Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineprankster1590
Male User Gallery
Getting HBWR to seed and flower
    #4358356 - 07/01/05 02:49 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ok so it is not extremely difficult to germinate and grow this plant. But the final goal offcoarse is a bag full og HBWR seeds.
The problem is that I don"t live in a tropical climate but in a mild or moderate sea climate with winter from around the 0-5 degrees celsius and humid summers with temps from around 22 to 25 degrees celsius. And not as much sun as I could wish.
Are their any trick to force a HBWR plant to flower.
I read that with cerain plants you can force it by giving it light for like 20 hours a day and after some time you plant it outside and the reduction in light would shock the plant and it will flower.
But HBWR isn't that fund of light. It will wilting in too much light. So I have got a dilemma.
My question is Are their special tricks to force the HBWR to flower and produce seeds????

By the way. What are the favorite conditions for this plant and what chemicals are best used to stimulate growth???
Like the ground PH, Humidity, Favorite minerals, Temp, Potsize, etc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebluelou
NUTCASEdrugbucket!
Male User Gallery

Loc: $hroom Central
Re: Getting HBWR to seed and flower [Re: prankster1590]
    #4358728 - 07/01/05 07:52 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

They grow in the deep south!

Mine grew outside for 2 years and flowered just fine!!!500seed harvest...
Humidity is always high and temps 85 to 100 and 65 to 85 winters!
SUN they LOVE the more light the better in my oppinion like Hawain climate!
Soil doesnt matter but have fluffy soil,pot will restrict growth it may never flower?
Good luck!

--------------------
Have you tried my(black kow) pile style tek outdoors!!!!!!!!

Offlineprankster1590
Male User Gallery
Re: Getting HBWR to seed and flower [Re: bluelou]
    #4359305 - 07/01/05 11:39 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I read alot of rapports that HBWR like partial Sun and partial shades. That too much sun wil cause the plant too wilting.
I live in North west Europe. Where I live the weather is like scottisch weather. I don't think that is weather where a HBWR will flower and seed.
Maybe a greenhouse(glashouse((don't know what it's called in English)) ) is an option????

But are there any tricks to make them flower??
Like what coldschocking does with mushroom.

Edited by prankster1590 (07/01/05 11:41 AM)

Offlinebluelou
NUTCASEdrugbucket!
Male User Gallery

Loc: $hroom Central
    #4360281 - 07/01/05 03:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Greenhouse YES!

No tricks just time 2 years and warmth may get it done!

--------------------
Have you tried my(black kow) pile style tek outdoors!!!!!!!!

Offlineprankster1590
Male User Gallery
Re: Getting HBWR to seed and flower [Re: bluelou]
    #4362297 - 07/02/05 03:10 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Warmth. I will try that.
Are their special lamps that can create sunlight. I have alot of shade in and around my house and the weather is like always shit.
Maybe I can use those lamps they use to let say egs to hatch. Is that a good idea. That is and light and warmth.

Can the space for the roots also be of any influence?? Somebody said that when you give the roots allot of space in a big pot, that the HBWR also flowers. Is that true??

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #4363075 - 07/02/05 12:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm in the south and never was able to get them to set seed. They grew great and had lots of flowers but not one seed. I don't really know what the factors are that make them produce but in hawaii they do set seed. Other places you have to get lucky. And yes, I did try hand pollenating them and cross pollenating.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlineprankster1590
Male User Gallery
Re: Getting HBWR to seed and flower [Re: Stonehenge]
    #4365699 - 07/03/05 06:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I was thinking and thought this.
A plant with seeds is like a pregnant women. But A women does not get spontaneously pregnant. She needs a man for that.
So maybe I need a second HBWR plant to make my plant pregnant and to give me some seeds.

Is this possible????

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #4365886 - 07/03/05 08:31 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

prankster1590 said:
Well, I was thinking and thought this.
A plant with seeds is like a pregnant women. But A women does not get spontaneously pregnant. She needs a man for that.
So maybe I need a second HBWR plant to make my plant pregnant and to give me some seeds.

Is this possible????

That was "simply put" but quite accurate! Is Argureia Nervosa a monoceous or Dioceous plants? (Moneceous = either Perect flowers containing male and female reproductive parts,or male and female FLOWERS on the same individual. Dioceous= Like cannabis,some plants male some female). If they are monoceous and have perfect flowers then have you tried to polinate them by transfering polle from one to another?

Keep in mind that some plants dont set seed if they self pollinate (actually some CANT selfpolinate) but only if they crosspolinate with other individuals!

Offlineprankster1590
Male User Gallery
Re: Getting HBWR to seed and flower [Re: Psiloman]
    #4366860 - 07/03/05 04:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have found this in a text about the CONVOLVULACEAE . It says that Self-pollination may occur when the flower wilts.

Quote:

The flowers attract various insects (and in species of Ipomoea, birds), which visit for the nectar secreted by the hypogynous disc (Fig. 99: j; Govil 1975). The stamens closely surround the style by forming a short column in the center of the flower (Fig. 99: g,h), and five narrow passages between the filament bases lead to the nectar. The insect may touch the protruding stigma as it enters the flower, and then it becomes dusted with pollen from the introrse anthers as it reaches for the nectar near the base. Self-pollination may occur when the flower wilts.

How do you pollinate?? How can you make sure that it will happen??

OfflinePsiloman
Male
    #4367178 - 07/03/05 07:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ok lets star.First lets make sure which part of the flower is which so you can have an idea of what you are doing (Remember : The difference between the one who follows instructions and the pioneer ,is that the pioneer understands the theory behind the instructions,so if he stumbles on a problem he knows how to circumvent it!)

Now what we see is a perfect flower meaning it has both female and male "genitalia" on the same flower.This qualifies as a flower from a monoceous plant.What one has to do in order to pollinate a plant is to take some pollen with a fine brush or a cotton stick (you know,the ones for earwax :smile: ) by gently rubbing the anther and transfer it on the stigma of the flower or of another flower.The stigma usually has a sticky secretion that will keep the pollen there.After some time the pollen will literally "sprout" and the pollen tube it will make will go through the style to reach to to the ovules in the ovary. You will know you have succeded when fruit forms from a swelling of the ovary. The sepals and petals along with anthers will wilt and there you go,a seedpod will start forming!

Keep in mind that the flower shape and location of anthers might change according to species but it wont be that hard to locate them.The filament and dusty "anthers" give off the  stamens and the unique shape of carpel gives of where pollen should be put!

Offlineprankster1590
Male User Gallery
Re: Getting HBWR to seed and flower [Re: Psiloman]
    #4369404 - 07/04/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wow. Thanks Psiloman. This is some usefull info.

Do I have to do that with every flower???

OfflinePsiloman
Male
    #4369440 - 07/04/05 12:40 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yes,with every flower.Chances are though that some flowers will fertilise by themselves...One cound introduce pollinators,hmmm bees or other insects that will do this work for you trying to get sweet nectar from the flowers.If you do that you will have "hundrends flying fine brushes working automatically" just for you and your flowers!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds