Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

How to avoid getting "Busted!" while using drugs
    #4527329 - 08/12/05 05:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

How to avoid getting "Busted!" while using drugs
August 11, 2005 - reuters.com

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A New York defense attorney has some advice for drug users who want to avoid arrest: stay at home and don't use illegal narcotics around children.

Author M. Chris Fabricant said his book "Busted! Drug War Survival Skills" is not designed to promote drug use. "Drugs don't need their own PR," he said.

Instead, Fabricant said he wants to help people better understand and protect their constitutional rights, which he said have been eroded by court rulings over the last 30 years.

The book, released this week by publisher HarperCollins, draws from Fabricant's experiences representing clients charged with drug offenses and coaching friends who have been arrested.

He makes three main recommendations.

"Don't sell (drugs), don't do it with the kid and stay home," Fabricant said in an interview on Thursday.

When drugs are used when children are present, he said, a prosecutor will emphasize the irresponsibility of raising children in potentially harmful conditions.

He also said police and prosecutors are increasingly targeting drug users as well as dealers.

"Busted!" offers tips on what to do if arrested. For example, roll down the car window well before the police officer arrives to air out the vehicle, and be courteous during a traffic stop.

With illustrations by counterculture graphic artist R. Crumb, the book takes a lighthearted journey through several serious situations, such as being arrested and appearing in court.

Fabricant, who supports the legalization of marijuana, called the war on drugs "a failure and unfair." He said defendants have increasingly fewer rights because the U.S. Constitution's Fourth Amendment, which prohibits unreasonable searches without probable cause, has been weakened considerably.

"You have no Fourth Amendment rights when you leave the house," he said, arguing that the U.S. Supreme Court in the last 30 years has essentially eliminated any rights to privacy while in a car. He cited random searches of bags on the New York subway as another example.

Not everyone agrees with Fabricant's point of view.

"If read by teens it would give them a sense they can continue to do this (take drugs) and say, 'I don't have to lead a drug-free life, I can lead a jail-free life,"' said Paul Costiglio, spokesman for the Partnership For a Drug-Free America. "That's counterproductive to our efforts."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: How to avoid getting "Busted!" while using drugs [Re: veggie]
    #4530966 - 08/13/05 06:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:

"If read by teens it would give them a sense they can continue to do this (take drugs) and say, 'I don't have to lead a drug-free life, I can lead a jail-free life,"' said Paul Costiglio, spokesman for the Partnership For a Drug-Free America. "That's counterproductive to our efforts."

I'm very much interested in living a jail-free life!

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: How to avoid getting "Busted!" while using drugs [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4536757 - 08/15/05 02:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

>"Busted!" offers tips on what to do if arrested. For example, roll down the car window well before the police officer arrives to air out the vehicle, and be courteous during a traffic stop.

I think, if your arrested, its a bit late to "air out the car".

>"You have no Fourth Amendment rights when you leave the house," he said, arguing that the U.S. Supreme Court in the last 30 years has essentially eliminated any rights to privacy while in a car. He cited random searches of bags on the New York subway as another example.

No shit man!

I like this book, as I to am interested in a jail free life.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: How to avoid getting "Busted!" while using drugs [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4538632 - 08/15/05 03:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

lol...holla.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale