Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
is it true, not sleeping. hallucinations?
    #4692754 - 09/21/05 10:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

is it true you can start to hallucinate when yuo havent slept for like 36 hours?

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: is it true, not sleeping. hallucinations? [Re: XUL]
    #4692792 - 09/21/05 10:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know for sure but I'd say yes, or at least it wouldn't surprise me if the answer was yes. I've been without sleep for 40 or more hours before and it starts to get fucked up. I don't like it. You're head just gets messed and I don't know. It really sucks to be like that when you're working a graveyard shift of a convenience store by yourself though.

InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
    #4692893 - 09/21/05 10:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

72 hours would probably cause some true hallucinations. After 36 hours one might experience auditory hallucinations and some mild visual disturbances. It all depends on the person, I'm sure some people would be just fine after 36 hours, while others would be screwed up pretty bad.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #4692928 - 09/21/05 10:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well I plowed snow last winter, and I was called in sometimes at 2 or 3 am and we wouldn't stop for over 30 hours or so depending on the storm. I was definetly seeing things creeping in my peripherals, certain things would scare the shit out of me, it's a wierd/uncomfortable place to be in.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4692966 - 09/21/05 10:42 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Depends on the person. Sleep deprivation most definitely can cause hallucinations, but some people will take 70 or 80+ hours before they begin. I've stayed up around 50+ hours before and, for example, I'd walk down a hallway and see someone in a room out of the corner of my eye, and then look and realize no one was there, but no true hallucinations.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: is it true, not sleeping. hallucinations? [Re: Ravus]
    #4692980 - 09/21/05 10:44 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ya it's like that peripheral and auidtory shit. i know if i'd go longer it'd get worse

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4692997 - 09/21/05 10:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yes, its happened to me many times being an insomniac, but not heavy hallucinating or anything, small stuff.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: is it true, not sleeping. hallucinations? [Re: Locus]
    #4693229 - 09/21/05 11:20 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Supposedly you can't actually die from sleep deprivation. People have gone months without sleep and doctors have found that during every blink a millisecond of REM sleep occurs.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

OfflineTranceharper
Psychokitty

Loc: Pacific Northwest USA
Re: is it true, not sleeping. hallucinations? [Re: looner2]
    #4693750 - 09/22/05 01:26 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yes sleep deprivation can produce many mental effects, visual / auditory disturbances as well ... even more amplified if the sleep deprivation is following a period of brain chemistry alteration ... I myself was for a long time, one who did not sleep for several days, two was common, three - five days without sleep were not unheard of for me, explanations for this there really arent any, but after awhile things do get quite odd , various cultures used sleep deprivation in the shamanic context , probobly for this very reason. I find that in that context, it is more powerful then any ethnogen I have experienced , and at the latter end of the spectrum , especialy when combined with fasting , lack of food and sleep, produces delerium , not unlike tropane nightshades ( Yeah I know I refer back to that, but I have experienced the sleep deprivation / fasting many times , and many before my body even felt the delerium tropanes cause, it is very similar ) -Tranceharper

--------------------
Meow ===^{o_o}^===

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #4693874 - 09/22/05 02:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ya, sleep dep makes me see crazy ass shit. the worst is when you are driving tired at night (i wouldnt recomend this) i try not too, but sometimes i just do ya know? ive seen street signs turn into pedestrians, big black dogs running beside my car that werent there, mostly just shit out of the corner of the eye, or a play on shadows or something.....its crazy

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: is it true, not sleeping. hallucinations? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #4701205 - 09/23/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

considerably less...

i went like 30 once (okay it could have been 36?) trying to do the uberman sleep schedule (polphasic napping to induce instant REM)

well i didn't last long, but i felt like i was completely out of the normal world, like i was walking around super high in a dissociated way.... like i was constantly dreaming.

then i took a nap and had very immediate and bizzarre dreams about chappelle's show.

it was almost worth it for the dreams alone... but sleep deprivation sucks.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: is it true, not sleeping. hallucinations? [Re: leery11]
    #4702221 - 09/23/05 07:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It's... Interesting. The same way Datura is interesting but probably much less dangerous. I never made it too far without chemical help, I can go about 30 hours before I lie down to watch TV or something and pass out. One time I did some speed with a friend one night and then the next day I decided I had been up so long I might as well try the sleep deprivation experiment.

I had a lot of paranoia, mistaking piles of clothes for the dog etc.... But the only real hallucination I had was a bunch of blobs (sort of maggot shape) crawling around on my window. I had to go to sleep when every time the wind moved a leg hair I thought a spider was crawling up it.

There was also one time I had gone on a 4 day binge or so and when I came down I started talking to myself but I thought I was talking to my friend until he told me to stop. Interesting experience.....

--------------------
]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale