5003965 - 12/01/05 07:37 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

im not personally, gone on an eighth i mean, im speaking in generalities of possibilities

--------------------

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

#5004051 - 12/01/05 07:55 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

In all honest - yes, you should be fine, like I said, nothing can really prepare you for LSD. *most* other chems are nothing like it ie: E is /nothing/ like LSD at all, so dont even bother comparing. Some RC's like DOC/DOI/etc may be similar, but most chems arnt at all.

But, IMO - yes, you will be more 'with it and together' on 1 hit of normal LSD, then you would be on 5G worth of mushrooms.

However, your milage may vary - everyone is different. Mushrooms also vary in potency alot, I remeber one night munching back almost 10g worth, and hardly tripped at all. Next weekend, my BF takes mushrooms from the EXACT same batch, did like, 2g, and was sent to the moon.

IMO - people make LSD out to be more intense than it actually is. Yes, it is intense, it is a psychadelic, but it wasnt untill I upped my dosage to doing ~3-6 blotters that it started to feel 'a bit crazy and out of it', but even that - was less intense then most other people seem to make it out to be.

My BF was on 5 hits of LSD - and was basicly hiding in the bedroom for most of the night, while I was on 6 hits, and was itching to go outside, go for a walk. I felt 100% comfortable.

But seriously, its 1 hit - you'll enjoy it, the more you "worry" about it being too intense, the more you're damaging your 'set' going into the trip, and the more risk you have of it going bad IMO.

But yeah, I find the comeup of LSD to be pretty gentle, it kinda comes out of nowhere.

However, I normally dont mind the come-up of mushrooms at all either.

LSD is one of the LEAST toxic, and safest substances that you can put into your body.

I've only ever done 'just one hit' twice, once - did 1 hit in 2 halves, the other time I did 1 hit at once.

The 1st time.

- Felt slightly disoriented and disconnected from my body, but still 100% lucid
- Things started to look 'a bit waxy'
- I felt like a small man on a very big planet, going for a simple walk felt like an adventure
- I saw the moon bounce in the sky
- closed eye visuals were beautiful
- open eye visuals were not super intense, on par with an 'average' mushroom trip in terms of intensity, however very different in WHAT I was seeing.

2nd time I did 1 hit of LSD, I think it was 'weaker' stuff then the 1st time, but.

- Plants / nature in constant flowing motion
- I could see the START of patterning on the ground, I'd see like, a blue/purple thing start outlining patterns on the ground infront of me. It was like it was tracing the outlines of patterns on a persian rug
- Mentally, I was 95% with it - I was able to goto the store just fine, I ended up going to a club, which was very hectic and disorganized, but I was fully able to function
- Music sounded better, but not amazingly so
- Minimal CEV's, but they were there
- The world had a bit of a 'shimmer' to it, almost like it was candy coated, some 'melting', but nothing to crazy/intense.
- Distortions in depth and size perception, but still able to function just fine.

My BF that night, was all freaked out that "OMG, you're going to lose your shit and I'm going to need to babysit you all night, grr". But, I was "so with it", if I hadnt told him I had dropped LSD, he would of had NO idea that I was tripping. He was actually a bit mad, as he wanted to do LSD, but was afraid to do it and goto a club, then when he realized how well I was handling it, he wish he had dropped also.

So, yeah - I'd say 1 hit of LSD is less intense then 5g of mushrooms all around.

Personnaly, unless I was to come across some "super-potent blotter" and was told it was extra-strong, I wouldnt do any less then 2-3 hits at a time now, I found that the 1 hit I did going to the club, was "strong enough to be annoying, but not to be interesting/fun".

But, for 1st timer, it'd be the ideal way to go.

Lets put it this way: The time I did the 1 hit of LSD, I would of felt confident enough with my ability to function to go home and visit my parents. I dont even feel comfortable around my mom if I've smoked weed (she is VERY anti-drugs), and I would of felt fully able to interact with them while on 1 hit of LSD.

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

#5004072 - 12/01/05 08:00 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

the best i can tell you, like kaniz said, dont worry,

once this old hippy biker dude told me, if you are worried about tripping on acid AT ALL, if you have one little miniscule thought lingering in your subconscious that this isnt a good idea, or your scared, DONT DO IT, it will only result in a bad trip, just wait untill your comfortable, and the time will come, and thats when your time is right,

this dude traveled with the Dead for awhile so its safe to assume he knows his shit

--------------------

OfflineOzzyGod
Stranger
    #5004465 - 12/01/05 09:20 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

well, i wanna keep hearing peoples opinions on how many hits would compare with an eighth. Once again i know they are very differant, but how many hits would fuck u up as much as an eighth

What level of a trip is a hit?

if possible put it in this form

50 ug-level 1
100ug-level 2 <---- something in that form would help alot

thanks for all the answers

Edited by OzzyGod (12/01/05 09:23 PM)

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

#5004513 - 12/01/05 09:34 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

go read erowid reports and judge for yourself - I dont have anything more to add to this thread.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds