Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Police confiscate "magic mushrooms" [IL]
    #4383807 - 07/08/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Edwardsville man faces drug charges
July 8, 2005 - goedwardsville.com

Police confiscate "magic mushrooms"
A 26-year-old Edwardsville man was charged recently with possession of psilocybin, a hallucinogenic drug commonly known as "magic mushrooms." Authorities say the incident happened Feb. 25 near Joe Glik Park in Edwardsville.

On Wednesday, Madison County State's Attorney Bill Mudge charged Rodney B. Goodwin with unlawful possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a public park. Goodwin allegedly possessed 65 grams of psilocybin at his home in Edwardsville.

His bail was set at $60,000, and he had not been taken into custody Wednesday afternoon.

The investigation was carried out by the Metropolitan Enforcement Group of Southwestern Illinois. A spokesperson for M.E.G.S.I was not immediately available for comment.

Psilocybin is a Schedule I substance, the same as heroin and LSD. The mushrooms are available fresh or dried and have long, slender stems topped by caps with dark gills on the underside, according to information from the National Drug Intelligence Center, a branch of the U.S. Department of Justice.

Psilocybin can be ingested orally or brewed as tea, or added to other foods to mask the flavor. According to the NDIC, the mushroom is popular at raves, clubs, and on college campuses. The drug has several negative physical side effects including nausea, vomiting, muscle weakness, and loss of muscular coordination, according to the NDIC.

Goodwin also faces a bench trial on July 21 in Madison County Circuit Court for several alleged misdemeanor violations.

The charges stem from his arrest for allegedly possessing less than 10 grams of marijuana.

The arrest also resulted in charges of possession of a brass hitter pipe used to smoke marijuana and with giving a 12-ounce can of beer to a minor.

Police arrested him at 1 a.m. on the property of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechonyidbardo
Retinal CircusClown
Loc: Blissful Void
Re: Police confiscate "magic mushrooms" [IL] [Re: veggie]
    #4383967 - 07/08/05 12:51 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

wow, what a "bad seed", I bet they throw the book at him. Intent to deliver, at his home, just because there was a park near by? Sounds like a bad idea to walk around campus while smoking pot, drinking/sharing beers and possibly tripping when you have a big stash at home.

--------------------
The Void is not nothingness
The Void is beginning and end itself

Invisiblegema
Freedom from the Known

Loc: t(here)
Re: Police confiscate "magic mushrooms" [IL] [Re: chonyidbardo]
    #4384130 - 07/08/05 01:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I used to go to that school. Law enforecement is trying to take back the town. really pushing to alter the city's and universities' image as a party school which in my opinion, is far from a party school.

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Police confiscate "magic mushrooms" [IL] [Re: gema]
    #4387320 - 07/09/05 04:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

<<The drug has several negative physical side effects including nausea, vomiting, muscle weakness, and loss of muscular coordination, according to the NDIC.>>

::Cough, cough:: What about all of the positive effects? Gotta love the unbiased journalism. The only reason I eat magic mushrooms is for the nausea, vomiting, muscle weakness, and loss of muscular coordination. Right.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Police confiscate "magic mushrooms" [IL] [Re: SuperD]
    #4387383 - 07/09/05 04:47 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Because it's an evil, evil DRUG, and all drugs are BAD! Except the ones the doctors give you. (Plus, stories like this increase paper sales) :rolleyes:

Offlinesander
learning

Loc: MA and IA
Re: Police confiscate "magic mushrooms" [IL] [Re: veggie]
    #4387572 - 07/09/05 06:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
The charges stem from his arrest for allegedly possessing less than 10 grams of marijuana.

The arrest also resulted in charges of possession of a brass hitter pipe used to smoke marijuana and with giving a 12-ounce can of beer to a minor.

wow this guy has the shittiest luck ever. hes been busted for owning a pipe (it never fails to kill me when i see this, i mean come on you can buy them but not have them in your pocket?). hes been busted for allegedly having less then 10 grams of bud. and for giving a can of beer to a minor. wow. one can? that's just ridiculous. this guy must feel like the world is out to get him.

Invisibleoneducktwoducks
Re: Police confiscate "magic mushrooms" [IL] *DELETED* [Re: veggie]
    #4387821 - 07/09/05 07:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by oneducktwoducks

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinesander
learning

Loc: MA and IA
Re: Police confiscate "magic mushrooms" [IL] [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #4388266 - 07/09/05 10:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

haha. i hadn't noticed that. well the shroomery pharmacology says mushrooms are 00.6% psilocin. which would mean he had the equivalent of over 10,833g of p. cubensis. well shiiit, lock the dude up.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Police confiscate "magic mushrooms" [IL] [Re: sander]
    #4389420 - 07/10/05 09:40 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yeah they say "possession of psilocybin, a hallucinogenic drug commonly known as "magic mushrooms."

lol...psiolcybin isn't known as "magic mushrooms" LOL...they obviously did NO research before writing this story.

yeah, and 65 grams of psilocybin would melt the world lol...

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Police confiscate "magic mushrooms" [IL] [Re: myndreach]
    #4403388 - 07/14/05 11:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Its not no reasearch was done, or incorrect terming (kind of), its how the law sees it. Like how they used to do LSD by weight, so you could go to jail forever for a couple of sugar cubes and get off easier for a few sheets of blotter...the mushrooms are said to be all psilocybin, because all of it contains some. Its just how they talk about things to make drugs more badder...

Same way a guy in I think Vermont got busted with 10,000 shroom chocolates, but they couldnt charge him with a felony (over ten "doses") because in that state, theres no set "dose", worked for the guy that time..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag