Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Looking for volunteer to do oral DMT experiment.
    #4747157 - 10/02/05 10:07 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

As you may have read in THIS post, cranberry, lemon, lime, and grapefruit greatly potentiates a mushroom trip as well as other tryptamines. This leaves open the possiblity of it enabling an oral DMT trip without the use of harmala. If anyones willing for the sake of experimentation, next time you drink you mimosa brew, or whatever DMT mixture you've made, instead of taking harmala, drink a cup of the aforementioned juices 15-30 minutes beforehand.

If this ends up working out, it could open new doors to a pure oral DMT trip, without any of the harmala interference.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Looking for volunteer to do oral DMT experiment. [Re: yousuck]
    #4747499 - 10/02/05 11:14 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

hmm.. i doubt it's related, but a test couldn't hurt with a willing subject.

However, for the sake of controlling your variables, I'd suggest against mimosa, as some think it contains some level of MAOI, and partially active alone.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Loc: Fairfax VA
Re: Looking for volunteer to do oral DMT experiment. [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4748274 - 10/03/05 05:18 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

DMT is not orally active without a MAOI. Shrooms do contain few DMT related alkaloids. This is why when someone takes shrooms + MAOI it intensifies the trip by activating the DMT related alkaloids.

This will most likely not work but is definitely worth a try!

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

OfflineThe14thWarrior
The Shootist

Re: Looking for volunteer to do oral DMT experiment. [Re: deficitism]
    #4748276 - 10/03/05 05:20 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

deficitism said:
DMT is not orally active without a MAOI. Shrooms do contain few DMT related alkaloids. This is why when someone takes shrooms + MAOI it intensifies the trip by activating the DMT related alkaloids.

Obviously shrooms contain DMT related alkaloids, like psilocybin and psilocin.

--------------------

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Re: Looking for volunteer to do oral DMT experiment. [Re: The14thWarrior]
    #4748285 - 10/03/05 05:27 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Warrior14 said:
Quote:

deficitism said:

Obviously shrooms contain DMT related alkaloids, like psilocybin and psilocin.

Actually, believe it or not, mushrooms contain small amounts of N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT). Since this is an orally inactive chemical, it takes a MAOI to bring the effects out.

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

OfflineThe14thWarrior
The Shootist

#4748286 - 10/03/05 05:29 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, I know.  I just thought it odd that someone had to mention that shrooms contain DMT-like alkaloids :smile:  I want to try shrooms with a MAOI.  Maybe a shroom-huasca, shrooms tea mixed with ayahuasca :smile:  I bet that would be rocking.

--------------------

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #4748317 - 10/03/05 05:57 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

deficitism said:

I think you are wrong here. A MAOi intensifies a trip because a MAOi inhibits MAO's. Monoamine oxidases (MAOs) catalyze the oxidative deamination of monoamines. MAOs are also vital to the inactivation of monoaminergic neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine. They also work on Psilocin and this is why the trip is longer and intenser if you take a MAOi. That's what I've read about this subject. Correct me with some good information if I'm wrong.

http://nepenthes.lycaeum.org/Plants/shrooms/maoi.shrooms.html

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Looking for volunteer to do oral DMT experiment. [Re: Annom]
    #4748434 - 10/03/05 07:58 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

You're both right, well, potentially. MAOIs prevent the metabolizing of psilocin, but in addition, mushrooms have tested to contain DMT. DMT itself not being active without an MAOI. It's all a matter of how much is in there. I don't think it's much, but if its enough, the MAOI would certainly have a major effect. Even if it's not the standalone 'active dose' on erowid, it could easily contribute to the trip, or modify the psilocin's effects.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Looking for volunteer to do oral DMT experiment. [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4748439 - 10/03/05 08:03 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, I can imagine that there are more substances that become active with a MAOi, but is there enough DMT in mushrooms to cause any noticeable effects?

How much DMT does Psilocybe Cubensis contain? Any source?

OfflineManninee
Psilence IsGolden

Loc: The Sea
Re: Looking for volunteer to do oral DMT experiment. [Re: Annom]
    #4748498 - 10/03/05 08:34 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Anyway, grapefruit/cranberry/lemon/lime juices probably potentiate shroom trips by the partial deactivation of some liver enzymes of the 'cytochrome p450' class by chemicals they contain called bioflavonoids. I dont think they work on MAO (which metabolises DMT).

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Looking for volunteer to do oral DMT experiment. [Re: Manninee]
    #4748917 - 10/03/05 11:15 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Um yeah, as this threads totally gone off the track. Is anyone going to try it?

Its going to be a couple of weeks before i can try it.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#4748936 - 10/03/05 11:22 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Or you just mean off track of your guinea pig search?

--------------------

Edited by elgr (02/04/06 07:52 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Looking for volunteer to do oral DMT experiment. [Re: Manninee]
    #4748963 - 10/03/05 11:28 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Perhaps Cranberry juice (interesting thread that was!) increases the permeability of the stomach lining for DMT or its salts. In that case you would get orally active DMT.

Cranberry juice allegedly potentiated shrooms. (4-HO-DMT)
If it were merely a p450 effect w/ the cranberry juice the shrooms would not have "multiplied in intensity". There is reason to believe that once in the bloodstream both 4-HO-DMT and DMT go the same way metabolically, but DMT is not getting there via the oral route for reasons we think to understand but are not 100% sure about.

Quote:

]THE CHALLENGE STILL STANDS:
As you may have read in THIS post, cranberry, lemon, lime, and grapefruit greatly potentiates a mushroom trip as well as other tryptamines. This leaves open the possiblity of it enabling an oral DMT trip without the use of harmala. If anyones willing for the sake of experimentation, next time you drink you mimosa brew, or whatever DMT mixture you've made, instead of taking harmala, drink a cup of the aforementioned juices 15-30 minutes beforehand.
If this ends up working out, it could open new doors to a pure oral DMT trip, without any of the harmala interference.

Let's not get in the way of the spirit of invention. If someone is in posession of isolated DMT it would be *much* appreciated if he'd want to dissolve some in a glass of cranberry juice and drink it on an empty stomach, lets say an hour after an initial glass of cranberry juice.

If CRANBERRYHUASCA works it would be a great discovery and possibly preferable to Syrian Rue.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Re: Looking for volunteer to do oral DMT experiment. [Re: Asante]
    #4749725 - 10/03/05 02:40 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Another experiement would be making an ayahausca chocolate brew. Being that chocolate has been known to be a mild MAOI, this tek could activate the DMT alkaloids just enough to produce an ayahausca trip... The chocolate mixture would probably have to be in its most concentrated form. Whatever that may be.

--------------------

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

#4751914 - 10/03/05 10:20 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

chocolate is too mild of an maoi to do anything. Infact, when under the influence of an maoi, its dangerous to eat any decent amount of chocolate. On top of that, the chocolate might slow absorbtion of the mimosa brew. I mean, if you want to, go for it, i just dont think it will work.

OfflineImNtCrzy
Strangest
 User Gallery
    #4752453 - 10/03/05 11:52 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

It just so happens that I've used mimosa / rue analogues the past 2 weekends. I have been drinking large amounts of cranberry afterwards and havent noticed any tyramine maoi interferences. The worst part of my last 2 trips was the taste of the mimosa.... I'm just a bit reluctant to taste that vile brew with a chance of a dud. I'm going to try a recipe that is supposed to make the taste of mimosa less vile... if I do I may try cranberry instead of rue. I wonder how much cranberry should I drink?

--------------------
everything is the button

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Looking for volunteer to do oral DMT experiment. [Re: ImNtCrzy]
    #4754601 - 10/04/05 02:00 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

heh, mimosa is just an aquired taste and its really not that bad once you get passed the astringent properties of the tannins. Its the rue that tastes truly horrid. Drink at least a cup of cranberry.

OfflineThePredator
Your a eunich ifyou don't useunix!

#4754812 - 10/04/05 02:38 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

When eaten orally DMT is destroyed by the monoamine oxidases. No matter how much your stomach absorbs, it will be destroyed. If you take an MAOI it does not get destroyed. 4-HO-DMT is recognized as serotonin so not all of it is destroyed (some is though), DMT on the other hand is only ever found beyond the metabolites, so they simply recognize it as a tyramine and destroy it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag