Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFreedomFight
Strange

Quitting Weed... constant fatigue
    #4515998 - 08/09/05 09:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Lets start this off with some history. I smoked pretty much all the time. Basically it would start with a wake'n'bake and end with a nightcap with lots of fun in between. My reason for quitting is not because of all the negative aspects in my life (although there were a few). To be honest, I just wonder what life is like without being high most of the time. Because of this curiosity I have decided to not smoke NO MATTER WHAT until New Years eve.

So far, I am always tired (even moreso than when I was smoking all the time). My brain is overloaded with memory and feelings and quitting weed is ironically having a negative effect on my life. The next few months will be extremely difficult for me if this does not let up soon.

Has anyone else experienced the fatigue and brain farts like this as well? How long until I am at least up to the level I was at before I quit?

--------------------
I do not grow anything illegal.
I do not sell anything.
I am, however, a very curious individual.
I also try to be helpful.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Quitting Weed... constant fatigue [Re: FreedomFight]
    #4516123 - 08/09/05 09:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I've never heard of the fatigue and brain farts so to speak, sorry. I was in the same boat as you, being a heavy user for years, then just woke up one day and quit. Got tired of the lack of motivation, concentration and overall desire to sit around and do nothing--that sucked. Get on a good diet and exercise routine if you can, these will improve your energy levels tremendously.

Since quitting a couple years ago, I never think about herb and find it hard to even smoke occasionally. So, it does get better in time.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: Quitting Weed... constant fatigue [Re: Holydiver]
    #4516359 - 08/09/05 10:22 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I also quit cold turkey after 8 years of living for nothing but the smoke. My daily routine was around a 1/2 oz a day. Then, after problems with my thyroid (hypothyretic) I had to quit.For my first couple of months, I wasnt worth a fuck. You have to remember, when u do anything longer than six weeks, your making a change in lifestyle.Also, your body was used to having these extra chemicals and you were used to these moods caused by them.
Just hang in there, give it time and you will feel better in the long run. It sure is nice having the money you wasted on weed to do other things. Like growing edible and medicinal mushrooms(lol).

InvisibleFreedomFight
Strange

Re: Quitting Weed... constant fatigue [Re: FungusMan]
    #4516790 - 08/10/05 12:06 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I was thinking about it today and it could possibly be the loss of apetite leading to loss of intake or something. I'm not gonna give in but it sure does suck quitting and feeling even less active. Thanks for the input.

--------------------
I do not grow anything illegal.
I do not sell anything.
I am, however, a very curious individual.
I also try to be helpful.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4516966 - 08/10/05 01:51 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

my appetite actually goes through the roof shortly after i quit, which leads to being fiendishly hungry even after eating a full meal and then some.

i usually smoke in moderate bursts though and then quit a week or so.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4517117 - 08/10/05 04:12 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

sure it is making you feel weird! you're used to being stoned ALL the time, it's like a habit for you.  Because you're not used to this new thing (being sober) you'll have to get used to that and that can take a while. After you' acclimatized to the sober thing it's actually pretty good usually :wink:

Also for less fatigue go do things and eat more healthy (like fruit n stuff :smirk: ). When you're feeling tired you don't feel like doing anything probably, but when you're actually starting doing things (like running, hiking,working out, any other active sport) you'll get energy from it. maybe your body gets tired but mentally you'll feel refreshed.

now go for it :thumbup:

OfflineColdNewWorld
LovePirateLostOnTheSea
Re: Quitting Weed... constant fatigue [Re: stefan]
    #4548506 - 08/17/05 08:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Think about it. When your depressed (im not saying your depressed) you get tired, because you have nothing to look forward to. Theres no motivation that excites you. Now try this and tell me it doesnt work.
Think about getting high, say marijuana, pot, or something else in your brain and see if that doesnt stop your fatigue for atleast a few seconds.
its all about motivation

OfflineD00B
Stranger

Re: Quitting Weed... constant fatigue [Re: ColdNewWorld]
    #4549008 - 08/17/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Fatigue is a normal side effect when quitting pot after using it habitually..

Turn back to what has taken control...Try taking some hemp oil or some hemp enhanced foods...That Omega-3 will improve your energy and your well being...Also try to change your diet it will help you drastically...

Here's some good links:
http://www.eat-online.net/english/education/depression_and_diet/depression_and_diet.htm
http://health.ivillage.com/mentalhealth/mhdepress/0,,h8r6-1,00.html

Offlinewavegirl
Stranger

Re: Quitting Weed... constant fatigue [Re: FreedomFight] * 1
    #15228134 - 10/15/11 02:09 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I know this is an old thread but it came up in a google search for quitting drugs so...

After being a heavy smoker for 15 years, I quit weed 2 weeks ago and I am so tired I can't believe it. It's all I can do to get to work, I come home and sleep afterwards. I'm constantly tired.

I also have very little appetite and really weird, long dreams -- that might be why. I'm not giving up but I think it's probably a common response.

Don't give up, I'm sure it just takes a bit of time!

Offlinemetall
storm tripper

Loc: van bc
Re: Quitting Weed... constant fatigue [Re: wavegirl]
    #15232288 - 10/16/11 01:48 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i say these are not side effect but the reason u began smoking pot was to combat the very thigns u no see as side effects i no all the reason i started smokign weed for comeback as soon as i quit so i return to using my harmelss medicine to avoid those very things godi hate dreams and pain and lack fo hunger that lead me to smoke weed in the first place and weed is wierd helps me sleep or keep me awake depending on what i want at that time.

--------------------
FUCK OFF FEDS PEOPLE NEED THEIR MEDS

Offlinerob8all
The Looker
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle Flag
Re: Quitting Weed... constant fatigue [Re: ColdNewWorld]
    #15232464 - 10/16/11 04:16 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ColdNewWorld said:
Think about it. When your depressed (im not saying your depressed) you get tired, because you have nothing to look forward to. Theres no motivation that excites you. Now try this and tell me it doesnt work.
Think about getting high, say marijuana, pot, or something else in your brain and see if that doesnt stop your fatigue for atleast a few seconds.
its all about motivation

this

Offlinewavegirl
Stranger

#16027249 - 04/01/12 12:55 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Well it's some time later and my energy has returned. I did fall off the wagon for a week or two and went through the tiredness again afterwards. I did a little reading and apparently it takes time for your body to get used to producing stuff like endorphins and dopamine without being triggered by stuff.

Sucks that even a little time smoking again makes the tirednes come back though. :eek:

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
    #16027713 - 04/01/12 03:46 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

It's been 21 days since I last smoked weed. There's nothing special about life sober, it's far more boring.

edit: oops this is one hell of a dead post

Edited by Beanhead (04/01/12 03:48 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures