Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Grateful Dead and various drug bust radio snippits from the 60's (mp3s)
    #4460179 - 07/27/05 01:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Here are some radio snippets from the 60's about both The Grateful Dead and various drug busts.  Below the links and file size/running time stats, I'll comment on why I like each file.  Check these out and discuss.  Please let me know if any of them don't work.  One of them was acting up a little earlier as I was making this thread...............

Grateful Dead ? Pot Bust News Snippet (KFWB, Los Angeles)
936kb / :23
This is a really cool clip here, because it's announcement of the arrest of Pigpen, Danny Rifken(sp?) and Bob Weir in San Francisco.  It's short, but sweet.

Promo for The Band - "Music From The Big Pink" and Grateful Dead - "Anthem Of The Sun"
This promo is about the two albums listed above.  For some reason, no Dead songs were played.  Only The Band's The Weight is played even after "Anthem Of The Sun" is mentioned. 

Grateful Dead, Yellow Payges and The Power ? Hullabaloo Club Concert Promo Spot (KBLA)
1.87mb / :48
Some club named "Hullabaloo" promoting a show by The Dead along with two groups named Yellow Payges and The Power.  I've never heard of them.

ABC News Story - LSD
1.94mb / :50
Here you have a short news story about the LSD "problem".  Some guy who is secretary of health education and welfare named John Gardener is asked whether making LSD illegal will impede on necessary research of these drugs.  The guy says "no".  Not too long after this, all research on psychedelics was shut down by the government.

Carnation Instant Breakfast Spot ? ?Turned On World?
2.42mb / 1:03
I love this little commercial.  This is a really good example of how popular psychedelia had become in the late sixties.  Here you have Carnation Instant Breakfast marketing hot chocolate to people by using psychedelic lingo like "turned on"!  Imagine a world where peace, love and psychedelia is very profitable!  It was a reality for a short while in the late sixties.

KRLA News ? Canceled Hippie Love-In at the Grand Canyon
1.62mb / :42
Here is a short radio news clip about a proposed "Love In" at the Grand Canyon being canceled at the last minute due to hesitant promoters and problems with food, water and everything else people need when camping out.  This clip is especially interesting to me, because I had one of the greatest mushroom trips of my life at the Grand Canyon in 2001.

Various Drug Related Stories (KRLA Los Angeles)
2.14mb / :56
Here's a news broadcast about three drug busts.  The first is about a couple who stole a car.  Their poodle had a half-smoked joint in it's sweater( :rolleyes: ).  I love the way the broadcaster mentions the joint with disgust in his voice.  The next one is about some guy who is caught with $10,000 worth of pills of some kind.  The guy claimed he wanted to mix it with chicken feed in order to increase egg production.  The third is about Drew Barrymore's father being busted for, get this, cigarette papers (used to roll joints).  That's interesting because he starred in a anti-marijuana film called "Jack Arnold's High School Confidential".  Perhaps being involved in that film was one of the conditions of his release?

Hippie Mother Kills her baby on LSD (KFWB, LA)
1.34mb / :35
Here's a story about a young hippie mother who stabs her two year old son with a broken wine bottle, while supposedly under the influence of acid.  She was found to be legally insane.

KHJ 2020 News ? Aircraft Worker Crashes Car on LSD
1.73mb / :45
Man takes acid.  Gets in car wreck.  Flips out on cops.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Edited by Learyfan (07/27/05 01:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: Grateful Dead and various drug bust radio snippits from the 60's (mp3s) [Re: Learyfan]
    #4460200 - 07/27/05 01:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

:thumbup: :heart: :gd_icon:

--------------------

InvisibleNoetical
Flip Horrorshow

Re: Grateful Dead and various drug bust radio snippits from the 60's (mp3s) [Re: Learyfan]
    #4460202 - 07/27/05 01:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks man

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Grateful Dead and various drug bust radio snippits from the 60's (mp3s) [Re: Noetical]
    #4460249 - 07/27/05 01:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You're welcome guys, but I'm interested in knowing which ones you downloaded and what you thought of them.

--------------------

Edited by Learyfan (07/27/05 01:43 PM)

InvisibleNoetical
Flip Horrorshow

#4460293 - 07/27/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I've downloaded the Grateful Dead Pot Bust, The ABC LSD Story, and the LSD Pilot.

I think the GD Bust and the ABC story are really good and I'm going to use them as intros and seguways on various cds

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Grateful Dead and various drug bust radio snippits from the 60's (mp3s) [Re: Noetical]
    #4460310 - 07/27/05 01:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Haha, nice.  That's pretty sweet right there.  :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order