Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejoyride
journeyman
peoples reactions at stores
    #450482 - 11/07/01 04:15 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

i think its hilarious when you are going into stores looking for your supplies, today i was getting some 1/2 pint canning jars, and im talkin to the lady, and their bout 3 different ones, im like i need them tapered and kinda short not tall and skinny

she pauses and looks at me and is like "now i dont know what your doing with these and i dont want to know but heres what you need"

i think its kinda funny,
or when they ask you what are you doing with perlite and vermeculite in the winter ( i live in canada ) im like im making a terrarium, and they come back with "i dont wanna know"....

kinda feel goofy but its prdy funny seeing the looks on their faces

no one belives a 17 yr old is making jam with 1/2 pint jars :)

Darren

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: peoples reactions at stores [Re: joyride]
    #450492 - 11/07/01 04:23 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Heh, the other day, I bought pint jars, vermiculite, perlite and peat moss. The gal knew exactly what I was up to. "Planning a busy day?", she asked, with a knowing smile.

Offlinemycocitizen
journeyman
Loc: USA
Re: peoples reactions at stores [Re: puscle]
    #450499 - 11/07/01 04:26 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

First time I went to buy vermiculite the attendant asked my friend and I if we had found some new way to chill our beer. I just smiled at him and said, "yeah, something like that."

--------------------
"Well why not? Anything worth doings, worth doing right"

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

Re: peoples reactions at stores *DELETED* [Re: puscle]
    #450500 - 11/07/01 04:27 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by TeRzMaStA

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: peoples reactions at stores [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #450509 - 11/07/01 04:35 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

When I was buying jars a friend was working the the store and asked me why the fuck I wanted 1/2 pint jars. I told him I broke some of my moms. I buy Vermiculite and Perlite with no problems. Last time I asked for dehumidifying agents I got some really funny looks. Just yesterday I bought some H202 and some 99% Alcohol and one of my sisters friends was in the store and asked me why the fucked I wanted that:

"For school" I replied

OMFG! She gave me the funniest look. She must of thought I was a fucking crack head or something buying something to make a meth lab or something. Some old lady looked at my funny too. One time a guy asked me what I needed 1/2pint jars for. He was like "two teenagers on skateboards looking for 1/2ping jars?" So I said "to put stuff in" hah that was classic. Fuck them, they can suck my cock. Next time I get a weird question from a store i'm gonna say "you know what -- I dont want your shit" and go give somewhere else my business. Its none of their fucking business

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Offlinejoyride
journeyman
Re: peoples reactions at stores [Re: phrozendata]
    #450512 - 11/07/01 04:39 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

hahaha
yeah when i bought 2 bottles of h202 i got the weird look, maybe cause at first i had like 6, then im like nah ill only need 3 prolly i can always come back

their like WTF?

haha
damnit i forgot the rubbin alchohol while i was their!! err

also, all i need now is brown rice flower and perlite? any ideas?

perlites hard to find in the winter months in canada man

Darren

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #450515 - 11/07/01 04:42 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Brown Rice Flour - health food stores. If you cant find it there then go buy some brown rice and make it into flour yourself. Although, that will need a coffee grinder or something.

Perlite -- gardenstores or walmart type stores

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

InvisibleSumGuy
addict

#450522 - 11/07/01 04:46 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Why dont you try a hydroponic store and buy a 500 ml bottle of 35% hydrogen peroxide instead of a whole bunch of 3% ... since you're adding the 3% to 10 parts water and paying 2 bucks / 500ml bottle you should get a 500 ml bottle of 35% for 9 bucks and add it to 100 parts water (obviously not at once) but it sure saves money and the funny looks...

--------------------
-SumGuy :cool:

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

Re: peoples reactions at stores *DELETED* [Re: joyride]
    #450526 - 11/07/01 04:48 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by TeRzMaStA

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

Offlinejoyride
journeyman
Re: peoples reactions at stores [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #450529 - 11/07/01 04:53 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

what about trying to get it across to people you need an ULTRA sonic humidifire not some goofy steam one

their like uhh what do you need that for

jeez it dosent matter woman!
some people, to damn nosey for their own good :)

darren

Anonymous

#450544 - 11/07/01 05:02 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Lets see, I'll take two heating pads, two rubbermaid containers, one bottle of rubbing alcahol,a bottle of peroxide,some Tic Tacs, and do you guys carry syringes?

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: peoples reactions at stores [Re: ]
    #450549 - 11/07/01 05:05 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

i never had that happen to me man, i was with my mom when buying all my supplies, never had any1 ask, but im sure they'll ask a kid with a icp shirt about why he's buying all this shit, unless im with my parents, heh

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Offlinemoxjet20
Loc: santa cruz, magical land ...
    #450607 - 11/07/01 05:52 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

haha yeah i love the stares. i tell everyone "i need it for my lizard's terrarium" no matter what it is, it is easier that way and at least they can't really argue.

oh and downforpot if i saw a kid buying a bunch of jars wearing an icp shirt i would assume it was to collect semen with for later consumption- i wouldn't worry about it, pretty standard thing for fans of such shitty, shitty music

hey darren we have the same name we even spell it the same isn't that neat

--------------------
Free Spore Ring
what became of subtlety?

Offlineiono
    #450654 - 11/07/01 06:20 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

jaM?? dayamgood idea. and ive been wasting my jars on colonizing mycel this whole time!!!

Offlinedoomsday
journeyman

Re: peoples reactions at stores [Re: iono]
    #450827 - 11/07/01 08:13 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I'm only 22 but I often get mistaken for a cop, not that they cant be 22, i dont know? (just have that 'look' and composure I guess). When I have a bunch of supplies that screams he's up to no good, people get really confused and kinda flustered. Really funny!

--------------------
/* echos */

Offlineflaw
enthusiast
Re: peoples reactions at stores [Re: doomsday] * 1
    #450907 - 11/07/01 09:04 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Its so simple when they ask what its for.

For fun, Just tell them -

"I'm growing illegal drugs."

Its so blunt nobody will believe you. When I'm in a store with a friend I'm always going on about how I pay for stuff with the proceeds of my crack deals. How we had a great crackpipe before coming out in the morning... etc etc and I'm a great liar, so i do it with a deadly straight face. The less emotion on your face the better.

Anyway, maybe you shouldn't listen to this advice (or take it seriously :), but if you know you're a good liar you could pull that one off. I've had the science project one before, buying syringes from a feed store. Quite frankly nobody gives a shit what you're up to when they're a checkout operator so say whatever the hell you want.

Edited by flaw (11/07/01 09:05 PM)

OfflineCub
Loc: Northern VA
Re: peoples reactions at stores [Re: flaw]
    #450951 - 11/07/01 09:28 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I've also had some trouble finding jars. Lol it was ok after I told her it had to be wide mouth so my "cakes" would slide out easily. Hahah she told me "that's an interesting way of making cup cakes" and asked me for the recipe. Now that I think of it I wish I had told her to use brown rice and vermiculite pressure cooked at 15 psi for 30 minutes. That would have gotten an interesting reaction :)

Anonymous

Re: peoples reactions at stores [Re: Cub]
    #450988 - 11/07/01 09:51 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

this is the funniest thread I've read. I've been crackin' up in the library reading it.

I only have issues at the hardware store... (don't have an oven, tried to build one...) I told them silk screening. Went back a few weeks and they are like, uh oh, it's the crazy guy again. (note, I had pressure cooker in hand) I'm like, I need to fit two cakes in here. they are like, what the fuck, so I say what I always say.... bonzai trees! they don't take up much room, but in 5 years I can sell them for $100. Works every times. I bought out walmarts supply of oven bags "doing a lot of baking huh, son" "yeah." um, jars, today, safeway didn't have them out, so I asked, and they had someone go to the backroom with me. The manager was like "oh, I'm so glad we had them for you!" thats about it *shrug* not nearly as funny as the rest tho.

Offlineamazinblue
Stranger
Loc: michigan
Re: peoples reactions at stores [Re: Anonymous]
    #451079 - 11/07/01 10:57 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I went to meijers to buy some syringes, i was like, don't you have any that hold 10CC's? They were like, what a cc? The lady had to ask her boss :) I had to get 5CC syringes instead. I bought like 20 of them, smiled and said thanks. lol

Offlinefoo
tsonoqua
 User Gallery

#451158 - 11/07/01 11:37 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Myparents:
What's this in the coffee grinder?
me: Brown rice flower
What do you need brown rice flower for?
I dunno.
Are you baking something?
not really, I dunno(walk away)

My parents:
Why are all the jars in your room?
I dunno
What are you doing w/ them?
I dunno (walk away)

--------------------
"I get up, I walk, I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates